Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What bulbs are used in the low beams, and high beams in these "ebay prejector headlights"? Are bulbs for both high and low available in the Sylvania Silverstar or CoolBlue line? Maybe these bulbs in there would help light output. Let me know if anybody has these bulbs in their projectors. Thanks.

Racecar spelled backwards is racecaR

My Ride

Comment

I haven't tried any of the Silverstars, but I've never really liked the CoolBlue line of bulbs. Both brands are available for the low beams, at least, don't know about for the highs. I know Silverstars a bit more expensive than the CoolBlue's, but IMO, you should just go for the hyperwhite's like I have, they are better than the CoolBlue's at least.

Comment

Does anybody know that if I completely pull out the "middle" turn signal bulb(the one that is between the low and high beams), will the turn signals still function normally or will they "fast blink" thinking that a bulb is burned out? I am asuming that this bulb is an aditional turn signal bulb, or is it a parking light? The reason I am asking, is I don't yet have my projectors, have ordered them and will be here in a few days, and once they come, my car will be going into the shop to be repaired from the front damage. I want to know this before I go to the shop because I will just pull the bulbs out before they install them, as it appears that they will be hard to get at once the lenses are installed. The reason I don't want these bulbs in there, is because they produce a yellowy-ish light as compared to the superwhite bulbs that I have for the lows already, and I think that having this extra bulb in there would look to busy at night. Or, does anyone know if an 1156 LED bulb(white color) would fit in there, as I havn't been able to find a superwhite bulb that matches up with what's in there already.

Let me know asap. Thanks.

D
        Last edited by tommyhonda92; 06-30-2005, 08:24 PM.

Racecar spelled backwards is racecaR

My Ride

Comment

The center lights aren't turn signals, they're parking lights or whatever, they come on with the first click on the light switch. My projections came on my car, and the bulbs that were in the centers weren't standard-colored bulbs, they looked kinda like superblues, but the color on the bulbs was silverish. They were both burned out, though, so I never saw what they looked like turned on, and all I could find to replace them were standard clear bulbs, don't remember what number they are though.

Comment

Just like to put my money's worth in fellas.
            I put some JDM 1 Piece Projectors (From F1 Sports) in my 4GEN and replaced the standard Low Beam Globes with Narva 60/55W "Plus 50's" and Narva 100W High Beam Globes. The headlight aim was way out when I installed them, so I re-Aimed them correctly and they perform as well as the OEM Head Lights. Don't know if our globes in Australia are different to the US versions but I am happy with my Projectors, but then again I haven't experienced the "BMW X5" change over yet. By the sounds of it you fellas over in "The United States of George Bush" have had a lot more experience with these lights.
            BTW: 10 Hours to install the Projector Lights with help???
            I had mine swapped, re-wired & aimed in under 2 hours by myself. That included drilling a dozen holes in the Intake Air Box behind the Front bumper for my CAI Mod.

Comment

Did anyone switch the H1 with the H3 to get a better light output? Is that possible? Oh yeah the yellow H1 high beam bulb looks tight at night riding with them and the projectors on!!
              My CB For Sale

Comment

I got one piece projectors and i think the light output is awesome. Check the sig.

Comment

I've got a pair of the black Ebay projectors and I've been satisfied with them so far, It took a slight bit of shaving on the mounting brackes to get them to aim perfectly straight, and I just cut and spiced 9005 for low beems in the projector casing and put 9006 in the brights works great and bright as fuck So in the end I"m happy cause I got all my bulbs for free and the headlights for 135 shipped off ebay works for me

Comment

I have them and the lighting sucks but the look great on the car, what kind of bulbs should I get I saw the post about bmw lights. I just need better lighting..

93 Accord H22.. 10th anniv.edition-wrecked R.i.P

99 EM1 Boosted type R- Jacked and never found

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
                      Yes, actually the best "HID" projectors are S2000 projectors, the audi ones are about second best, S2000 has a extremely nice cutoff and amazing for DOT pattern.
                      what are these HID is it the light bulb itself or the hole thing, and how do you retrofit this too yoru cars? any DIY i should know about ? thanks
                      92 CB7 *Sold $3300 102K Miles 4 door LX

94 Del Sol *Baught $3300 80K Miles on chasis
                      and 60K miles on b18b1 motor swap

Comment

HID is high intensity discharge lighting
                        essentially-xenon
                        this is retrofitted to our cars by installing either an aftermarket xenon kit, such as can be found at www.xenondepot.com, or by finding xenon projectors online, such as ebay, or at a junkyard around where yo ulive if you are that lucky.
                        it isn't a drop in affair, it takes custom work, which means cutting up what you have, although, if the price is right, and you can do the work, by all means, go for it!
                        here are some good threads to look at:
                        TSX projectors into JDM headlights

if you want, install a kit, it is easier, but more expensive than if you look around...
                        guy who installed a kit he bought

someone looking to buy a kit from xenon depot
                        hope this helps..

Comment

i have the black ebay projectors and i think they look fine on my car
                          http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...7/c00926df.jpg
                          www.tintmasters.net <------- Local Import Shop Go Check Em Out
                          http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=27CCDA2B-7E09-495F-BE7D-31A4D70511D5

Comment

cheap e-bay fix?

Allllright....I am a total newb on this site and I read this whole thread and I just have no idea if there was a solution to the cheap e-bay projector adjustment problem, I dont want to connect the low-beams to my high beams and use those all the time...is there any way that the lens can be tilted upwards without moving the whole light assembly? or do the HID bulbs make a big difference or enough of a difference that the lens doesnt need to be moved up? I am confused and no one really seemed to give a solid explination...if they cant be adjusted and that was stated earlier then I am sorry for wasting time and space.

Comment

There are little screws on the back of the headlights. Take a small phillips head screw driver and start turning to see which way it moves. The low and high beams have seperate adjusting screws but just dont remember how many each have. Its pretty easy to do once you find the little screws
                              1991 Black Accord Coupe
                              Sprint Lowering Springs
                              Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
                              Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
                              17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
                              TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

Comment

you know, im going to be the first to get some jdm projectors and put them on upside down and backwards, so that the beam hits the right spot.
                                er, maybe not.
                                2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                                2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Working...
                                X