Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

glove box lock and handle gone! (Fixed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glove box lock and handle gone! (Fixed)

I drive a 92 accord ex coupe and my glove box is ruined. lock and handle gone. Im trying to figure how to take it off but I cant.
    Any help? thanks

[IMG][/IMG]

and im trying to post my pics of my car up but new memebers cant?

You tryed to pull it off from the top? where theres a mark...

anyway try to look where the handle goes. Find whats moving, try to use a flathead screw to pull it if its too tight for fingers to get to it.

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
    1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

No...I didnt try to pull it. it was already done
      but anyway ill try it and let you know thanks

Comment

Can you still open it?

If you can get it open, you can remove the latch and lock assembly from the inside. It's held on by a few Philips screws. Then you can replace it with a junkyard latch/lock. The only crappy thing is that your lock core is missing, so your key won't be able to lock it up - unless you find a car at the junkyard with a key.
        My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

you can still get it open. on the side of the bar there is a flapper mabober thingy(i dont know what it is) that you take a flathead and push up on it.it should open.

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
            you can still get it open. on the side of the bar there is a flapper mabober thingy(i dont know what it is) that you take a flathead and push up on it.it should open.
            exactly what i said... nice reading.

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
            1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

I fiixed it! ill post it up in another post

Comment

Glove box with no handel or key slot FIXED!

I started out with this[IMG][/IMG]

Then i took a flat head and pryed into the part you see but not too far[IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]
                then i took the older handel (what was left) out. To get out use the flat head to push the Thing that connects to the hook that closes the glove box down. Then unscrew the screws that holds the handle in place.

I took my new handle (from junk yard with key $5) and screwed in place. then shut it
                [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Since i had pried the glove box cover open it hung out a little so I used Loctite to fix that
                [IMG][/IMG]

Thats it!

Comment

That dash has seen better days

But good job on the new handle

Comment

Good job fixing the handle but next time be more carefull with the dash.

Comment

looks like someone broke in to it judging by your dash and broken handle.
                      Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                      93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

I wish I had seen this earlier. I had the same problem.

I put some heavy padding on the dash and then created a shimmy and then instead of prying the glove box apart.....I just unhooked the latch that holds it close...

Comment

lol need to head to the junkyard and pull the dash while your at it lol its had much better days but great work fixing it at least... lucky find with the lock and key

Comment

Working...
                          X