No announcement yet.

Man i-phone woes lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's get the comparison straight. iPhones are the communist Lada Riva and Androids are the American Chevy Corvette.

Comment

I just got the HTC one M8.

so far I am impressed.

I had the Droid Razr maxx and loved it to peices but the phone started having memory problems and randomly rebooting.

Motorola seems to have a problem with that, as I had a few Motorola's and they all had reboot issues.

I was going to get the Moto X but I did hands on time and I think Sense is my fav UI of them all.

I used to do the rooting, as my Root thread shows.....that alone kills Apple, and this coming from someone who owns a Macbook and uses it almost exclusively.

The iphone is a phone that just works, all the time but my wife has the 5 and it is just garbarge. Battery life sucks ass, her power button broke(like really?)

Suprisingly the m8 has a great battery. I enjoy having top notch features because I do Overtime sometimes that requires me to literally sit around for 8 hours so having the extra power is cool.

I have got a day and some change out of a single charge and the latest update brough extreme power saving mode which calls for an additional few hours out of a dying phone.

The build quality of the m8 is fantastic. The camera is pretty damn good, it has a shit ton of features.

One of the best phones out easily.

Fuck Phablets lol.

Comment

I've never been much of an iPhone fan at all. Sure, I've had an iPod Touch. I just don't really care for the overly simplicity of iOS. However, I have had a 5S in my possession (Trying to help a buddy sell it) and it is updated on iOS8.. The more that I play with it, the more that I like it, I guess..

I am an android person. There are tons of android phones out there. Some are crappy as can be, some are not. If you're not using a flagship phone, you're wasting your time. I have owned several different brands of phones and have found that I don't care much for motorola nor HTC. However, Samsung seems to know what they're doing when they build certain flagships. I like the Galaxy line and still use my Galaxy S3. I've wanted a Note 3, but the micro USB 3.0 power/data cable is pretty crappy. At least the charging port is.

I am looking to upgrade and it's a close call, between a Galaxy S5 or the iPhone 6+; but I will be waiting for all the 'hype' to slow down. It's simply not worth some of the crap these people are doing/going through to obtain one.

I saw where people were camping out in front of apple stores for 2 weeks prior to the release date. Simply ridiculous.
        92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
        2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
        2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post

XRCN: Androids do seem to get extremely slow the longer you own them, just like windows phones. The beauty of Android is that people make modified roms and clean out all that stock garbage and bloatware. So it's like having a new phone everytime a rom comes out.
          This. Completely. Owned Androids for a long time up until the iPhone 5s which I have now. Had my iPhone 5s now for 8 months. By now an Android would be slow as fuck. It's like they only test them to work properly a few months. After that they go to complete shit. Happened to me time and time again and I have heard countless others say the same. But, for that few months it's great.

Comment

A lot of the times, i find that the people who struggle with Android are the ones who don't close their apps after using them, they just simply use the home button to 'close them.' They don't clear out their RAM from time to time and they don't do anything that they should do to maintain their device. Just like a windows computer, or any computer for that matter, or even your car, if you don't maintain it properly, it won't run properly.

Now I understand that things do happen, say your screen goes out. But usually that happens from something that the user did. Maybe a little water/moisture or even a drop. I have issues with my phone but i remedy them myself. I have a galaxy S3 and it's still going strong. It isn't slow, because I free up my RAM often and I close every app that I open. It isn't rooted, and has never been rooted. I don't even use power save mode. The only issue that I have ran into with this phone is there's a little screen burn from the keyboard. But that's from my blind ass using the thing all the time with the screen brightness set all the way up.

People say that iPhones don't get slow over time? Yeah, actually they do. Everyone that I know, who has an iPhone, especially an older one, they slow down to the point that they're almost unusable.
            Last edited by dysfunk; 09-22-2014, 03:21 PM.
            92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
            2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
            2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

My 5s is just as fast as it was the day I bought it and I do not have to do anything to maintain it. It just runs like it's supposed to.

iOS gets new apps first and generally has better apps.

iOS is incredibly stable and reliable. Even the Froyo 2.2 Android has a habit of freezing up a lot more than an iOS6 and up.

As for media the iPhone takes the cake completely. Podcast, video management, iTunes. Android only has Amazon store but cannot get TV or movies.

