Fuel leak, need help identifying replacement part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel leak, need help identifying replacement part

Okay, my Accord is absolutely pouring out fuel. Had to use an impact wrench on a control arm bolt, apparently it sorta shook the line apart

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So, I took a picture of where the leak is, by the driver's side rear tire. I have the area where the leak is coming from circled. Right behind that bracket there is a short metal line, and fuel is shooting out the top of it. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a particularly great picture of it, it's just the line that connects to that bracket. I can't identify the line though, whether that short metal section is replaceable by itself or if I have to replace one of the long fuel lines from the front of the car to the rear. Does anyone know what exact line is right behind that bracket, what it might take to replace it, etc? Or maybe at least some good pictures of the line or if anyone can identify the part in a Honda parts diagram like this one? I'm kinda stuck here

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/find-...AT/FUEL%20PIPE

Very common thing in areas that see alot of winters/salt. I am 95% sure that it is line 10, that goes straight to the fuel filter. H22wagon93 had the same exact problem, we took the quick way out and patched in a new section of 5/16" line that was roughly 10" long. Used a double compression fitting to join the butt joint together and transferred the orig. fitting over and flared the tubing. Worked out very well. It's def. up to you-the quick way or changing out the entire line. From the circled area pictured going up to the tank is usually okay, the metal is alittle thicker, but keep all those lines sprayed w/ some sort of oil to preserve them.

Comment

Oil? I was thinking rubberized undercoating would be the way to go. I'm just really annoyed that my car is out of commission and I just filled the tank too >_>

Otherwise would it be sensible to run braided stainless line from the tank to the fuel filter? I think it'd be easier than replacing the entire hard line and likely more reliable/safer?

Comment

Oil is def. my preference vs. thickly cladding something, esp. on rusted parts. It's up to you, mild to wild on this one. I will say that you could get that back up and running in no time w/ what I did and you could always do the whole line if you absolutely hate it. It will work though.

Comment

Well the issue that I think that plan would have is that the hole is basically right at the fitting. Maybe an inch away. So trying to patch the fitting in would be tricky. And I can't really tell if I can get a new fitting or how to remove it or anything. It doesn't look anything close to a bolt anymore, looks circular :/

Comment

Working...
          X