Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whats the differance!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the differance!!!

Ok i dont wanna sound like a complete noob, but i gotta learn sometime. What is the diif between a Cb1-Cb6-and a Cb7????

Different Chasis of the different models.

Comment

Well i know that but does it have to do with the engine in it, the year or mabe the model?

Comment

It is a chassis designation. As such, certain chassis only had certain engines (I am of course making a generalization that extends beyond the selection given in the Original Post). However, some chassis held various engines depending on the trim level, market, or both. Therefore, you cannot assume a chassis designation gives you details regarding the motor. Example: CD5 had the F22B1 and F22B2 in North America so the only thing you know for sure is that all CD5s are Honda Accord SEDANS.

If you want to know more, there is a ton of info everywhere on what each chassis designation means. I know only a few:

CD3 - sedan (SOHC F18B motors)
        CD4 - sedan (SOHC F20B motors)
        CD5 - sedan (SOHC F22B motors: e.g. F22B, F22B1, F22B2, F22B5, etc.)
        CD6 - sedan (H22A only)
        CD7 - coupe (same as CD5)
        CD8 - coupe (H22A only)
        CD9 - coupe (same as CD4)
        CE1 - wagon (CD5 motors in addition to various transmissions)
        CE2 - wagon (CD4 motors in addition to various transmissions)
        CE6 - sedan (C27A4 only)

The CE7, CE8, CE9 are more closely related to the CF chassis and so I didn't include it with the above.
        Last edited by James Matteu; 10-17-2010, 12:30 AM.
        1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
        C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
        MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
        ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
        You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

Originally posted by James Matteu View Post
          It is a chassis designation. As such, certain chassis only had certain engines (I am of course making a generalization that extends beyond the selection given in the Original Post). However, some chassis held various engines depending on the trim level, market, or both. Therefore, you cannot assume a chassis designation gives you details regarding the motor. Example: CD5 had the F22B1 and F22B2 in North America so the only thing you know for sure is that all CD5s are Honda Accord SEDANS built from 1994-97.
          So if i have a 1991 Accord Ex with a f22a4 in it, it could be any cb model??

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_OOOOH_YEA! View Post
            So if i have a 1991 Accord Ex with a f22a4 in it, it could be any cb model??
            Pretty much yea, Chassis code mainly deals with the country the car came from.

And welcome! Another Alabama Cb owner!
            -Will

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
              Pretty much yea, Chassis code mainly deals with the country the car came from.

And welcome! Another Alabama Cb owner!
              lol Well alright then, im just tryin to make shure im not repin the cb7 thing if my cars not a cb7. Yes sir! lived here most of my life.

Comment

All USDM coupes and sedans are CB7s. It's in your VIN. 1HGCB7 or JHMCB7. If you have a wagon, it's a CB9. Those are the only ones we got here. The rest are Asian or European models. All 4th gen Accords are the CB chassis.

You do realize that multiple exclamation points do not denote a question, right? They just make you look like an idiot.

Comment

What can i say.. im an idiot... Sry.

Comment

Good. Then we agree on something.

You might want to do something about that if you plan on staying around here for a while... because it probably won't happen otherwise.

Comment

You're not an idiot.

you just have a lot to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_Catalyst View Post
                        You're not an idiot.

you just have a lot to learn.
                        scratch that, he did spell difference, *differance.

Comment

i have made the misspelling mistake too.

welcome to the club
                          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

He won't be coming back... and if he does, he won't be here for long.
                            I probably SHOULD ban other members for flaming, though... I guess that since I get smart with someone that they feel they can follow suit...

When a member makes 10 threads with vague topics and questions, all with "!!!" after them... it gets irritating. I'm not picking on him for a single misspelling.

Comment

Working...
                            X