Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Main Relay Vs Fuel Pump-but mine starts then stalls *only on hot/humid days*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main Relay Vs Fuel Pump-but mine starts then stalls *only on hot/humid days*

I have searched and read a lot of threads of the car not starting is the main relay...Well my car starts regularly, no problems all through winter, but when summer hits, on the really nice days only at 80+degrees out, the car will start, then stall out like its not getting juice.

Someone told me it could be the fuel pump overheating with the weather. I read on here a lot say it could be the main relay.

If I crank it and it stalls out, I was told to try turning the key to on/off position few times to prime the fuel pump. Usually if you wait a few minutes, sometimes more it will start up fine...

Just looking what road to explore to fix this issue! I've read a lot of posts about it, but most of the peoples cars wouldnt even start...I can get mine to start, and only have this issue in the extremely hot/humid days.

Thanks!
    -Ryan

I have the exact same problem, it happens to me like once a month during the summer. It would start up and and run for like 2 seconds then stalls. I have to cranked it around 3-5 times to get it started again. I replaced the fuel filter and a mechanic checked the fuel rail and said that the engine is gettin gas, so i m in the same boat as you are.
    1991 Cb7 Coupe 5 Speed--SOLD
    2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V-- SOLD
    1994 Acura Legend GS
    Car Pics

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=49045
      read both posts, i had the same problem. I was so blown about the whole thing. So watch out for everything.
      1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled
      2)92 Accord Ex - I/E and loving the sound.
      3)89 Integra Lx - loving the new old-school.

ITS NOT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE, ITS HOW MUCH POWER YOUR HORSES CAN MAKE
      Now serving the Red, White and Blue under the U.S.A.F
      Now Working at.......Dyess AFB

Comment

Originally posted by DaBzzMn
        read both posts, i had the same problem. I was so blown about the whole thing. So watch out for everything.
        So I read on yours one you said it was the wrong gas 89 not 93...my cars completely stock, and requires 89, and I put in octane/cleaners every so often...so doubtful its that....then you said it was the o2/exhaust setup and worked fine?

Thing that gets me is it only happens in the summer on extremely hot days...otherwise it wont do it...and if I crank it and wait a bit it usually starts easily, but sometimes i have to wait longer....!

Its just a hassle and embarassing when go someplace and have to crank/stop/crank/stop, wait/crank/stop/crank/starts...shuts itsself off with a put put put! haha Once the car is running its fine! It doesnt stall out after that until the cars shutoff.

Comment

Sounds like the main relay to me.

Comment

x2 it does sounds like the main realy, especially if the problem surface when it's hot outside.

Comment

-shrug- Just replace them and see what happens. That's what I liked about my CB7, parts were dirt cheap. When something weird happened, I'd throw new parts at it until it worked again. I figured the parts that were not the problem weren't a waste of money, it just means I have that many more fresh new parts on the car

Comment

It really sounds like the Main relay.

I had the exact same problem last summer. I didn´t buy a new relay. I just resoldered it. It took about 30 min. And I have never had any starting problems since that day....

First : Find and take out the relay.

Then take a look at the print. And locate the soldering points.

Now you are ready for resoldering :

This is how it should look like when you´re done.. Don´t burn the solderings....

Just put it back in and your car will start....

JRJ
                Do not underestimate the power af a CB7!!

Comment

happened to me on summer too especially in Australia. i re-located the relay not attachd to any metal of the chassis. if still occured, geta new one or re-solder the old one

Comment

Originally posted by Strahan
                    -shrug- Just replace them and see what happens. That's what I liked about my CB7, parts were dirt cheap. When something weird happened, I'd throw new parts at it until it worked again. I figured the parts that were not the problem weren't a waste of money, it just means I have that many more fresh new parts on the car
                    Good way to look at it.

Comment

main relay for sure. It's super easy to re-solder yourself.

Comment

It is the main relay, Went thru the same issue. its under your dash drivers side between the door and the steering colum. What happens is over time eventually the heat makes the solder contacks come loose. You can either replace it or resoder. Which is what i did.

Comment

i have the same problem. and i used the same techniques. i used to pour cold water on the little silver computer by the suspention cone, and it would start up. now that dosent even help.
                          miss my turbo cb7
                          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

same problem here lol
                            i lent my mom my car since i didnt go to school today
                            she calls me saying the car wont start LOL
                            shes all worried
                            wooooooooooot
                            cccheaaaa
                            Accord Nation

92 accord sold, 91 accord ex-r still alive
                            240sx for that dorifto action comming soon

Comment

Originally posted by DaBzzMn
                              SWEAR
                              i have a hole in my exhaust lol could it be that?
                              cccheaaaa
                              Accord Nation

92 accord sold, 91 accord ex-r still alive
                              240sx for that dorifto action comming soon

Comment

Working...
                              X