No announcement yet.

Why do cops hate hondas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ALWAYS got pulled over when I was younger. Sporting a 3" fart can, not lowered, tint, and a backwards hat. Always not giving a shit what others though, and honestly that is what does it. A fart can, and hitting vtec, etc. is all about not giving a shit. Ya do what you want! <<< That is why kids get pulled over. And yes, its a shame that we get profiled for it, but 90% of the people on this site (including me) were that kid back in the day.

Now that I'm older and the car looks professional / respectfully good, I don't have this issue. I've had cops give me the thumbs up, when I was scared to look at him as I drove by.

I rev hard when on-one is around and I am not near people to disturb, I don't endanger the lives of others, and I obey all the laws NOT giving the cops a reason to pull me over. I turn my stereo down when others may find offense, and some of you may say 'fu$k that!'. But it only takes one complaint to the police for them to pull me over and keep pulling me over every time they see me.

So get the 16 year old kids to stop buying cheap hondas, putting far cans on them and hitting vtec all night and maybe 10 years down the road we won't be profiled.

Comment

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

the wife got pulled over in my cb by an older police officer in Yonkers,NY who was apparently "profiling" Hondas or imports with any modifications. Much to his surprise when he approached the drivers window he spotted a woman in her early 50's who IS the legal owner of my cb and in whose name it is registered and insured. He told her he was looking for a tan car with light colored rims (yea right)

he walked back to his car and drove off without any further contact.

wish i could have seen his face when he looked at the paperwork and license

but as to the profiling thing it does come down to the idiots who want to street race unsafely
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

^^^^ lmao I would've been one of the kids too if I had a Honda instead of an automatic Jeep Lib. at the time. I love seeing the look on their faces when they can't get you for anything.

JDM powered CB7

Comment

Well we don't hate Hondas.... We hate the 19 year old kid who drives around the town doing 55 in a 25 with a huge fart can on it to make it way to loud. Don't get me wrong there are those same kids in mustangs and camaros and If I see them they get pulled over too. However most kids who are into modifying cars can't afford a mustang/camaro/etc so they get a civic.

Comment

Profiling is wrong and it's a terrible thing.... But it works :/

3 scenarios

Modified Honda driving around late Friday night... Figured it was a young kid. Pull over for tint and smelled marijuana in car. Car searched found drugs and a bowl kid was arrested.

Black man in a rich white town wearing worn out clothes(looked homeless) carrying a large bag and a backpack. He was heading toward the train which goes to the city which is like a 15 minute ride. Stop the man to talk because of suspicious activity. Searched bags( with consent) stolen property in bags from a few robberies earlier in the day.

White kid driving around a urban drug area in a newer car. Figured he was buying drugs. Stop the car for not coming to a complete stop. Kid is super nervous avoiding questions. Have him step from the car to pat down for my safety. Kid had drugs and was arrested.

Comment

Well your best bet would be to make your car less noticed with the sleeper look. That's no tint,no stickers stock rims,stock looking exhaust, preferably magnaflow oval es muffler,no loud/music,not having the car slammed to the ground,stock tail lights helps too.

Then just drive like a normal human being so you don't become a target. Cops look for things to make it an issue because that's their job to sniff out and enforce things even if its a bit on the petty side because if they didn't they wouldn't be doing their job.
                The majority/of people that sped and got away with it is because they are probably less inconspicuous about their ride to which some degree gets them over a majority of the time.

I drive in all my cars with window tints and I don't get bothered at all also I think they tag a lot of the older cars jest to see if they fax tag you with anything too out with the old and in with the new since the newer cars a much more quiet than the older ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71 View Post

3 scenarios

Modified Honda driving around late Friday night... Figured it was a young kid. Pull over for tint and smelled marijuana in car. Car searched found drugs and a bowl kid was arrested.

Black man in a rich white town wearing worn out clothes(looked homeless) carrying a large bag and a backpack. He was heading toward the train which goes to the city which is like a 15 minute ride. Stop the man to talk because of suspicious activity. Searched bags( with consent) stolen property in bags from a few robberies earlier in the day.

White kid driving around a urban drug area in a newer car. Figured he was buying drugs. Stop the car for not coming to a complete stop. Kid is super nervous avoiding questions. Have him step from the car to pat down for my safety. Kid had drugs and was arrested.
                  Still wrong to profile. Pulling people over for breaking the law (tint, failing to stop, etc.) is understandable. But following cars/people you profile, waiting for them to make a mistake so you can pull them over is something I have a problem with. And I have had it done to me too many times. "You hit a curb" or "you took that turn really fast". They profiled first, followed second, and third pulled me over for no reason.

Meanwhile people with normal looking vehicles don't get the "pressure" put on them like this. The lexus with illegal tint doesn't get followed because he probably has many lawyers and would give you a hard time (and your supervisor), or the BMW 5 series with modified exhaust (which is just as loud as a fart can) doesn't get followed/profiled because he is rich or "knows people". The diesel truck with stacks coming out of the bed and I could fit my leg in them, never stopped.

Some of your profiling I can understand, but you are basically telling me I can't drive my ride late at night because some cop will think I have drugs. Assuming I had no tint and was not breaking any laws I feel that profiling would still happen. This makes me angry. This makes everyone you falsely pull over angry.

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71 View Post

3 scenarios

Typical cop attitude.

And cops wonder why normal people think they are pieces of shit.

Its ok though, all you assuming fucks have lives that are doomed by this notion that you are an enforcer of law, meaning that you observe all of the flaws within society and are some how above all of that. Like its OK or JUSTIFIABLE for you to profile people. Its cool though, you are the one cursed with assuming the worst of every person you come in contact with, personal loved ones included.

You live the burden of that curse too, and it shows through police' private life and affairs. Police are among the most likely to be divorced-and it is most commonly pointed out that the vocational damage done on the job transfers into their personal lives and they cannot help but pass detrimental judgement on the ones they love the most like they are just as bad as the criminals they hunt day in and day out. You carry that same passion in all of your fights, not just the ones at work.

Whatever. You can stereotype and profile all you want. Just understand, you fit the stereotype and profile that WE POINT AT YOU TOO, MR. Officer.

Great job letting that shoe fit.

***Edit***

And before the "so what, let criminals be criminals" or whatever comments come in defense of the cops, I just want to add this;

Laws will always be broken. No Chuck Norris like superhero is going to stop kids from smoking pot, or stop every crack head from stealing electronics from someones house. Nobody will ever stop all of it. And quite frankly, its damn silly to think you ever will.

If "Profiling" offers you this special insight to actually be able to enforce the law, imagine how effective you could be if you actually applied yourself to real crime rather than fuck with anyone that you have empowered yourself to "hunt" on a daily basis using your own "self taught" sterotype approach. You have just elevated yourslef above average people, that aren't suppose to pass judgement or profile. Awesome! And you "Represent" the law??!!?!!

Don't you suppose stopping the drug dealer is a better way to stop the crack head? Stop the supply I guess is what I am saying.

Well, if cops spent more time focusing on real problems, there would be less overall problems in our country. Crack heads are only problems because crack dealers have crack. However, for bragging rights, numbers, statistics, overtime, whatever personal agenda-cops choose to fuck with rich kids buying weed or bothering some kid in a custom car that happens to be acting like a kid.

The black dude looking homeless, well, that comment basically makes you a racist by todays standards. So what he is black, looking homeless with a backpack? Assuming he is up to no good, since he looks scrubby, is black and is in a wealthy white part of town, well, thats racist. But thats OK if you are a cop right?

Jesus.

Don't cops realize that people try as hard as they do to get away with shit because they over extend themselves in such a fashion that it actually escalates crime and makes relationships with the public even worse? And, the public is to be credited 9/10 times a case is solved that wasn't someone getting caught in the act.
                    Last edited by toycar; 03-12-2014, 11:53 AM.
                    Originally posted by wed3k
                    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

If you have an issue with the same police and you feel its the same one of a selective few that keep harassing you take the eye-catching things off of your car then when you get pulled over again why not report it. When you don't report it it will just continue to occur if you keep putting yourself in that same position.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                        Well your best bet would be to make your car less noticed with the sleeper look. That's no tint,no stickers stock rims,stock looking exhaust, preferably magnaflow oval es muffler,no loud/music,not having the car slammed to the ground,stock tail lights helps too.
                        "Is there a problem, officer?"

"Yes. You're clearly interested in personalizing your own property. This world has no room for hobbies that bring you happiness. Not on my watch. You're under arrest."

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                          If you have an issue with the same police and you feel its the same one of a selective few that keep harassing you take the eye-catching things off of your car then when you get pulled over again why not report it. When you don't report it it will just continue to occur if you keep putting yourself in that same position.
                          Taking into consideration that my car was legal (no stickers, etc, etc), when I reported the cop who said I "hit a curb" I was pulled over 9 times in 3 months for no reason. I'd like to add that when he pulled me over in this instance he ran into the back of my car cracking the rear bumper. When I went to the chief of police....

