Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new clutch?

Well I was waiting to do a swap but had a few things set me back in cash and since then my clutch has gone bad and keeps slipping anyone know the price to replace it or what its worth? Or should I just try and drive it till I do the swap?

Originally posted by domo32 View Post
    Well I was waiting to do a swap but had a few things set me back in cash and since then my clutch has gone bad and keeps slipping anyone know the price to replace it or what its worth? Or should I just try and drive it till I do the swap?
    Get the new clutch now and do it right!

Comment

i got my exedy oem replacement through a friend that is a parts distributor for 175 shipped and then i just purchased a new flywheel so i wouldnt have any down time waiting for mine to get resurfaced. i got the fly wheel from just autozone it was about 50 dollars or so cant remember off the top of my head, so a rough estimate would be 225 or higher

Comment

if money is an issue go to ebay they have decent clutch kits

Comment

Originally posted by jdmkilla26 View Post
          if money is an issue go to ebay they have decent clutch kits
          Nothing on eBay is decent for a bargain price, especially internal engine/transmission parts.

Comment

I have bought many Exedy clutch and never have any problem

Comment

Thanks every1 money isn't to big of a problem but just was looking forward to the swap

Comment

Quality brand names can be purchased on eBay, such as exedy. However, shit brands can be found there as well. An XTD clutch kit purchased cheap on eBay is the reason my car has been down for the past 4 years.

You would need a new clutch with your swap anyway, if yours was already that worn... so what are you bitching about? Get a new clutch now, and transfer it to the swap when that time comes. I don't suggest anything less than Exedy or Daikin. No XTD, no F1, no brands that offer "Stage 3" kits for 1/3 the price of big names such as ACT, Competition, or Spec.
                Also, don't think a higher "stage" clutch is "better". Get what you need, and no more. There is nothing to gain but increased friction surface wear from a stronger clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
                  Nothing on eBay is decent for a bargain price, especially internal engine/transmission parts.
                  i bought many of those cheap clutches (xtd f1 etc never had a problem they r perfect for a stock motor. who the hell puts a 120$ clutch a turbo or high compression build if u install them right and break them in right the can b a good cluth for the $

Comment

My XTD clutch grenaded on my stock motor
                    Just sayin'

They're perfect for one thing, and one thing only. Draining the wallets of naive bargain hunting tuners.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      My XTD clutch grenaded on my stock motor
                      Just sayin'

They're perfect for one thing, and one thing only. Draining the wallets of naive bargain hunting tuners.
                      maybe it wasn't install rigth i had it on 2 b18b a gsr a now with my h22 cb7 i been driving with it for 5 months and i race a ls vtec crx still feels good chirps 2nd and third. even good quality clutches tend to fail just saying

Comment

Working...
                      X