• Time
  • Show
Clear All

been puttin a blower on my cls6

Prank Parts M90 adapter plate
    M90 off Buick Regal GS
    Aeromotive FPR
    Comptech ESM

Hopefully it all turns out nice and its fast. Need to get a B-series throttle body and relocate IACV.
    COUPE K24

That's awesome! Definitely keep us updated with the progress!

M90s are pretty cheap to buy. My junkyard used to sell ALL OEM superchargers for $75 (I think prices went up recently... but even twice that is pretty cheap!) I'm curious to see what your final cost ends up being.
    I'd imagine you'll get at least a 50whp bump in power, thinking conservatively.

Comment

How are you making the pulley snout line up?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Prank Parts took care of that when making the adapter.

Looks good. I seriously considered it for a while, but decided that I didn't want something sticking out of the hood like that. I'm building a moderately high-compression J35A for mine, and I'll try to be content with that for now.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Nice.

I want to see this in person when it's running!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            That's awesome! Definitely keep us updated with the progress!

M90s are pretty cheap to buy. My junkyard used to sell ALL OEM superchargers for $75 (I think prices went up recently... but even twice that is pretty cheap!) I'm curious to see what your final cost ends up being.
            I'd imagine you'll get at least a 50whp bump in power, thinking conservatively.
            yea I got this from pull a part. It was 90$ out the door with a warranty! I have probably right at 1k with parts to this point.

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
            How are you making the pulley snout line up?
            That manifold adapter takes care of all of it.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            Prank Parts took care of that when making the adapter.

Looks good. I seriously considered it for a while, but decided that I didn't want something sticking out of the hood like that. I'm building a moderately high-compression J35A for mine, and I'll try to be content with that for now.
            It was hard for me to decide, but once it got mounted I'll deal with it lol. Next will be j35a3 for sure. I really want to do AEM but I have emissions and its REALLY expensive.

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
            Nice.

For sure man. I hope itll be done this weekend.
            COUPE K24

Comment

Superchargers have always fascinated me. I have an M45 in my basement that I had hoped to put on something. Never did, sadly. I was an idiot and paid $300 for the damn thing!

Comment

Superchargers have always fascinated me. I have an M45 in my basement that I had hoped to put on something. Never did, sadly. I was an idiot and paid $300 for the damn thing!
                well maybe not now, but later you'll find something to stick it on.

didnt do much today. helped a friend do a front cover on corvette. what a pain in the ass. I did get a b-series throttle body though, off a local facebook parts group. hope to have most of it finished up tomorrow.

COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                  Nice.

X2...a monster in the making

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

So good! I love these motors with a blower stacked on top. B series throttle body seems like it would be small for supercharger.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                      X2...a monster in the making

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                      So good! I love these motors with a blower stacked on top. B series throttle body seems like it would be small for supercharger.
                      it defineitly is. But it will work for now. That inlet is only good for 72mm.
                      COUPE K24

Comment

This is one of those things that you just need to get working... then you can focus on getting it working better!

Would you be able to use the throttle body from the car the blower came from?

Comment

This is one of those things that you just need to get working... then you can focus on getting it working better!

Would you be able to use the throttle body from the car the blower came from?

yea i will.

yea the prank parts kit came with an adapter for m90-b series throttle body.

its just flat plate that has 3 countersunk holes and then 4 more holes for honda tb.

its now becoming hard to track down vacuum leaks. slowly getting them though.
                          COUPE K24

Comment

How many pounds of VTEC will this make?

Comment

I'm right with Deev on this. Roots superchargers are so damn cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X