CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 09-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #21
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
No wheel gap is a tough one for the CB chassis. It kinda stinks.

I never had any issues ever on the cars side. The piss poor roads here and such? Yes. But it was never the cars fault and I never once had a control arm slap or a CV shaft issue.

I think this was due to the R&D on Neuspeed's part. They made it as low as they could without issues. But, that's not low enough for some. Personally I can understand people wanting to go until there is no wheel gap. It looks good.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #22
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

wildBill83 seems to have made some friends!
I have a decent drop running koni yellow with H&R race springs on the second perch. I have maybe 1.5 finger wheel gap. I never experience banging or suspension noise. Ingals camber kit up front, body shims and longer bolts out back for camber correction. My tires are 205-55-R16 so we should be in around the same ball park Raf99, other than your offset and wheel width are different than mine.

I also have energy suspension poly bushings, I think Raf99 does too...

Last edited by wildBill83; 09-11-2014 at 02:39 PM.
wildBill83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #23
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by H311RA151N View Post

I never had any issues ever on the cars side. The piss poor roads here and such? Yes. But it was never the cars fault and I never once had a control arm slap or a CV shaft issue.

I think this was due to the R&D on Neuspeed's part. They made it as low as they could without issues. But, that's not low enough for some. Personally I can understand people wanting to go until there is no wheel gap. It looks good.
Yep. I would be ok with any of these looks...

But while I have the same tire size with a top of the line suspension setup I have this, with rubbing, problems & issues.

So I give credit to those who are lower. I guess they have really nice roads or their rides are scraping, bumping, junking, and clunking.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #24
sepulveda87
CB7tuner Member

sepulveda87 is cool... so far.
what i currently have done to my cb is bought the skunk 2 ef camber arms, that prevents me hitting the inner wheel well. YES i have alot of negative camber but i also married the ingalls anchor camber kit to the skunk 2 arms and im sitting on 16x8 +15 offset wheels, total negative camber is 2. I myself thought about making a .125-.25 spacer for each motor mount to have a lil more clearance. i have 2 1/2 exhaust pipping. yes i do scrap especially in the streets of houston. i have seen a couple of houstonians that have low cb's make a skid plate, doesnt look good imo but there are diff solutions just got to find out what works best for you
sepulveda87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #25
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
I'm happy where I am at, a bit less than one finger. Rear UCA banging? I've never heard that one but I guess it's possible. External bumpstops may alleviate the sound of the banging.

YouTube Clicky!!
sonikaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #26
tomkurtziv
Newcomer

tomkurtziv is cool... so far.
Quote:
Hell, that's not too low! Not much lower than I was. Most people don't call that slammed btw.

I was expecting this:

On to help you instead of criticize you. You should not have any issues with CV shafts due to their angle. It might need new CV shafts as the current ones might just be old and worn. A camber kit in the front will also give the CV shafts more natural geometry. You could benefit from some stiffer struts though such has Koni yellows. Being that low with soft struts you will bottom out a lot on bumps and such. That will also help out drastically with the front upper control arms hitting the wheel wells.

To be clear which are you using? You said "full body" but I just want to be sure on what you meant.

These? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGAN-RACING...14f58f&vxp=mtr

Or These? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Megan-Adjust...5adf95&vxp=mtr

If you are using the EZ coilovers you are likely experiencing them being to soft. For the $700 you could have had Koni yellows and almost had Ground Control adjustable coilover springs which you would have fell in love with. Plus get a very performance oriented suspension set up and the look you want without a lot of the things you don't like.
The ez street series has dampening control I'm riding on 5 clicks which by megan is supposed to be used for "aggressive riding" and for the track.
I would like to upgrade the suspension to something better honestly.
I'm almost positive that it's bottoming out. Cause it's at its lowest adjustments it could possibly be at. I'm going to raise it a little bit so I don't completely ruin the coils before I can get a new set. Thanks for the info on the cvs.
I've been bullshitin on an alignment cause I want to get my suspension half way decent in my eyes so I don't tweak it and have to spend the money all over again for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepulveda87 View Post
what i currently have done to my cb is bought the skunk 2 ef camber arms, that prevents me hitting the inner wheel well. YES i have alot of negative camber but i also married the ingalls anchor camber kit to the skunk 2 arms and im sitting on 16x8 +15 offset wheels, total negative camber is 2. I myself thought about making a .125-.25 spacer for each motor mount to have a lil more clearance. i have 2 1/2 exhaust pipping. yes i do scrap especially in the streets of houston. i have seen a couple of houstonians that have low cb's make a skid plate, doesnt look good imo but there are diff solutions just got to find out what works best for you
I have 2 and a half piping as well. I hit a hard bump at night that I didn't see on the highway and it broke the welds on bracket from the header to the back of the block
So now it hangs extra low. I fixed the leak that it made but I havnt gotten around to fixing the bracket.
I also have the ingalls camber kit so I'm hoping when I put them on my tire won't rub as much over bumps.

Quote:

I have absolutely no wheel gap in the front and I'm trying to keep it that way.
I didn't have a problem with the arms slapping until it was tucking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildBill83 View Post
I'm diggin the license plate...
Thanks man. I was surprised noone had it here in Va

Last edited by Jarrett; 09-15-2014 at 12:13 PM.
tomkurtziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:12 PM   #27
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
In the lower right-hand section of each post of yours is an option to edit your previous post. If you're the most recent previous poster, then just edit your previous post with your new information.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #28
tomkurtziv
Newcomer

tomkurtziv is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
In the lower right-hand section of each post of yours is an option to edit your previous post. If you're the most recent previous poster, then just edit your previous post with your new information.
Thank you. I will make sure to keep up with that.
tomkurtziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #29
chompedSD
Newcomer

chompedSD is cool... so far.

Honestly it's not too hard. But then again I cut open my shock towers...

Adjustable anchors for camber in the front
Function Form Type 1
800lb 8" Eibach springs in front w/ 1 lock collar only
Rear with original spring and 2 lock collars.

Drives great...
chompedSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #30
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
^^^ That color ... is beautiful.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:22 PM   #31
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
800lbs in front and stock in the rear?

Sounds like it would be comfortable, but still pretty stiff. What size wheels and tires do you have?

YouTube Clicky!!
sonikaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:34 PM   #32
chompedSD
Newcomer

800 in the front and 372 in the rear or whatever the original spring is in the rear for those coilovers. 17x9.5 are my specs 205/40
Old 09-23-2014, 10:44 PM   #33
illinois_erik
CB7tuner Member

illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful
Old 09-23-2014, 10:47 PM   #34
lucifer1
CB7tuner Member

lucifer1 seems to have made some friends! lucifer1 seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chompedSD View Post

Honestly it's not too hard. But then again I cut open my shock towers...

Adjustable anchors for camber in the front
Function Form Type 1
800lb 8" Eibach springs in front w/ 1 lock collar only
Rear with original spring and 2 lock collars.

Drives great...
How can it drive great, you have no front suspension travel.
lucifer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:05 PM   #35
johnl
CB7tuner Member

johnl seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chompedSD View Post
800 in the front and 372 in the rear or whatever the original spring is in the rear for those coilovers.
Sounds like a recipe for understeer to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1 View Post
How can it drive great, you have no front suspension travel.
'Great' is a usefully vague word. It's probably great until there is a bump, or great until there is a corner. The car however is very pretty, but obviously not for serious use...

Last edited by Jarrett; 09-26-2014 at 07:00 PM.
johnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #36
chompedSD
Newcomer

I have full suspension travel. It hits the bumpstop before anything. I have the shock towers opened up.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #37
lucifer1
CB7tuner Member

lucifer1 seems to have made some friends! lucifer1 seems to have made some friends!
Full travel for you = about .5"

You would have to cut the whole tower out to the base of the uca just to get .5" of clearance. A small hole does nothing.

To have any real amount of travel at your front height, the upper arm would go through the hood.
lucifer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bottoming , clearance , motor mount , problems , slammed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: