Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anyway to silence or adjust a exhaust ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway to silence or adjust a exhaust ?

Well, I finally got my exhaust on...and it is TOOO LOUD !!!!

They are dual exhaust....and its not a fart can...but def. sounds JUST like one. Is there any way to quiet it down a little ? adding something etc etc ?
    Members Ride - 1993 Honda Accord EX

I'm all about the hushpower II from Flowmaster. I have one and love it! I have the shorty, but the bigger you go, the quieter it'll be I'm sure.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

i added a resonator to my exhaust. took out all the rasp and made it nice and quite when driving half way normal and a nice deep tone when i get on it. i think my intake almost completely drowns out the exhaust.

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

Buy the longest and/or largest resonator that will fit and install it. Or buy a new exhaust.
        1994 Honda Accord SiR Sports Sedan

“When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln
        CD5Tuner - A Fifth Generation Accord Community
        PS3 tag: Mechtroop

Comment

You should be able to fit an 18" resonator, but that will give you a deeper tone. It will not quiet down the exhaust, that has to do with the piping size and muffler.

The larger the piping size, the louder. A straight through muffler will not quiet down the exhaust much, but flows better. A true muffler that quiets down will be offset inlet/outlet.

DD Red Accord:

Kamikaze 4-1 header to 2.5" inlet/outlet high-flow Catco cat., 2.5" exhaust piping with 18" Magnaflow resonator, OBX straight-thru dual-tip muffler. It is a nice deep tone, no raspiness, but is at my toleration limit for HWY cruising (3200 RPM, 5th gear, 80 MPH) any louder and it would be very annoying. I still manage to have conversations with others/my wife in the car.

Project White Accord:

Bisimoto header to 3" inlet/outlet high-flow seamless cat., 3" exhaust piping, 15" & 22" resonators, Magnaflow straight-thru dual-tip muffler. Deeper tone and more aggressive tone compared to DD Red Accord, but significantly louder. At HWY cruising (3800 RPM, 5th gear, 80 MPH) it is far too loud to carry any conversations. I want to retain performance/high-flow on this setup and may keep it as-is. However, if I did change I would probably change the muffler to a Dynomax offset type and an exhaust cut-out/dump setup.
          Last edited by HondaFan81; 10-13-2009, 11:15 AM.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

make a custom silencer like i did. i have straight 2.5 pipe>cherry bomb glasspack>my custom little silencer. sounds slightly louder than stock exhaust. seriously.

i went through lots of different mufflers and they were all either too loud or too restrictive and heavy...... and then i realized that i can make my own muffler/silencer that only weighs 2lbs, costs $10, and works better than any aftermarket muffler.
            and another benefit is you can actually tune your sound by altering its length.
            i think there is a pic of it somewhere in my civic thread

Comment

When i first installed my Magnaflow Street Series muffler it was LOUD as hell. I already had two resonators on there from before b/c i just removed my greddy evo2 muffler. Well what i did was i removed the second resonator and replaced it w/ a glasspack (18") and it quieted it down tremendously. Also eliminated all rasp i got. There's a vid clip in my MR thread if you want to hear what it sounds like. Thats w/ my F22 engine though, I've got an H22 now. Its louder but not obnoxiously loud.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

a resonator is about the only way i can think to hush it...you could also get muffler caps but if yours isnt a fart can, then i dont know what to tell you

ive got a thrush turbo muffler on my cb and it sounds awesome....a $50 muffler that sounds better then most magnaflow or flowmaster etc..is great try it out if you dont believe me..in the future ill get a sound clip
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

Comment

Well....what if i only put the stock muffler back on ? Will it quiet it down ?

here is a video of how mine sounds -
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubyy-yps3X8

Telle me what yall think !?
                  Members Ride - 1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

uhhh, thats not loud at all.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Yeah that's not really that loud. Is this the first aftermarket exhaust you've ever had on a car?

Comment

^^^^^not loud at all, you should hear mine
                        my brother can hear me coming from a mile away,

add a resonator, should quiet down a bit, or get a 2005 accord muffler on,

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Also, check for leaks in your exhaust. If a pipe is cracked or a connection is loose, it'll scream.

Comment

the flexpipe probably has a leak
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

Comment

Working...
                            X