Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

second dui. should i get an attorney?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

second dui. should i get an attorney?

why why why? i don't know why i did it again. im wondering if i should get an attorney or not? would it be worth it or not? i no im going to have to do some days in jail. but the only thing i can see that could change is the days im in jail. (2 instead of 5) the attorney i spoke with doesn't want to give out to much info unless i pay his ass half his fee. has anyone gone threw this with an attorney or not? thanks peoples. and im in ks. peace
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Originally posted by drew12000
    why why why? i don't know why i did it again. im wondering if i should get an attorney or not? would it be worth it or not? i no im going to have to do some days in jail. but the only thing i can see that could change is the days im in jail. (2 instead of 5) the attorney i spoke with doesn't want to give out to much info unless i pay his ass half his fee. has anyone gone threw this with an attorney or not? thanks peoples. and im in ks. peace
    you will spend atleast 4000 dollars....and your second time is ussaly jail time...first is ether 3days jail or 3 day program its up to u...and second one i beleave is jail time inless u have a good attorney

Comment

If you're under 20, I would most definitely get an attorney. What does your previous record look like? Any prior moving violations other than the first DUI?

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Dont cheap out get an attorney

Comment

im 28. and have a pretty clean record. couple of proof of no insurance. just got my license back from the first dui bout month ago.

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

not to state the obvious but a taxi cab=12.00 DUI 4000.00 don't understand why ppl make the choices they do. Best of luck but seriously if all you get is 5 days in jail you will be lucky

Comment

definitely get an attorney. Unless you're completely familiar w/ the law.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Taken from--> http://www.ksdot.org/burTrafficSaf/alcdriv/DUILaws.asp

SECOND DUI OFFENSE

You will receive 90 days to one year imprisonment and will be fined $1,000 to $1,500 plus court costs, probation and evaluation fees.

You must complete the court ordered treatment program for alcohol and drug abuse (at your expense).

Your driving privileges will be suspended for one year. After a one-year suspension of driving privileges is completed, you are restricted to driving only a motor vehicle equipped with an ignition interlock device for one year. This mechanism makes it impossible for anyone who is intoxicated to start the motor vehicle.

Your vehicle can be impounded for up to one year.

I say get a lawyer.
                3 CB's gone....
                1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Damn son!!!

Only had your license a month from the last one.....come one bro.

I dont wanna see none of ^^^that happen to you, but if you did what you did, then i dont think an attorney is gonna help. He might be able to knock it down some, but its gonna cost you. You just have to decide whats more important.

Good Luck drew.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

thanks guys. been alot of help. i'll fill ya'll in on whats happening. don't drink and drive kids. peace

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Well we know one person wont be making the meet, LOL.

Sucks bro, Get it together!
                      -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
                      newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
                      newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
                      newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

Originally posted by heylookitsdylan
                        Well we know one person wont be making the meet, LOL.

Sucks bro, Get it together!
                        maybe

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

DEFINITELY get an attourney.

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

yea attorney man good and one that wins 90 percent of his cases do your homework

Comment

little update.

licence gone for a year
                              the state of ks is going to put a breath tester on my ignition( so the car wont start) after the year is over
                              couple grand spent after all said and done.
                              going to jail. not sure how long but know i'm going. have one more court date.
                              peace

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Working...
                              X