Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brake lamp warning....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake lamp warning....

Hi there.

I have this problem on my braking system.

Sometimes I get a "brake lamp warning". Then the parking brake lamp comes on. And then ALB failure warning.

I now know the problem is a bad connection in the wiring to the brake light bulb. And that the fault possibly is in the tails somewhere....

I have looked thoroughly in the tail lamp compartments. I have even shaken the wires to find any bad bad connection, but only sometimes the brake light bulb suddenly looses power. All the connections has been cleaned with contact cleaner. But still no change. The problem comes and goes as it wants to.

Thereīs a very low finding of corrosion in the bulb socket. But i dont think thats the problem.... It still works when i shake the bulb a bid...

I canīt find what wire thats the "guilty one".

Does any of you guys had this same kind a problem.....?? Is this a known problem for cb7īs??

I think its maybe the big wire "plug" in the left tail light.

Jeppe
    Do not underestimate the power af a CB7!!

I have this problem on both of my 90 accords. I run L.E.D. bulbs in all my taillights. Only solution is to run a load resistor paralell to the bulb thats causing the indicator.
    ( A sensor checks the bulbs by mesuring current or volts or amps or something like that and returns a error and displays the warning. If a bulb is burnt out the load on the system is much lower. LED bulbs use less power and cause the warning to come up. Even stock bulbs in aftermarket lenses can cause the error light.)

A solution to Your problem could be....
    1. get a load resistor and run it parralell to each of the bulbs tell you find the bulb causing the indication and leave the load resistor there.
    2. buy all new bulbs to make sure its not a bad bulb or poorly functioning bulb.
    3. Black tape, either applyed over the light above the indicator on the dash or remove your dash cluster and apply it directly over the indicator.

could just be a disfunctional brakelamp failure indicator sensor....(not sure what its actualy called or where its at or how to fix it)

Good Luck
    Last edited by Akira_kj; 06-27-2006, 11:14 PM.
    I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

Ok thanks man.

Comment

So that's what I needed. I just installed a spoiler with an LED brake light and the warning light up at the dash keeps going on although I know its functioning properly. I had a suspicion that the LED had something to do with it but I didn't know what to do about it. This info is pretty useful.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

My indicater light is always on but for the fact that I disconnected the rear tail light.
          "Saving The World, One Smile At A Time"

Comment

Originally posted by YannieBoy
            My indicater light is always on but for the fact that I disconnected the rear tail light.
            What...??? You have disconnected your taillight...???

I looked at it again today and I suspect the relay in the right tail light to be the problem. But I ran out of time so im going to look at it again tomorrow.

I noticed that when I pressed down on the connector to the relay the brake light went out. So maybe its the relay that has to be replaced.

Comment

I need an answer to a simple question: I know that UDSM cb's inner tail lights light up when you drive, but do your inner tails have breaklights aswell? Here in EU only the outher tails light up, I just have a foglight and reverse lights in my inner taillights. Sorry if this is a little offtopic

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

well i had the brake lamp light problem to. When i checked all the lights and stuff i found out that some of them would bust then melt together when they got hot. weird very weird

Comment

Originally posted by lindiz
                  I need an answer to a simple question: I know that UDSM cb's inner tail lights light up when you drive, but do your inner tails have breaklights aswell? Here in EU only the outher tails light up, I just have a foglight and reverse lights in my inner taillights. Sorry if this is a little offtopic
                  The inner tails dont have any lights besides the fog light. But I have thought about making it myself..

Comment

i had this problem too.. for me, it was the connection on the brake booster ( on the brake fluid tank) .. i just had to correct the two connector and thats it.. the brake light in my dash goes off!

almost stock...

Comment

Originally posted by JRJ
                      The inner tails dont have any lights besides the fog light. But I have thought about making it myself..
                      I have already done the 5W lamps in the inner tails and it looks very good, you should do it too. Now I considering if should do brakelights on my inner tails aswell, hence my question.
                      Last edited by lindiz; 06-29-2006, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lindiz
                        I have already done the 5W lamps in the inner tails and it looks very good, you should do it too. Now I considering if should do brakelights on my inner tails aswell, hence my question.
                        Yeah maybe i will. But then I need an extra foglight. There is a foglight in the right inner side I think.

How did you make it?

Comment

Originally posted by JRJ
                          Yeah maybe i will. But then I need an extra foglight. There is a foglight in the right inner side I think.

How did you make it?
                          Yes there's a stock foglight in the inner left taillight on left hand drive edm cars. I ran a couple of wires from the harness for trailer lights (behind the panel in the trunk, near the antenna) and connected them to the inner tails. I had to buy a lamp socket for the right side, it was very easy on the left taillight since there was already a ground wire there for the foglight.

Or you could do it the simple way - just change the lamp in the foglight and run a wires to the other taillight. I didin't do that because I don't want to switch on the foglight all the time, but thats up to you. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Akira_kj

could just be a disfunctional brakelamp failure indicator sensor....(not sure what its actualy called or where its at or how to fix it)

Good Luck
                            I had the same problem and I swapped the sensor of my friends car
                            then the problem was solved immediately.

my member's ride thread

Comment

Working...
                            X