The iPhone is also tested on a single platform. This is huge. That is why people say Androids go to shit after a few months. They test many many platforms while the guys at iOS only have to test one. That's a pretty big deal.

Comment

I want my phone to be a phone and my iphone 5 works really good as a phone. The only phones that i have owned that have been better are from Nokia. The other features work pretty well but i am still on ios6. I refused to upgrade to ios 7 which sucks has isuues with safari and programs crashing constantly. Now ios 6 will not let you do things such as use siri which worked fine in the past, now siri tells you, you must upgrade to use the basic features. 2 years old and phone portion still works great but then again i dont throw or drop this one like all my past phones.

I upgraded?? To ios8 on my ipad. Safari is worse than with ios7, more useless features causing problems. Repeated crashing, pinch expand hardly works, when decreasing it goes to all the open windows screen like on a mac. When scrolling up/down, the whole screen blanks out and slowly reloads. If you stop in the right spot it just stays blank.

I tried using my dad's android phone and it was awful, it would be through the wall in less than a week. Even with the things that irk me with iphone5, I can live with it and I see no need to run off and get iphone6.
                Last edited by lucifer1; 09-22-2014, 09:40 PM.
                Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

I've had 3 iphones. And then I went to a Samsung Galaxy NoteII and will never go back.

The fact that I can put an external card in my phone (16,32,64GB) and expand the phone is a plus. Iphone charges you for a whole other phone to do this.

I can drag and drop movies, music, etc. on to my phone in my PC and I'm done. Iphone requires I use i-tunes, and don't even get me started on i-tunes!

And while my NoteII is 3-5 years old now when it came out it had specs like:
                  Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9
                  8 MP camera
                  NFC (free)
                  1080P HD video rec.

Why everyone is so excited about the Iphone 6 which seems to be outdated in technology, size, specs, and features is beyond me. I'd say the only advantage the iphone has is that it's granny friendly and has finger scan button. While I do like the physical feel of iphone i-tunes drives me beyond nuts!

But just my opinion, to each their own. I respect folks who like phones too, my g/f loves them for their simplicity

Comment

Just get this and no longer will you have to deal with all the issues that plague the newer phones.

Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

I recently only had Samsung phones with large screens and Apple could never keep up, owning a Galaxy Note 3 now but I see the Iphone+ as an opportunity to give Apple a chance.

We'll see, got a few months left untill my phone-contract renewal. Might just go with the Iphone+ this time.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                        My 5s is just as fast as it was the day I bought it and I do not have to do anything to maintain it. It just runs like it's supposed to.

iOS is incredibly stable and reliable. Even the Froyo 2.2 Android has a habit of freezing up a lot more than an iOS6 and up.

As for media the iPhone takes the cake completely. Podcast, video management, iTunes. Android only has Amazon store but cannot get TV or movies.

The iPhone is also tested on a single platform. This is huge. That is why people say Androids go to shit after a few months. They test many many platforms while the guys at iOS only have to test one. That's a pretty big deal.

I have never had an Android slow down after months of use. I think what people are griping over, is the bloatware that carriers cram in before you get the phone.

I used to root mine just to be able to remove all of this crap.

Now granted, yes, Apple phones don't suffer from that problem, but they do slow down as well. Nothing computer based is free from that. Apps take up ram, texts take up space, and if you do not manage it, it can be a problem.

I don't agree that ios has the better apps, they do get a lot of them first, but I don't mind waiting for an app that had issues on iOs to come to Android minus those same issues. Ive seen that more then once.

While I have had lesser phones not be stable, and I agree fragmentation has hurt the Android experience, Android as a whole, is very stable and very much reliable. I haven't had issues with my phones.

Android only has Amazon store? No tv or movies? On what planet? Android has the Play Market which has 1000s of movies, books, games, and apps.

And we also have tv.

Again, the single platform and closed ecosystem do make for a great device, but there are things that you will go without because of it.

Comment

This. Completely. Owned Androids for a long time up until the iPhone 5s which I have now. Had my iPhone 5s now for 8 months. By now an Android would be slow as fuck. It's like they only test them to work properly a few months. After that they go to complete shit. Happened to me time and time again and I have heard countless others say the same. But, for that few months it's great.
                          Josh, I haz my Note for 2 years now, use it everrrryday! I think mine did steroids.
                          I'm in GPS while speaking on the phone alot, hardly EVER do I need to plug it in.
                          I work 12 hour shifts, and it has earned it's place as a work-horse for me.

