Why do cops hate hondas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
    Are you basing this on any sort of fact? Because all of the data I have seen from any official source shows and proves that speed is a factor in nearly 100% of all accidents. Also, from purely a physics perspective, the faster you are going, the less likely you are to be able to stop (braking distance increases exponentially with speed), and you have more force when you finally DO hit something (increasing the likelihood of injury or death).

Drunk drivers do their fair share without question, but in most cases, speed is still a factor, like when they cross a double yellow into oncoming traffic creating a high speed, head on collision.

Also, let's be realistic. Citizens outnumber cops probably 1,000:1. I guarandamntee there are just as many speeders not getting caught as there are drunk drivers. Also, consider that speeding patterns are easier to predict. Cops know which roads people speed on, they tend to know when they are most likely to be speeding (to or from work), etc. Drunk drivers can be anyone, anywhere, any time. And I don't know about your state, but AZ hammers drunk drivers every chance they get.
    Actually my statement was based off some factual evidence, I was reading a study that took place in some of the Midwestern states. It's not that I am annoyed speeders are pulled over, that is how you catch drunk drivers, but it is that so many drunk drivers have gotten away without DUIs. I am glad AZ has a 0 tolerance on that, but recently one of my sister's friends was driving intoxicated and underage, she was pulled over and she was let go. I am hoping she does it again and actually gets a DUI and loses any driving privileges, she almost hit me in the driveway before.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

I always use this example and I think I got it from deev a few years ago.... When you go to resturant and have a terrible waiter you don't say all waiters are a piece of shit. One cop is a dick and everyone hates all cops. To the point where I can't even cross kids into a highschool without hearing a pig or go get some doughnuts ....
      Makes me laugh

Comment

can you honestly say you never speed you were probably seen speeding by an off duty pig and plates noted.

I got many thousand $$ worth of fines in my honda they were all made up fines.
        Might have been seen driving recklessly though.

it stopped when i got a fine and drove straight to the police station to kick up a fuss.

was also enough demerit points for a loss of license and a one year good behavior bond

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71 View Post
          I always use this example and I think I got it from deev a few years ago.... When you go to resturant and have a terrible waiter you don't say all waiters are a piece of shit. One cop is a dick and everyone hates all cops. To the point where I can't even cross kids into a highschool without hearing a pig or go get some doughnuts ....
          Makes me laugh
          I think this stems from the US vs them mentality in the US. It is unfortunately based on the fact that you can do a lot of things to them if they misbehave and they don't like that they can't reciprocate (the only situations where you would be doing anything is when they have broken the law). Also, 99 out of 100 times the people exhibiting such behavior are the wannabe "wolves" that you (the sheepdog) are keeping in line. And they know it, so they act out in other ways.

As for the different attitude and judgement that cops have to exhibit to stay safe, unless someone has been in a profession where the loss of life is a routine part of the job, they will never understand the perspective that goes with that.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Xsjado View Post
            can you honestly say you never speed you were probably seen speeding by an off duty pig and plates noted.

I got many thousand $$ worth of fines in my honda they were all made up fines.
            Might have been seen driving recklessly though.

it stopped when i got a fine and drove straight to the police station to kick up a fuss.

was also enough demerit points for a loss of license and a one year good behavior bond
            I am sure it was all them profiling you though...because certainly they would have nothing better to do with their lives than follow you around until they can pull you over.

Comment

not much profiling going on when it was the same officers in a small town of 15,000 they already know whose driving.

once they waited for me to get in my car parked behind it. i thought they were doing something at the courthouse.

last speeding fine. i was seen the previous day by detectives investigating a break in next door to work. next day their waiting there and fined me.
              they have never ever waited in this spot. speeding on both occasions.

punishing bad behaviour doesn't work though. due to my made up fines I think i have every right to speed. after hitting 10k of made up fines the numerical value means nothing now.

it becomes tiresome constantly following the speed signs at what feels like crawling speed on dead straight roads.

I can handle my cars in extreme situations. fining me for going a little bit faster than what a sign says is stupid. speeds never increase only decrease.

I always see police flaunting their rite to speed without sirens on.
              just makes you think their complete hypocrites.

I often have to turn cruise control on in town. and stare at houses and cars passing by.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Profiling! Your uncle is a bigot, and that driver should be given millions of taxpayer dollars in compensation! Cops suck!

^sarcasm, of course!

that guy was wanted in NY and NJ for auto theft.

before they could go to court in the man's trial he was killed trying to rob somebody. so he himself saved the taxpayers millions of dollars.

i agree with bcozzi71, if something doesn't look right, something doesn't look right
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

not much profiling going on when it was the same officers in a small town of 15,000 they already know whose driving.

once they waited for me to get in my car parked behind it. i thought they were doing something at the courthouse.

last speeding fine. i was seen the previous day by detectives investigating a break in next door to work. next day their waiting there and fined me.

punishing bad behaviour doesn't work though. due to my made up fines I think i have every right to speed. after hitting 10k of made up fines the numerical value means nothing now.

it becomes tiresome constantly following the speed signs at what feels like crawling speed on dead straight roads.

