Wrecked CB9 - Aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrecked CB9 - Aftermath

Guess what happens after I got the thermostat casing fixed while coming home from the repair? I got a JDM F22A thermostat and housing installed and it was working fine. (Thanks Jukesbox/AJ!) (This happened Thursday, October 14th, 2010 around 7:54 PM)

Who:
    Me: 1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon
    77 Year Old Lady: Shit asshole Pontiac Wave Hatch with 5-speed?...

Before:

First off let me say this is not just another Accord to me, this was very special to me. I have been with this car for 14 years since I was a little kid (I'm 18 now) and I have so many special moments with it, first date, first burnout, first race, first driving, a lot of that shit. Not to mention it's taken care of really well for it being a Canadian CB and has 95% NO RUST. I know the car is not worth it to fix and I was estimated around $3000 to $4000 to fix it from a body shop (I could fix it with people I know for less than $1000 if frame is fine or even less) so please if you just going to say it's not worth it don't.

Short Story
    I was going through a 4 way intersection with lights going straight and a car turning left turned left into me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es3YivGaiY <<------Here is some quick videos of the damage and other problems. Note that the car has been sitting outside for over a month.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Iw9vlPJwds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xb0DOrQX90

The vibration/noise is from the unit below the alternator which I think is something to do with the A/C. (Sounds like slight rod knock)
    It has been confirmed and it stopped for a while, the belt started to come apart but it's fine now.

After: :

Honestly guys I don't know what to do and I haven't been able to live my life properly for the past month.
    I'm more sad, can't focus, can't sleep, this vehicle is an extension of my arms, legs, and brains. It would speak to me, not like other cars.
    My dad has a IS 300 Sportcross and I honestly hate it compared to my CB, even though it's RWD and has 2JZ it's quite and feels so slow even though it's quicker.
    This car like all CB's you can feel the thunder of it when you gun-it, the whole body moves and rumbles like a muscle car. Not like the pussy cars now a days.

Conclusion: What can I do now?
    I have no means of transportation and I am forced to take the bus which is usually late or early.
    Leaves me with three choices stated in the poll I will need something to get around soon the bus works but I've already been late for work multiple times and school. And for me to rebuild it really quick will cost me a lot, unless I get the people I know to help me. Imo I think this is what I've always wanted. If the frame isn't bent this can be my project car, 100% project and I can buy a dedicated DD. No more mix and match. When rebuilding the CB myself I would learn a lot and that's what I wanted to do, but I couldn't since I needed it everyday. Now I can, what are your thoughts guys?
    Partout the CB for parts and buy a new one.
    21.74%
    Keep the CB and rebuild it fully.
    41.30%
    Buy a new CB now and rebuild later on. (I am in college working part time as a PC tech)
    32.61%
    Other, explain below.
    4.35%
    Last edited by CB7Nub; 01-14-2011, 12:23 AM.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

I feel ya bro. :/

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

honestly i say rebuild it, it doesnt look that bad believe me ive baught cars that look worse

Comment

If you are serious about fixing the car, you have to get the car to a body shop and have them put it on the frame machine. They can determine how far out of spec the car is and if it will be fixable. If the car is diamonded its toast, unibody cars with diamond frame damage are unrepairable. Such as this:
        ________
        \ \
        \________\

Best of luck sir
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Sucks about the car...

But Jesus Christ, what a sue happy world we live in.
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
            Sucks about the car...

But Jesus Christ, what a sue happy world we live in.
            x2

OP: What's the story on the old woman? Where was she going, what was she thinking about, who takes care of her or is she caring for herself? Did she wreck you out of spite?

The only legitimate case you have is against the government agency in charge of drivers' licenses IF she shouldn't be driving for medical reasons (coherence, vision, etc...)

I'm not saying that is the only case you can legally win with a good lawyer, I'm saying you have no moral right to sue somebody for a pure accident that didn't harm you permanently. Grow up.

