CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner "Off Topic"

Old 03-30-2014, 11:03 PM   #1
kvssidy
Newcomer

kvssidy is cool... so far.
can anyone give me advice

So i got a 1990 accord lx that i would like to build so far it's completely stock. i saw these http://www.ebay.com/itm/261438307870...84.m1423.l2649 i wanna know if i need anything else for them to be installed
kvssidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:25 PM   #2
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
For one, those shocks suck. Used versions of them from Canada aren't going to make your argument for recourse any stronger. I would stay FAR away.

Assuming you did buy them, you will also need a camber kit for the front and rear so that your tires don't wear unevenly.

Before you go modifying your suspension with used parts, what else on your car needs to be fixed? Do any of the other suspension components need replacing from a maintenance standpoint?
Old 03-31-2014, 07:31 AM   #3
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Moved to Off Topic. Normally a thread with a title such as this would be deleted, but Jarrett's advice needs to be read.

I agree. Those shocks are terrible, and being used, they're probably blown already.
In addition to QUALITY springs and shocks (those springs are good), you'll want to get a quality camber kit (SPC or Ingalls... no cheap stuff... you don't want that breaking on you.) fresh bushings all around, new ball joints all around, and of course a proper alignment.
You should also be sure your brakes and tires are in good condition. If they are not, replace them.

People think their suspension is a cheap way to start modifying their car. It's not.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #4
af_1132
CB7tuner Member

af_1132 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Skype™ to af_1132
kvssidy,

Here is a great compilation of suspension setups made by another site member, most being far superior to the used examples you found on Ebay.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

The list is not exhaustive, but it is a good idea to go with a set that are well trusted and proven durable by many others.

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
"Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
FS Thread

15.10 @ 90.42mph
The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
af_1132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:45 PM   #5
kvssidy
Newcomer

kvssidy is cool... so far.
yeah sorry for the late reply guys. I'm just now getting back to the forum and with much more knowledge this time! I appreciate the response!
kvssidy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: