keepinitclean : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Thanks guys

That's waaaaay to low for me! I can't even leave the drive way this low!

Working on rears now, do I need a strut compresser to get it out? Its all unbolted, it just seems like it needs to be compressed to be removed.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

this car is stupid clean... love the interior

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

Nope, the rear strut/spring will all come out as one piece. You just need to push the brake assembly/trailing arm and everything down and wiggle the strut out. It's a little bit of a pain, but you'll make it work.

Comment

You need to re-use you upper strut mounts huh? Do you have an air compressor and an impact gun? If you do, you can be a sav like me and do as follows. Set the complete strut on the driveway with the bottom of the strut pointing toward the street. Put one foot on the spring and take the impact gun to the nut on the strut. Make sure there is no one behind the assybly. Blast it till the assembly releases and Athens strut shoots down the drive way. The re assymbly is straight forward.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
          MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Thanks

And Omg mikey, THANK YOUUUU, I still had to use the compressors but I managed to wiggle it out.

And Carlos! I already have the top hats on, I just needed to get the OEM strut out so I could put the new one in.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Nooo problem. Getting the rear ones out of there are a pain, they always get hung up on something. It's much easier to take them out of a car with drum brakes, because they always seem to get caught up on the dust shield if you have rear discs.

One little (very dangerous) trick I do when working on suspension by myself, is to take your car's scissor jack and wedge it between the upper control arm and the inner fender. Raise the jack and it'll push down on the control arm, lowering all of your suspension/brake components and gives you enough room to drop the strut out of the tower, raise it back up, angle it and pull it out.

Comment

Mikey you know u can just disconnect the swaybar and its basically at full drop ?

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                Wimp go low or go home haha
                Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
                Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

More work lol. In the case of my coupe, that doesn't have a sway bar, I still needed full drop, but I had help with me.

Comment

I think I'll unbolt the sway bar this time

and I have an issue with the screw in the back currently, so the other side wont be lowered until I have a solution.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
                      I have an issue with the screw in the back.
                      Originally posted by Mishakol129
                      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

This is how the front is sitting now. It needs to go up a bit more.

This is with the back dropped. It looks much more functional than the front. I have to correct my small issue then I can start working on the other side and be done.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
                            Your missing the innuendo, but it's all good. Not as funny if you have to explain the joke...

Yeah it looks like the springs settled a bit.
                            Originally posted by Mishakol129
                            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I caught the joke. Your play on words was funny. car looks great. bring the rear down a bit and the front up a bit

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                              MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

I don't think this joke will be very funny for me. The fuck is a innuedo?

I actually like the rear height because it doesn't have much camber, and as devergote mentioned, it won't be very wise to lower on this struts. I will bring the front up, no doubt, but first the rear bolt issue must be fixed.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Working...
                                X