I can handle my cars in extreme situations. fining me for going a little bit faster than what a sign says is stupid. speeds never increase only decrease.

I often have to turn cruise control on in town. and stare at houses and cars passing by.
                  Doesnt sound like theyre profiling... soounds more like they know you're an easy ticket and just position themselves to catch you in the act.

Eventually, you will lose your license... and probably continue to blame the cops for your stupid choices.

You can't control what the cops do.... but egging cops on, breaking laws on purpose, pissing your money away... the only person getting fucked in this situation is you.

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

irony is I'm driving for a living. no chance they'd take my license.
                    I really should have taken them too court.

90% of my fines were made up and, they say your speeding when your not.
                    it gets to a point where I'v lost any respect i had for them.

I'm only working to fund car tuning and buy more cars.

Hondas never going back on the road unless I get it clean as. I want to rally or race it.
                    Last edited by Xsjado; 03-16-2014, 04:32 PM.

Comment

You never have the "right" to speed. In fact, driving in the first place is a PRIVILEGE, not a right. As such, it can be revoked when you don't uphold the requirements of said privilege.

Comment

irony is I'm driving for a living. no chance they'd take my license.
                        I really should have taken them too court.

90% of my fines were made up and, they say your speeding when your not.
                        it gets to a point where I'v lost any respect i had for them.

I'm only working to fund car tuning and buy more cars.

Hondas never going back on the road unless I get it clean as. I want to rally or race it.
                        I bet you are quite wrong. They yank people's licenses all the time in the US if they are driving like idiots. In fact, contrary to your assertions, they are more likely to because it builds a stronger case for that person being a safety risk for the general public. Again, a privilege not a right.

Comment

I don't hate cops as a whole.
                          just ones that abuse their power, harass people, or lie.

In non road related matters their typically great people.

it just doesn't seem right to be paying $350 everytime you bleep the throttle.
                          or they fine you when they haven't actually caught you speeding but you may have been reported for being reckless.

I know about road tolls. accidents etc. I couldn't believe the amount of amputees I saw in a hospital once. every room i looked into had one and i walked many corridors.

I'm not even that aggressive a driver right now, very content with what i own.
                          Couldn't care less what someone else is driving 99% of the time.
                          a few dailies i wouldn't mind picking up (skylines, supras etc) but I'll only be using them strictly for transport. will probably shock people by driving them like a grandma cause their not gonna become new money pits. if anything major happens gonna sell immediately after repairing.

Yes police pick on older cars a little though.
                          it's highly unlikely op drives around abiding by every law all day everyday.
                          if it was an f12 in the same situation they would probably just check it out and let you off sadly.

I often wonder does text come up when your plates are run, apart from criminal records. like a massive file stating every run in with you. along with notes.

sorry all that i rant and talk a lot of shit here by god it's good though. most forums don't let you speak in this manor. just factual or completely kidding around.

speeding should be when you actually floor it nearly double everyone elses speed. weaving in and out of traffic tires screeching and massive smokescreens.

but thats just my opinion i guess.

Comment

Speed limits are posted because that's the safe speed for that area. residential areas are 25 and below because kids/dogs/etc can run out and you need to be able to stop unless you wanna kill them. Just because you think you can drive fast and everything will be ok doesn't mean you should. There is other people on the roads you have to consider. Police don't pick on older cars more so the dumb kid driving an old car with a fart can screaming going 40 in a 25 because you feel like a invincible kid in a car. Driving is not a right and it can be taken away if you shove repeated offenses of being a poor driver. From what it sound like you are the kid that gives Hondas a bad name and then blame it on the people enforcing the laws(that we don't come up with). You feel like cops should only ticket guys weaving in and out of traffic and leaving smokescreens just like gang member think we should arrest the other gang members. We don't get to pick what the laws are we just get told what the laws are and enforce them.
                            As for what comes up when they pull you over... Depends on the state but most it's just driving history .. Probation/parole and vehicle registration/inspection all that. Criminal history is not obtained in a normal traffic stop

Comment

If i was transport minister speeding would have to be for at-least 5 seconds.
                              Or theres actually crash before fining someone.

People usually end up in jail when they do something tragic.

Just an opinion.

My most wreckless car was a c class. Not pulled over one time.
                              Drifting before it was a thing.
                              This was back when benzes weren't common.
                              Only been pulled over once for driving in the clk.
                              apparently went wide on one turn then cut the next.

Not speeding though.

Comment

The whole point of speed laws is to avoid accidents, though. And for a cop to witness a speeder for 5 seconds is essentially allowing him to put himself and others at risk. It's like saying "You can fire 3 bullets before I arrest you, unless you hit someone."

Of course, you're in Australia, right Xsjado? Bcozzi71 and I are from the same area of New Jersey... very densely populated, racially diverse, with a wide income range (you can get from the rich area to the run down area in minutes.)

What works in some areas might not work in others... and what is a problem in some areas might not be a problem in others.

Comment

Working...
                                X