Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22A1 improvements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A1 improvements?

Ok i have a 92 lx 2 door 5 speed accord which i believe has the f22A1 engine in it. what kind of improvements can i do to the car that will improve its torque and overall speed that are simple and relatively cheap. I have already done a cold air intake and "racing" exhaust. Oh and the car tops out at around 115mph while its still in 4th gear so i know it can go faster i just have no idea how to remove the govenor/limiter. Any info would be great

Read the STICKY at the top of this section titled:
    How to make 30+hp for $500 or less... (DX/LX F22A1 only)

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i still want to know how to remove the governor/limiter tho

Comment

Originally posted by Diesbourg View Post
        i still want to know how to remove the governor/limiter tho
        The P12 ECU comes from the 92-96 Prelude with the F22a, and will gain you about 10 extra hp on top of removing the governor.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

that sounds good, i also have a a6 ecu from my old accord how would that do?

Comment

Do you really want to take a 20 year old car faster than 114mph? Really?

Comment

I would, Just for bragging rights

Originally posted by visualpoet
              some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

Be sure to tell someone what you want to brag about, so it can be carved in stone.

Comment

If you're going that fast I hope your tires are rated for it...which I almost guarentee you they're not lol.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                  I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Get a bisimoto, web performance, or delta camshaft...

Comment

yup i wanna max it out. as far as the tires there prob not speed rated for that fast.
                      where i live there are a lot of open straight roads and i can get up to 115 easily enough i just wanna see how fast itll go

Comment

Originally posted by Diesbourg View Post
                        where i live there are a lot of open straight roads and i can get up to 115 easily enough i just wanna see how fast itll go
                        If you must be immature, please be sure not to kill anyone but yourself.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Nothing like getting rolled up at high speeds in an attempt to be cool.
                          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

im afraid to go 100 in mine

Comment

It's not about how fast you can go... it's about how fast you can get there.
                              I wouldn't give a shit if my accord went 200mph if it took me half an hour to get to that speed it worthless. now if i can get to 115mph in 10 or 11 seconds. Then I happy.
                              Click to see ride.↓↓

Comment

Working...
                              X