Your car was a gem, I understand that, but the woman didn't choose who to turn into that night, you just happened to be there at that time. I don't care if "everybody speeds", if you were driving the speed limit you'd have gone through after she made the turn......so maybe blame yourself!

Have you ever accidentally broken something someone else valued? Would it have been right for them to sue you for 10x the fair market value of what you broke?
            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

@19dabeast85 and foamypirate: Let me put it in another way, how would you like it if someone drove their car into your garage. Causing permanent damage. This is permanent damage, I had the right of way no matter what. Even if I was speeding she would have more fault (determined by police). For example my dad was turning left and creep about 2kph and someone was speeding and hit him and pulled the bumper right off and my dad got the ticket. That's how it works here.

The thing is she slowed down then kept going. And if I was going slower I would of gotten hit right on my door and would be been more injured. You have no idea all the shit that I had to do other than just "dealing with the car". I had to pay over $1600 for towing and storage, there is more damages but I don't want to post them. And it's not like I have a lot of money sitting around, I'm only a part time worker making close to minimum wage.

@Others: yeah I just need a frame guy to look at it. Some people have been saying they might be able to come to the car and estimate it for free. I just don't want to dump money in it and get it fixed then find out it's gonna cost $xxxx for the frame to be fixed.
              Current:

Past:

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Okay. I am sorry to hear about your car. Its a shame to hear about any car getting in an accident. Going through your story I see ALOT of things that I strongly disagree with.

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
                So once I start to see the intersection I noticed a car from the opposite side wanting to turn left. ... So I was going through it not speeding up or slowing down because it seemed fine, because when I looked at her she was stopped a far bit away from my lane so I did not hesitate.
                You noticed the other vehicle and clearly recognized her intentions. First day of drivers ed is about co-operating and sharing the road. Second day is defensive driving and reacting to others driving. Just ignoring her and bombing on past is neither of those. This accident was preventable.

fuck that was lucky.
                You're correct. You were involved in a motor vehicle accident at a fairly high rate of speed and were not hurt. That was lucky.

I got out and looked at the car and fucking freaking like a young mother watching her baby being slowly being killed in front of her... After 2 minutes of going nuts I went back to the intersection.
                Yeah, I love my car too, but you waited two minutes before you went to go check to see if the other person was alright after looking at your car? She could have been seriously injured and your worried about your car? Grow up.

she was sitting there like she was taking a nap in her car
                A nap? Seriously? She was probably in shock.

(NO ONE CAME TO ME, NO ONE)
                Yeah, so theres an injured elderly lady who is still in her car and a young male that is wandering around inspecting his car. I would check if she was okay and ignore you too.

This point if this was Africa or something and this bitch hit me I would of done something so disgustingly mind-blowingly terrible to her I will not even say it.
                I have no idea where to even start with ignorance like this.

"WE ARE NOT GOING TO CHARGE THE LADY BECAUSE SHE IS 87 YEARS OLD YOU KNOW." .... She didn't get charged but it was her fault 100% and I was not at fault at all.
                There is no reason to press charges. The report says that she was deemed fully at fault. What the hell difference will it make if she was charged. You wouldn't have been treated any differently.

suing this bitch for a bunch of stuff and I already have met with lawyer and it's going down ... But in the end I should be making 20 to 25K in my pocket after lawyer fees and shit.
                You must be kidding. It's already been stated above but what the fuck are you going to sue her for? You're sadness over a smashed in front end? Hell, she probably had more pain and suffering than you. Please don't waste my tax dollars chasing after some imaginary profit. This is not america, and you are not suing a major corporation. You are suing an elderly lady who drives a base model economy car.

Secondly, you said making, not being compensated with. You are not injured, you are just trying to make a profit. Your time is NOT worth 25k either. As with your car, I know it has sentimental value, but it is not worth 25k.

about a 20 year old car with over 400 thousand clicks on it)
                Exactly, its just a car. You're lucky to be alive. It could have happened on a highway. You could have had a lifelong injury. I love my car too, but I know deep down, its just metal, fabric, and rubber.

