CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 11-01-2019, 08:39 PM   #2581
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
Excellent. Consistency is key!

YouTube Clicky!!
sonikaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:38 AM   #2582
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
So took her for a drive and even under heavy load it holds at 190. So going to keep this setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSCB15 View Post
You must've boughten like 10 sets of these now lol
Ya, i got a box of 16AN parts and hoses now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp[mike] View Post
man that looks really great. you took your time but dang it turned out nice! I like that the plumbing is out of the way so you can see the smoothed bay.

looks like you figured out a good option for that upper radiator hose, too. everything fits nicely and looks so fresh!

youll want a turbo blanket once eventually the housing starts getting surface rusty...
Already planning on buying a turbo blanket from Mishimoto. It's actually in the cart already :P But going to wait... things to fix first. And someone else mentioned how the rad those takes it away from the heat / exhaust, which is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Success View Post
Just letting you know I'm still peeking my head to follo what's going on. Keep up the inspiration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikaccord View Post
Excellent. Consistency is key!
Thanks folks! Finishing the bay actually made me want to fix other parts of the car that are ...... "showing it's age". example: those dam rust spots on the pillars of the back side windows/doors.

Discovered this yesterday......... haha. The shroud in the light came off on one side. So glue came unstuck... (I don't even remember how i secured these in there). Shitty part is the light will have to come out and be taken apart to fix this. And to take the light out the bumper has to come off. And that means the intercooler taken apart...... haha. Oh my.... I can see her just staying apart for the whole winter now.

Bonus Pic :P
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:23 AM   #2583
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
Very nicely done. On the bay and pumpkins. What did you use for your lower radiator hose? I am thinking of converting that to steel braided. But then I might have to get a new radiator that has the 16an on it. Or go get it welded on.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:38 PM   #2584
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpys93 View Post
Very nicely done. On the bay and pumpkins. What did you use for your lower radiator hose? I am thinking of converting that to steel braided. But then I might have to get a new radiator that has the 16an on it. Or go get it welded on.
Ya Grumpy. These 16AN fittings and hose are the real deal. Welded a 16AN bung on to the lower and upper rad (cut the old ones off), and on to the thermostat and block fitting. Only way to do it is to have a shop weld the ends on to these items. Real hose with real ends... measure 3 times and cut once. As you see with the upper hose, that was try #5 i think. A lot of money on a useless mod, but looks is what i was after. PS - don't try the braided hose that pulls over your current hose, they suck.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:31 PM   #2585
Raf99
Gold Member

Yaaaa. fixin' er.......

Oooof

Time to take apart. I use the heat gun. & it's never fun.

Fini...
Old 11-04-2019, 08:34 PM   #2586
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
Is that the Gatling gun shroud? I keep going back and forth on if I want to open mine back up and black house the reflectors or not. Looks good.
I don’t think I’ll convert the upper hose, but I do like the lower hose and I would do it the real deal like you did. I just hate opening up the coolant system. It’s always a mess and I hate the smell of coolant, almost as much as I hate the smell of power steering fluid.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:01 AM   #2587
Raf99
Gold Member

Quote:
Is that the Gatling gun shroud? I keep going back and forth on if I want to open mine back up and black house the reflectors or not. Looks good.
I donít think Iíll convert the upper hose, but I do like the lower hose and I would do it the real deal like you did. I just hate opening up the coolant system. Itís always a mess and I hate the smell of coolant, almost as much as I hate the smell of power steering fluid.
It is the gatling gun mini's. I tried the 2" ones and they are simply too large, too much cutting involved to make them fit. And if you are going to do the lower hose you may as well do the upper :P But if you do, go with the black ends like most modern folk are doing
Old 11-05-2019, 09:20 PM   #2588
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
I just hate opening up the coolant system. It’s always a mess and I hate the smell of coolant
Haha, same. I've dealt with radiators enough times it's gotten to the point where I dread that smell more than just about any other in the world.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: