Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Renz0 - Accord CB3 from Slovakia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reply! Yes, the interior is dark gray leather, I find that pretty rare here. Even Burgundy color is very rare in Europe. To the EGR thing - I will unbolt and clean the throttle body ans EGR and IACV once again. You never know. I never did EGR port cleaning though, is there a DIY topic on that? All the hoses should be replaced, since I'm restoring the car and I want everything new and running smoothly. Any advices/tips guys?

Comment

I've decided to fix the huge cutouts since I was doing the fog lights. This is how it used to look:
      Originally posted by Renz0
      I've made myself a template and mesured how much material is actually needed. Classic painter's tape and a lot of patience and fixing up and down.

Applied a layer of liquid of fiberglass mixture onto the solid bumper and covered it with the actual fiberglass which I used to cut and cover all missing areas.

Both sides done, the foundation for 2K bumper soft bondo is done. Had to use dremel to smooth out the edges.

Right side has bondo applied, it's been sanded and flattened to original shape. The left side is fresh - bondo's still wet.

Right side done. Any big gaps around? :P The left is not done yet. I've realised I have to do multiple layers of fiberglass there - around 6 -
      It has been cut out too much and it doesn't quite fit yet.

Comment

Done. All compared and the cutouts are minimal. Will apply some silicone to prevent moisture getting into the back of the fogs so it doesn't rust any more.

Take into consideration that this has been a DIY fix with no knowledge. I've been just experimenting and learning throughout the process. Some of you may not like, but I'm proud of what I've done myself and didn't pay someone to do it for me.

Comment

Like it or not, it's your car! You're happy with the results and that is all that matters.

Personally... looks good for a DIY. With a bit more experience, time, etc. you can make it look just that much better.

If you were a professional and charing people money for this, then I would be on your case.

Keep it up and thanks for posting the pictures!
          Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            Like it or not, it's your car! You're happy with the results and that is all that matters.

Personally... looks good for a DIY. With a bit more experience, time, etc. you can make it look just that much better.

If you were a professional and charing people money for this, then I would be on your case.

Keep it up and thanks for posting the pictures!
            I take constructive criticism all the way. I'm un-experienced, but throughout the process of experimenting, I'm learning. Thanks for the reply, and If you with to post an advice, feel free to do so.

Comment

Only thing I can suggest is keep doing it. Experience and learning hands on is the only way I learn and get better at doing things (watching YouTube videos does nothing for me ).
              Last edited by Jon; 08-28-2017, 05:47 PM.
              Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Car is finally home! Wish me luck!

Started disassembling the front again to gain access to the wheel wells.

Shot of front. Three layers on non-corrosive primer plus three coats of rubberized undercoating.

Degreased, cleaned and sanded with 80 grit sandpaper. Three layers of non-corrosive black primer Body 922 and three layers of Body 950 - rubberized undercoating in a spray form.

Last edited by Renz0; 09-20-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Started to dismantle the passenger sided suspension parts - yes, just a half. The other half will be done when this half will be done. Whatever, hehe

Comment

That should protect it pretty well. Looks good. Now it’s ready for a 2000 Accord v6 complete front knuckle on each side. Changing a CB to 5 lug is well worth the time and $$$. Especially when it’s all ready apart lol.
                    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                      That should protect it pretty well. Looks good. Now it’s ready for a 2000 Accord v6 complete front knuckle on each side. Changing a CB to 5 lug is well worth the time and $$$. Especially when it’s all ready apart lol.
                      Technically, I'd like to perform a 5-lug swap with other calipers. Unfortunately, I don't have any spare knuckles. Or else being said, what knuckles with calipers fit CB apart from v6? I've looked for the list and it got me all confused. Also, I'd like to do a Rotor Over Hub conversion, since stock CB setup is pain in the ass to change the rotors. So dumb of Honda to do it that way.

Comment

You want 2000-2001 Accord v6 complete front knuckle. That means the knuckle, hub, rotor & brake caliper all together. You want these two years only. No yr 1999. You want v6 only. 2000-2001 are 5 lug, rotor over hub, and an inch bigger rotor. It’s a way better setup and it bolts right on to the stock CB front suspension.

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                          You want 2000-2001 Accord v6 complete front knuckle. That means the knuckle, hub, rotor & brake caliper all together. You want these two years only. No yr 1999. You want v6 only. 2000-2001 are 5 lug, rotor over hub, and an inch bigger rotor. It’s a way better setup and it bolts right on to the stock CB front suspension.

You are my hero.

Comment

Hey folks, after a looooooooooooooooong break I've finally managed to get my hands down on the suspension and finally strip it down. The results are not so great, 15 stripped bolts and two control arms rusted to the sleeve and bolt.

The rear trailing arm bushing was shot on both sides, that could explain the driver sided rear wheel to be slightly bent inwards as someone stated in the first comments.

The rear calipers were BOTH shot. They'll be rebuilt, same as front ones.

Here's the complete pack.

In the meantime, I started cleaning the intake and I'll have EGR ports done too. New gaskets, for now. Next year? The complete rebuild, hopefully. The wet part is mostly built up carbon.

Last edited by Renz0; 01-06-2018, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Hey there, yet again.

The suspension parts were stripped to bare metal using an angle grinder and sandpaper discs - ued 60 grit - NEVER do the same mistake as me. It did a great job on removing the rust and flakes, but it easily grinded the metal too.
                              Use 100 grit and light pressure on the angle grinder, don't you ever rush this job. The more you cut the metal, the weaker the part is. Nonethless, it's all rust-free and painted with
                              Alkyton -
                              Effective anti-corrosion pigments provide long-lasting anti-corrosion protection. The product has very good adhesion to the corroded surface after manual cleaning. (color on rust, color to the roof)

ALKYTON covers one layer in the entire range of shades supplied.

The solvents used provide the product with excellent workability - with a brush application, a look of similar quality to that of spray can be achieved.

Modification of alkyd resins with urethanes gives the product long-lasting color stability and significantly prolongs the gloss.
                              The results are magnificent.

There are two more control arms mounted ont he car, but they're rusted to the sleeve in the bushing o I might cut the bolt out. The next big thing re the knuckles, I'm tumbling upon a lot of rust and rusted bolt on the shield and I can't take them out. When I get the out and paint the knuckles, I'll be here again with another post.

The next thing on the list are:

• PU bushings on the front & some on rear
                              • Coilover install
                              • Brake caliper rebuild and paint
                              • Silicone paste and copper anti seize - preferably 3M one - CAN'T BUY THOSE IN SLOVAKIA, FFS.
                              • Braided brake lines.

If someone can help me deciding with the caliper color, that'd be great. The car is going to be blue, wheels will be black with silver polished lip. Blue, or black?

Comment

Damn. That suspension is going to look and feel nice.

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                                X