Now for actual car talk that doesn't make me really annoyed.

Anyways finally let me try to conclude, I want to fix it badly but I need to confirm if the frame is bent before anything is decided.
                You got hit on an angle at 60kmph. Even if you replace all of your suspension, steering, and body panels the car will never be aligned properly again. Obviously there are cars taken out of fields that return to show winning quality, but that takes more money than your lotto649 legal case will allow. Now you could spend $4000-$5000 and have a car that isn't safe, or you can just as easily go on auto trader and pick up one of the 18 cb7s on there. You can also pick up a miata, s13, e36 for that much. Something rwd and manual.

You're probably going to be all pissed off right now. Oh well, that was someones grandmother you were talking about. Its unfortunate what happened, but your not getting any sympathy after that Africa comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobermann View Post
                  You noticed the other vehicle and clearly recognized her intentions. First day of drivers ed is about co-operating and sharing the road. Second day is defensive driving and reacting to others driving. Just ignoring her and bombing on past is neither of those. This accident was preventable.
                  You left out the part where she slowed down. I saw someone wanting to turn left but it looked like they stopped, so I proceed like every other time this happens. Everyone usually stops when the saw someone coming and it looked like she did. That's why I kept going.

You're correct. You were involved in a motor vehicle accident at a fairly high rate of speed and were not hurt. That was lucky.
                  Gladly yes it is, she was not majorly injured either.

Yeah, I love my car too, but you waited two minutes before you went to go check to see if the other person was alright after looking at your car? She could have been seriously injured and your worried about your car? Grow up.
                  I didn't have a clock and time it but it felt like a minute or two. Someone hit me when I was going straight and had the right of way no matter what. I know I sound terrible but that's how the law works, the left hand turn driver is usually always at fault. So I did not worry that much about the other person. I still ran up to them and asked checked on them, it's not like I didn't care 100%.

A nap? Seriously? She was probably in shock.
                  Yes she was relaxing with her hands over her stomach and laying back in the seat, looks like she was taking a nap.

Yeah, so theres an injured elderly lady who is still in her car and a young male that is wandering around inspecting his car. I would check if she was okay and ignore you too.
                  Yes I understand where you are coming from and to most people it makes sense even me. But still I felt like a ghost.

I have no idea where to even start with ignorance like this.
                  I was so mad with someone turning into me, the point of saying Africa was used as a example if there was less of a government versus Canada I could get away with doing something bad versus here everything I do and say would be used against me as there were lots of other people. I have NOTHING against Africa if that's what your thinking...

There is no reason to press charges. The report says that she was deemed fully at fault. What the hell difference will it make if she was charged. You wouldn't have been treated any differently.
                  Your right I would of been treated any differently. But think of it in this way, if I was turning left and the older lady was going straight do you think the cops would of let me go with out giving me a ticket? You should know how cops treat young guys here with Honda's, not all cops are bad I know good cops and a lot of my neighbors are cops. The point is if you do some research about this a lot of older people who get into accidents hardly ever get charged and they start driving again without any re-test, or someone of authority telling them what they have done. Especially in the USA.

You must be kidding. It's already been stated above but what the fuck are you going to sue her for? You're sadness over a smashed in front end? Hell, she probably had more pain and suffering than you. Please don't waste my tax dollars chasing after some imaginary profit. This is not america, and you are not suing a major corporation. You are suing an elderly lady who drives a base model economy car.
                  I did NOT make up the figures for how much I would end up with at the end of the day, the firm that I am with told me that. I also checked with one another firm and told me the similar thing. There is quite a bunch of things I am suing for, well the firm. I don't remember the exact terms they told me but I believe it was economic loss, pain and suffering, extra costs due to the accident and time wasted. I had to go to physiotherapy for neck and back pains, nothing severe but it still affects me today. Which did not feel at the time of the accident probably due to all the suspense.

