No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downpipe is supposed to be here Monday. Will be great to have it nice and quiet. I can't stand exhaust leaks even the slightest.

Still need an oil change and the fuel filter replaced. Haven't got around to that yet.

Comment

This motherfucker...

I ordered a Denso Radiator from RockAuto. $61.09 shipped and will be here Thursday. Good thing I have 41 hours of vacation, 16 hours sick time and a day off with pay certificate saved up... Wasn't planning on working on shit my whole vacation but it's looking more and more like I'm going to.

Comment

Nice little project. In for updates.
        CC2 Vigor.

Comment

I never wanted another project and it better not turn into one!

In all seriousness if this car turns into another project I'll sell it in a heart beat and not bat an eye.

I was/am expecting to do a little maintenance, take care of the brakes then drive it for a couple years with just the routine scheduled maintenance as advertised by the manufacturer.

If anything goes after I replace this radiator I'm done. I should have sold my 1993 EX when I had the chance.

Comment

This is why I bought the new downpipe and gaskets. This video was taken with the windows up and the A/C on. Wait till the end, I nail it to the floor for a bit.

Aaand the new Bosal replacement downpipe and gaskets. I ordered several gaskets and glad I did, I ended up with two that work.

Comment

I received the radiator from RockAuto today. First Denso replacement I've ever bought. I like it.

Comment

I've noticed when in park the P light and D light are both illuminated. I'm expecting something to be burnt on the TCU board. It shifts great just those lights both light up.

I'll pull the TCU sometime soon and see what's burnt. Been through this several times before. At least this time I'm not experiencing any issues.

Comment

I've got my vacation scheduled. Not next week but the week after I'm going to work 3 days and be off for 4 days. Work Monday, Tuesday, Wendsday then off Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Three weeks in a row for my vacation, another week for my two sick days and one more week for my employee of the month award and for these things called Davidson dollars. So I have 5 weeks straight where I'm only going to work 3 days a week and get paid for the other two.

This will allow me to get stuff done with my cars. Which is why I'm making mention of it.

Comment

I drove the car a little more than usual today, looked down and seen the temp was at almost 40*F!

Took a trip to Orscheln and got antifreeze and oil.

Comment

Drained the radiator. Changed the oil. Removed the dowpipe. Only one nut was a bitch, I was surprised.

Comment

Bought some more parts. From RockAuto as always.

Anchor driver side motor mount. Wholesaler closeout for $7.00!
                        Bando power steering belt
                        Bando alternator & A/C belt
                        MAS sway bar end links
                        Moog sway bar to frame bushings
                        And a Standard PCV valve.

$52.79 shipped.

Tomorrow I will get the new downpipe on. I've got a new hanger to go with it.

I will also get the radiator replaced tomorrow.

I'm going to try to get the brake pads and brake master cylinder replaced next week. I still have some things I need to do to the Talon. Kinda dividing up my time between the two.

Comment

Today I got the new Bosal downpipe in along with the new Denso radiator and Stant 180* thermostat.

Bosal downpipe went in awesomely. Can't believe how well they engineered this thing. Getting it to go in took a little bit of finesse and if it wasn't designed almost perfectly it wouldn't have went in.

Comment

Test drove it. Filled the tank. Put 17 miles on it. All is well.

Comment

Just purchased a used replacement passenger side outer tail light. The current one is cracked and has mold and water in it.

Also purchased 4 bottles of OEM ATF. I noticed today while replacing the radiator that the transmission fluid was a little dark. I've also noticed that the transmission shifts a little harsh in the lower gears. It has a bad driver side motor mount which I have a replacement on the way already and that should fix it. But the transmission fluid drain and fill won't hurt anything either.

I also got 10 white LED 194 type bulbs for the corner lights and license plate lights. I always have liked a 92/93 CB with nice clean plate lenses with white LED bulbs. Looks clean.

Comment

Order from RockAuto arrived today. I don't know if I messed up the order or they did or just what happened with the front sway bar end links. But I also don't care. One side will be red the other black. Doesn't matter to me as it's only a daily.

Sway bar end links, sway bar to frame bushings, PCV valve, and driver side motor mount.

Oh, and the LED 194 type bulbs arrived as well.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 08-23-2016, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X