1st visit: Said he was busy, sent out the cop who pulled me over who told me I was wasting my time, should go home, no-one cares, etc.

2nd visit: Sat and waited 50min while he sat at his desk doing nothing. He left.

3rd visit: Finally got into see the chief who said there was no issue. After arguing for 30min they agreed to fix my bumper. 9 months later my bumper got fixed.

After this I got pulled over 9 times in 3 months. I'm leaving out a lot of details but you get my point. I eventually moved. And ironically years later I ended up doing their IT support. No-one remembered me.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                            "Is there a problem, officer?"

"Yes. You're clearly interested in personalizing your own property. This world has no room for hobbies that bring you happiness. Not on my watch. You're under arrest."
                            LOL

Don't you realize that putting a fart can on a car or tinting your windows elevates you to the same fame and glamour of a black, suspected homeless burglar in a rich part of white town? Apparently its acceptable for the police to assume guilt for being a white kid with a nice car in the ghetto, being a white kid with a modded car, or being a black guy in the white part of the city.

I mean, the law MUST adress such obvious threats at public safety. LOL

I'd like to know at what point being pulled over for normal shit WOULD be considered harrassment by police if what this guy is suggesting is not. I mean, cops can justify fucking with kids for driving a nice car in the ghetto, being black and scrubby in a white part of town or for having tinted windows/modded car and being out on a Friday. If cops can justify passing that kind of judgement, and that shit is OK, then at what point is it excessive? And, what, you call the cops to tell them the cops were giving you a hard time? They don't give a fuck about that and you'll quickly learn that if you ever complain about a cop, to a cop. I mean, if I followed you for looking suspicious and questioned you, I would be considered an aggressor in the situation if it escalated.

If a cop does it, its all good. Like behind that badge they aren't just another Joe Schmo like anyone else.

Based on what Bcozzi says, he would've followed and questioned and confronted Trayvon Martin and look how that worked out in the public eye for Mr. Zimmerman.

Just sayin.

It wouldn't have been a problem because what, hes a real cop vs some poser? Like he has any rights that anyone else doesn't have. And whats even more disturbing, is this guy will most likely chime in on my comments in some defensive fashion attempting to justify his prejudice based on his work/career and life experience.

Like that is any more or less a valid answer than me saying exactly the same thing. So what, Im racist for assuming some black dude looking scrubby with a backpack is suspicious, but cops are immune to the same assumptions? No fucking way. Total double standard right there, and police are empowered by their positions and completely abuse what little authority they actually do have all to often.

Whats even worse is that police personalize their feelings into justifying whatever stereotype they are set on because of stuff they observe. Eventually, assuming anyone and everyone that fits their own preconceived model is guilty.

Fact of the matter, cops don't decide if you are guilty or not but they sure treat you like they are the final authority on the subject. Cops are assholes and wrong all the time. And this guy may be able to justify his profiling beause he gets results out of it, but it doesn't make it morally correct or acceptable in my book.
                            Last edited by toycar; 03-12-2014, 01:25 PM.
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I can't argue with a lot of what your guys are saying from what I skimmed (I'll read more later after work) I have friends who are dealing with this in camden New Jersey. Murder and drug capital in the USA last few years. They started a new police force this year and doubled the number of cops in the city. Most cops are on foot now and stopping everyone and anyone to question them for 5 minutes. They are getting a lot of complaints that the police are harassing them. Yet when they stop people who don't have anything they are thanking them for cleaning up the city.

Comment

Also I'm not saying I stop every modified honda or every black guy in a nice part of town. It's just kind of a feeling that you get and your following up on it. The black guy who looked homeless was in a gated part of down where phillies players and flyers player live. It wasn't because he was black but the fact he looked homeless. Iv seen many Hondas that are slammed and modified but I don't stop them. It has to so with where they are.. What they are doing.. And other criteria.

The state police got in a lot of trouble for profiling few years back because the found there were many tinted out SUVs (mostly Chevys) coming down the turnpike from NYC with coke( not 100% sure that was the drug) driven by black males. The state police then started stopping cars that fit that description. They got caught and had to stop doing it. However when they were 7-8 out of ten had drugs in the vehicle.

Is that wrong or should they just let them go? Not being a dick just trying to get feedback on what you guys what do?
                                Last edited by Bcozzi71; 03-12-2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X