No announcement yet.

Corweena : 1996 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update time. Got my hands a complete H22A4 manifold, since my motor did not have one. Took a surprising amount of work to find this one. Everyone seems to convert them to OBD1 and delete a lot of the little things I need for SMOG purposes.

Ditched my pieced together Magnaflow exhaust setup, and picked up a really nice Stromung axleback, and got it welded up with a Prelude midpipe (they have matching 2in piping). I wanted something quieter with this setup, and I'm VERY happy with how it sounds. Plus, it fits much better, and with how the tips sit looks like it belongs there 100%.

Much quieter, more refined sound. Very similar to a Remus I'd say.

Found these locally the other day for $10....AEM Tru Power underdrive pulleys. Spent another $18 on brand new belts. No idea if I'll install, or just sell the complete kit.

Brand new Innovative mounts.

My birthday was a few weeks ago, and I decided to treat myself......got an M2B4 LSD transmission, out of a Type S Prelude
    I live about 15min away from Synchrotech, and had them tear it down, inspect it, and replace ALL the seals, bearings, etc. Its not cheap, but well worth it. Picking it back up Friday.

Speaking of Type S......

Picked up some Type S cams, valve springs, and titanium retainers. Traded them for some parts I had laying around. Even got the original paperwork for them.

The plan is to throw them in since the motor is apart anyways. I know they won't be used to their full potential, but that's ok for right now. Sometime down the road I want to build a block from scratch, and at that point I'll go OBD1 so I can tune the car properly.

That's all for now, I'm in the home stretch of collecting parts. Literally just need a new Koyo aluminum radiator, ARP headstuds, and S2000 clutch master cylinder and FFC spacer. Once I have those, I can begin the process of tearing into the car, go to town cleaning everything, and hopefully not find too much else that needs to be replaced with the swap.

Super excited for the next few months

Comment

Work.

Comment

Got my Koyo radiator yesterday

And I also ended up sending my FGK header, and Thermal R&D muffler to get polished, along with a friend's Mugen F22 header. Needless to say, they came out VERY nice.

Comment

First step to an interior revamp that will soon happen.

CL1 Euro R Recaro seats. Found them on eBay for a great price. Seller was local, paid them a visit, offered cash, and got them even cheaper. Overall great condition with just a few blemishes on the passenger (jdm driver) seat. But for what I paid, not an issue at all. The selling point was how comfortable they are, I fit great, and they have the leg extensions too, which is nice.

Kicking around a few ideas how I want to redo the interior. Will decide soon, and then when it's swap time, the interior will come out too.

Comment

These are the exact seats I am wanting to get. They look very comfy
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Sooooo......its been a few weeks.

day I got the seats in. My room is literally filled with parts lol.

Instead of try and modify the stock rails, I ditched all the OEM stuff and went with Planted Technology bases. Picked up some universal sliders (which will be swapped for Recaro ones at some point), and got everything all bolted up with a little work.

Did a day trip to Bakersfield with the Accord homies, and got to break in the seats. No regrets with my choice. Was perfectly comfortable the whole trip.

And for the first time ever, got some rollers of my car.

Lastly, I lucked out on eBay (again!) and scored this minty FGK header downpipe from a CL1 Euro R. Mainly got it because there is no dents on the secondaries, but also because it has an O2 bung, and flex-pipe already attached. Plus it uses a stadard 3-bolt flange, vs the 2-bolt with a donut gasket which I was missing. Will actually be a breeze to weld up the cat/midpipe between the header and exhaust now.

Just need to get it polished to match the top

Comment

Ah, that downpipe explains why the USDM Prelude downpipes have an interference with the Euro-R oil pan. I have never actually seen a Euro-R downpipe until now.
                http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                  Ah, that downpipe explains why the USDM Prelude downpipes have an interference with the Euro-R oil pan. I have never actually seen a Euro-R downpipe until now.
                  Interesting. I didn't know the oil pan was different. I honestly figured it was like that to clear the subframe or some chassis point on the CL1. Makes sense it was the oil pan, though.

Comment

Motor stuff is finally kicking into high gear.

Pulled the head off the block. A bit yellow as you can see. But rocker arms are still in great condition, and everything else looks good so far. Cylinder sleeves are still great too, no scoring at all, which was my biggest concern buying the motor without pulling it apart. Seems it was well taken care of.

ARP headstuds

Also scored big and picked up a brand new Greddy timing belt, Greddy balancer belt, and Ferrea valve guides for $100.

The head will be sent to Alaniz Racing Heads by the end of the month, and will be getting a full rebuild, utilizing the parts above along with my Type S cams, and Supertech valvetrain.

Competition Valve Job + Valve Guide Install......
                    • Disassemble head
                    • Jet wash remove oil
                    • Remove carbon from ports and chambers
                    • Inspect all parts for wear
                    • Install and size valve guides
                    • Competition Valve Job
                    • Regrind valves if applicable
                    • Lap valves
                    • Resurface head up to .010”
                    • Free Hi Temp valve seals
                    • Reassemble head
                    • ALANIZ Stamp on head surface

Stay tuned!

Comment

I'm way overdue on telling you that your build is awesome! Makes me miss my CD5.
                      1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Been a hot minute since I updated.

When I last posted I had just gotten my Recaros. Not long after that, I finished the rest of my interior.....picked up a dark gray Acura CL carpet, and a full gray CL leather interior. My stock carpet was absolutely disgusting, and my door panels were cracked and worn. Got lucky and found a really clean donor car.

Bought a cheap set of Racing Hart C2s to daily on, as I didn't want to run on the Volks all the time at that point.

Then, last August, I struck gold. I found my dream wheels. Racing Hart Tracer Type Cs. All original, purchased from the original owner who had them on his show Accord back in the day. They had been in storage since 2003. And still have the original tires mounted on them from '98.

At this point, I actually took about 7 months and stepped away from anything car related. It was something I desperately needed, as I was getting worn out collecting parts for the swap. Was a welcome break, being able to not even think of that, and enjoy some other hobbies.

Back to the present, I decided to push myself to get the swapped finished by the end of October for the 10th Annual Chronicles Meet by Stickydiljoe. So I'm rushing to get everything done now lol.

Got the head completely rebuilt by Alaniz Racing Heads. He did an outstanding job.

Last edited by Corweena; 05-04-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

After almost 11 years of ownership, the odds finally worked against me. Had my car stolen from in front of my house last Thursday at 4am. I was however fortunate that the local PD were able to locate the car within a few hours. However, the thief tried to flee from the police in the car, and subsequently ran a stop sign and hit another vehicle.

Damage didn't look to be too bad, but it did end up bending the front frame and radiator support around the headlights. At that point I knew it was going to be totalled. The right headlight was completely destroyed as well, as the projector lens shattered in the housing. My CF hood was toast, as the impact separated the top from the bottom skeleton, and knocked a few chunks off. Also, my SiR bumper lights were toast. Luckily, my Azect grill survived the incident without any damage.

I made quick work of swapping all my aftermarket parts off before insurance came to look at it. Suspension, sway bars, wheels, exhaust. Luckily I had most of the valuable parts of the car anyways in preparation for the swap. I did have to leave the 5 lug on as I didn't have any stock 4 lug to replace it with, and no time to source one.

I count myself super lucky things worked out as they did. They caught the scumbag who stole the car, and he ended up having outstanding felony warrants, so he will be behind bars for a while. For me, I'm just finishing up working with my insurance to get my payout for the car as it was deemed a total loss, as expected.

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. Already have the next car lined up, which I will post shortly.

Comment

Working...
                          X