Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1991 HONDA ACCORD EX Rear Suspension problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 HONDA ACCORD EX Rear Suspension problem

ok I'm having problems with my rear suspension it wearing my tires really bad I just got them brand new and I don't want to trash them fast I don't have negative or positive, it edging the tire in a funny way and it's on both sides but on the R/R is worse, What do I check on the suspension

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by oaxaco1985; 03-20-2013, 05:20 AM.

Get an alignment. It'll tell you what is off!
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Take a pic of the damage you're seeing?

First, see pic below for some typical wear issues due to alignment?

Second, you used the word edging in your description. Maybe what you're describing is the fender's edge eating your tire. Your rear offset maybe too low and it maybe just scraping the outer edge. If this is the case then you'll need to roll your fenders lip to avoid future damage.

Comment

What you should check is your toe.
        "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

I took a few pictures that i will upload in a few but they look like feathered and when I drive it in wet or snow the car feels like if its sliping I will uplaud the pictures and the car is only lowered 2" the wheen is not even inside to hit the outer edge

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
          Last edited by oaxaco1985; 03-20-2013, 10:23 PM.

Comment

From your brief description it sounds like possible blown struts...

What suspension are you running? and how old is it?

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

I have stock struts and lowering spring from ebay I'm going to swap to rotor in the back and install new struts all the way around but I did notice that the R/R tire looks different front L/R look to be push in on the front and the back is out more than what the other one is which is leading me that I have toe in the R/R tire how do I repair this

Comment

Originally posted by oaxaco1985 View Post
                I have stock struts and lowering spring from ebay I'm going to swap to rotor in the back and install new struts all the way around but I did notice that the R/R tire looks different front L/R look to be push in on the front and the back is out more than what the other one is which is leading me that I have toe in the R/R tire how do I repair this
                You take it to a reputable alignment shop. There is an eccentric bolt at the inner end of the shorter control arm that allows adjustment of the rear toe. For a crude measurement, get a long straightedge, make sure the front wheels are straight, then adjust the eccentric bolt so that the straightedge laid across the face of the rear tire points to the outer edge of the front tire.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

i did adjust the toe it was in but I also notice that the front lower control arm is bent so now I'm going to buy a new lower suspension
                  I want to which one is best to replace it with

[IMG][/IMG]

or

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

If you have something bent in the front. Neither of those products in the pics will help you.
                    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

no the lower control arm in the back is bent the front just needs struts that's all

Comment

It is shaped from the factory to provide clearance for the exhuast; it is not a mirror image of the left one. Is there evidence it has been hit and bent? Check your local tire dealers, Tire Discounters in my are will do a free alignment check.
                        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                          You take it to a reputable alignment shop. There is an eccentric bolt at the inner end of the shorter control arm that allows adjustment of the rear toe. For a crude measurement, get a long straightedge, make sure the front wheels are straight, then adjust the eccentric bolt so that the straightedge laid across the face of the rear tire points to the outer edge of the front tire.
                          i have blackworks LCAs and they toe the back wheels in alot, too much to drive with. You think you could show exactly where that adjustment bolt is in a picture because i couldnt find it when i first looked. Any help appreciated.

Comment

It's where the front two lower rear control arms are bolted to the subframe assembly.
                            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

# 31

This is from a prelude but this what you're looking for

Last edited by Tishock; 03-22-2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X