No announcement yet.

Jarrett : 1993 Accord EX (2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than the rain that looked like a fun day.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Its all kicking off in here!!

Sometimes a week solid endulging in a build is the best way to make progress. Rain sucks, trust me though its best just to power through. That pop up cover makes it better. I love the mix of new and old Honda parts. I particularly interested in the brakes.

Going to a be a monster Accord!

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
      UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
      NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Wow that's a first I've seen on the TL-S 5 lug parts.

I can't wait to see the finished results Jarrett.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

After this I put the new wheels on and dropped it to the ground.

I will get around to addressing the calipers later. Honestly, I was trying to fit a different rear caliper/bracket/rotor combination back here that didn't work. I took some measurements and I'll play more with that later. For now, dirty factory calipers will do. Those pads should be pretty nice, though.
          Last edited by Jarrett; 07-27-2017, 01:03 PM.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

What wheels are you running?

Originally posted by Darkcloud
            Wimp go low or go home haha
            Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
            Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

looking good!!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Well, this project has taken a bit of a turn in direction. While all I really intended to do this week was the suspension and the heater core, I had a few other looming issues as well. The rear mount on the crossmember had failed before I purchased the car and it made for annoying shakes off of acceleration. Also, as the first post alludes to, the engine was replaced before I purchased the car. It was replaced with an F22A4 but they retained the F22A6 manifolds. Logic would dictate that if you had the bad engine and the replacement engine sitting side by side, there shouldn't be any instances of missing or misplaced hardware. You have two of everything and a model to show where they go! I'm finding so many things have been put on with RTV as I'm actually getting in here to investigate, as well.

So, I've decided I'm pulling the engine. I have a few engine builds going on right now but nothing is finished. This means I'll have to use the JDM H22A I found in a junkyard a couple of years ago that's been sitting in my garage. I don't want to discuss that too much because that could change by the time the engine is actually ready to go in. Either way, my girlfriend and I prepped the engine for removal today and will pull it tomorrow. While it's out I'll powerwash everything and scrub all the crevices. That will be a good time to put all of the new suspension into place.

This will give me time to run a few new harnesses behind the dash and not rush the heater core. In the meantime I'll drive the CL. I literally haven't sat in that thing in over 6 months. That will be a welcome reunion. It needs a battery, first. Anyway, more senseless picture vomit that you won't benefit from.

Something is missing.

Found most of it!

Preparations have begun!

Regardless of how clean you think your engine bay is, it's not clean until you've lifted the battery tray.

If you have your blower motor out, get into the evaporator housing and get those leaves out!

Originally posted by c91bse7 View Post
                What wheels are you running?
                17x7 Kosei K1s with a +42 offset and 235/45/17 Nitto Premium NT850 tires.

Last edited by Jarrett; 07-28-2017, 01:55 PM.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

No good on the engine troubles, good thing you had a spare h22 kicking around though! Man I wish I had a set of those wheels, they've been one of my favorites for a long time!

Comment

I looked for these wheels forever. I was searching Craigslist all over the country for them. Then, by chance, they showed up in Austin for $500! That's about 2 hours away from me, so I snatched those up. I was originally planning to put these on my CL, hence the tire size, but I haven't gotten a spare set yet.

But yes, having an engine a few feet away was definitely some of the motivation for going through with it. It was in the plans from the onset anyway, but the issues just sped up the process.

Comment

I almost bought a set , but they needed to much work and were redrilled so I passed on them.

Who woulda known that thing was held together with rtv and dreams... Hopefully my accord will be getting an h22 soon as well

Comment

I got the engine out of the car last night and on the ground for accessory removal.

Empty and disgustingly dirty.

Next up is the removal of all the ABS hardware, the hard clutch line and damper and then submerging the engine bay in Simple Green.
                        Last edited by Jarrett; 07-28-2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Deleting abs?

Comment

Yes! I love simple green! Almost everything comes off, except for the darkest black deposits near the AC compressor.
                            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by c91bse7 View Post
                              Deleting abs?
                              Of the two CBs that I've owned that have had it, both have had bad accumulators. I could fix them, which I find to be a pain, or just delete it. I don't really like early ABS as it is, so I elected to pull it. The extra room in the engine bay is a nice added bonus, but hardly the motivation. Power steering, cruise control and air conditioning are still staying.
                              Last edited by Jarrett; 03-19-2015, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Yeah mine doesn't work in my se, when I get around to doing my swap I'll be deleting abs as well. I've had the lines and 40/40 prop valve for a couple years now but just haven't been motivated to do the swap just yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X