My Note is more than I need right now and it's really served me well!
                          Like Deev stated, most people hardly ever use the full potential of what they have.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

@XCRN .. I was one of the first in my town to own "The Brick"
                            LOVED that phone lol! You cold NEVER mis-place it, batteries lasted for 2-3 DAYS!
                            You could hold it under your ear and write at the same time!
                            It fit in your back pocket perfectly! AND you could still sit down!

Crazy how far we've come huh?

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                              I have never had an Android slow down after months of use. I think what people are griping over, is the bloatware that carriers cram in before you get the phone.

Now granted, yes, Apple phones don't suffer from that problem, but they do slow down as well. Nothing computer based is free from that. Apps take up ram, texts take up space, and if you do not manage it, it can be a problem.

I don't agree that ios has the better apps, they do get a lot of them first, but I don't mind waiting for an app that had issues on iOs to come to Android minus those same issues. Ive seen that more then once.

While I have had lesser phones not be stable, and I agree fragmentation has hurt the Android experience, Android as a whole, is very stable and very much reliable. I haven't had issues with my phones.

Android only has Amazon store? No tv or movies? On what planet? Android has the Play Market which has 1000s of movies, books, games, and apps.

And we also have tv.

Again, the single platform and closed ecosystem do make for a great device, but there are things that you will go without because of it.
                              iPhone also uses a solid state drive so it too slows down with the more data you put onto it. So in that aspect I know that it will slow down in that particular way just as the Android does.

From my knowledge you are right on the money about Bloatware. I almost said something about that but I didn't. But you are completely right.

As for Androids slowing down with use not related to more data on the solid state drive, I believe very strongly that this is Androids largest downfall. I have experienced it personally as well and many advanced users who know all the steps to keep them running optimal. I still hear those advanced Android users say when they are being honest that they do slow down with use. Not a lot but that it's noticeable.

I think, and this is my opinion from my observations and experience, that the bulk of people who have issues with Androids and slowing down with use are the people who are on them All. The. Time. Everyone knows who I'm talking about. The ones who have to have them plugged in most of the day while they sit there and use them. I done it occasionally with my Androids but not much. Laid up with a broken leg for months I used mine quite heavily.

I guess it depends on what apps a person tends to use. But generally speaking it is undisputed that iOS has better apps. Preferences I guess.

When I was at Sprint purchasing my last Android I was told at that time that Android didn't have any other means of TV or video other than Amazon store. So evidently that has changed since. Still yet the media aspect of the iPhone is pretty bitchin'. I mean, Apple created the iPod. So naturally the iPhone is going to give you a great media experience. Minus iTunes. I will admit that iTunes sucks. But there are ways around that.

The single platform for iOS is a big deal. The only downside I see is Apple is pretty damn controlling. I don't really care for that. It's like they provide products to give you in attempt to make you do things a certain way.

If it were not for my trouble free experience with my 5s I would be using an Android.

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                              Josh, I haz my Note for 2 years now, use it everrrryday! I think mine did steroids.
                              I'm in GPS while speaking on the phone alot, hardly EVER do I need to plug it in.
                              I work 12 hour shifts, and it has earned it's place as a work-horse for me.

My Note is more than I need right now and it's really served me well!
                              Like Deev stated, most people hardly ever use the full potential of what they have.
                              I have heard great things about the Note. I think that is a platform Android did a lot of work on and got it running very well. Not my cup of tea but a great phone none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                                The slowness is now nothing to the glitches, even after I did a hard reset they are all still there.

One of the issues I have is if I try and call someone and when I press the button nothing happens, so I keep pressing it repetitively until it does call them. After I hang up with the call it will try and call the person again 50 times. It has become a real PITA.

It will freeze a lot of times to the point where just simply powering down does nothing so I have to remove the battery.

I try and put an SD card in the phone and have it "formatted" for the phone and it does not work. Third time now and numerous different SD cards.

My first Android the screen turned black on half the screen then all of the screen just 5 days after the warranty expired. Still no idea why it did that.