Secondly, you said making, not being compensated with. You are not injured, you are just trying to make a profit. Your time is NOT worth 25k either. As with your car, I know it has sentimental value, but it is not worth 25k.
                  Yes of course the car is not worth 25K and I totally agree, even when new it was not worth anything near that. But there are other factors involved here. The figures as I said were made but the firms not me. The money will be coming out of her insurance company and her NOT you.

Exactly, its just a car. You're lucky to be alive. It could have happened on a highway. You could have had a lifelong injury. I love my car too, but I know deep down, its just metal, fabric, and rubber.
                  Of course yeah it's just a car and I know we all love our cars here. And I am very grateful that there were no major injuries to both parties.

You got hit on an angle at 60kmph. Even if you replace all of your suspension, steering, and body panels the car will never be aligned properly again. Obviously there are cars taken out of fields that return to show winning quality, but that takes more money than your lotto649 legal case will allow. Now you could spend $4000-$5000 and have a car that isn't safe, or you can just as easily go on auto trader and pick up one of the 18 cb7s on there. You can also pick up a miata, s13, e36 for that much. Something rwd and manual.
                  Yes I know I can pick up another car for really cheap and I plan on buying one anyways. But did I have to buy another car if this did not happen? There is a lot of "what if's" we could both say for both ways. Your probably right on it never being straight, some people say it's fine and some people say it's not. I need to find a body shop to find out the exact problem with the frame if there is any.

You're probably going to be all pissed off right now. Oh well, that was someones grandmother you were talking about. Its unfortunate what happened, but your not getting any sympathy after that Africa comment.
                  Actually no I'm not. As long as we talk like regular humans and don't bitch at each other I'm fine man. You had some points that you wanted to express in a well layed out manner and I replied in the same way I believe.
                  Current:

Past:

Comment

Here is the full damage report and pictures that I know of so far.
                    I still have more pictures I can upload later.

Exterior and Suspension
                    - Front bumper
                    - Fender
                    - Driver side corner light
                    - Driver side upper control arm
                    - Driver side upper ball joint
                    - Possible driver side lower control arm
                    - Possible driver side lower ball joint
                    - Possible driver side CV joint
                    - Possible driver side tie rod
                    - Hood damage including latch, probably fixable
                    - Door damage fixable but may not be worth it
                    - Right side tires front and back are flat due to going off road
                    - CD5 lip is destroyed
                    - Driver side corner light bulb is completely gone
                    - Driver side turn signal is gone
                    - Driver side door latch is probably gone and door does not close 100%
                    - Possible frame damage

Engine Compartment
                    - Pulley under the alternator is knocking, sounds like rod knock I think it has something to do with power steering
                    - Windshield washer fluid reservoir is cracked and must be replaced
                    - Silver can bent severely near where you insert windshield washer fluid, seems to be something with AC maybe

Current:

Past:

Comment

Guess this means you wont be needing those fogs, huh?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Haha, well my friend has a parts Accord with a 9293 bumper and I am still thinking of getting it. But I need to find out if the frame is bent, I tried to measure it but there is no fucking way I can measure it accurately so I will be needing someone professional to take a look at it. Also the bumper is a gold bumper, so I would have to paint it mehh.

That's why I was inquiring about your fogs.
                        Current:

Past:

Comment

id say the frames bent.
                          COUPE K24

Comment

at least your ok

wagon does not look bad at all, its definitely fixable. if i were local i would fix it for you myself. parts are super cheap at a pick & pull

i say get the parts at a jy, call a buddy and put it together in a weekend, dont give up

Comment

If the frame is bent enough to be touching the engine, as in what may be making the noise with the crank pulley/alternator, junk it. The frame is way too far out of spec
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                              X