Apps like to open themselves up slowing down everything.

I had this issue where "car mode" would just spontaneously start up and every time it would put the calls into speaker automatically, and sometimes would turn speaker mode on randomly after I turned it off. And it would close it self unexpectedly taking me out of what I was doing. Finally got that fixed.

Some texts box on the internet, such as passwords, would not work.

Key board likes to not work a lot so I have to turn the phone off and on every fucking time.
                                Really sounds like you got a factory defect on your touch screen, you should have returned the product if you were unhappy with it. Not many users report the same issues you share. About the same amount of people that complain about Apple defects to be honest. A defect is a defect. In many cases the components in an Apple are produced in the same plant as components from Samsung.

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                                I used to be into that "look how much my phone can do!!" mentality...now I just want it to work, consistently, whenever I need and not throw any fits in the middle of important stuff.

Do I really need 8 cores, 3gb ram, hdmi, surround sound, 4k, built into my phone? No, but it looks nice on paper. I guess if you're into the mobile gaming/video watching thing it's worth it. I just want music, books, and useful apps.

Also, the iPhone is considered a status symbol like buying a higher end car...or a Prius (lol) and that plays a big role in the pricing as well
                                So now that you are in the "justifying how little your phone can do but still cost like it can do more mentality". Why should it cost so much money if it has less capabilities than the Microsoft and Android offerings?

Look, I just paid 3x what you paid for your phone so I can make calls and text and use GOOGLE MAPS because iMaps is buggy. I can't have live tiles or widgets but I can open an app that does that.

Buy a Nexus device with 4.4 KitKat+ and you will never experience this. Infact since 4.0 the way the cache has been handled has been greatly improved.

Froyo is ancient software. Android is designed for Nexus platform, Google will use the top electronic companies to make the Nexus. Samsung, HTC, LG, ASUS and a few other companies all compete to produce the Nexus. So Android is also built with a single platform in mind but give manufacturers flexibility in processor and GPU to create a much larger offering of devices than the iOfferings meager few choices. If you want the most stable device get the flagship of the company, Apple or otherwise.

iTunes is garbage and restrictive, and as far as media goes on my Android devices (including my TV) I currently stream from Netflix, Amazon Prime, I<3Radio and a few others and never feel limited on live media. I can also go and rent/buy movies from Amazon or the Google store. I can also use my existing media library via SD card. My TF700 has imbedded 64GB of storage as well as can accept one 64GB SD in the keyboard dock and another 64GB SD in the tablet itself. I cannot run out of memory on it. Hell it runs linux on a dual boot as well so I can use it as a laptop. All of this and still costs less than the iPhone 6+.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                                I've had 3 iphones. And then I went to a Samsung Galaxy NoteII and will never go back.

The fact that I can put an external card in my phone (16,32,64GB) and expand the phone is a plus. Iphone charges you for a whole other phone to do this.

I can drag and drop movies, music, etc. on to my phone in my PC and I'm done. Iphone requires I use i-tunes, and don't even get me started on i-tunes!

And while my NoteII is 3-5 years old now when it came out it had specs like:
                                Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9
                                8 MP camera
                                NFC (free)
                                1080P HD video rec.

Why everyone is so excited about the Iphone 6 which seems to be outdated in technology, size, specs, and features is beyond me. I'd say the only advantage the iphone has is that it's granny friendly and has finger scan button. While I do like the physical feel of iphone i-tunes drives me beyond nuts!

But just my opinion, to each their own. I respect folks who like phones too, my g/f loves them for their simplicity
                                I completely agree with you on this, I'll bet they could bring back the old Motorola StarTac, slap an Apple logo on it and sell it for $700. It's simple and expensive, seems to be a winning combination. But to each their own, if you want that StarTac and can afford it, more power to you. I just can't justify it on a hardware standpoint.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

And we also have tv.

I wanted to stand and cheer, thank you for pointing out that the iPhone is not without flaws. I also want to point out that Apple apps limit designer creativity in that Apple dictates how things should look and operate and if it doesn't conform to strict Apple standards it won't ever see the store. I like the fact that I also have many choices of apps in the Google market, and if I don't like one I can generally find another substitute that might have the specific function I'm looking for.
                                Last edited by wildBill83; 09-23-2014, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X