Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Electric power washer for car wash!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A store near me has a rebuilt Black and Decker electric power washer on sale for $55. It comes with a wash wand and a wand with a bottle for soap attached to it. It has 1300 psi of water pressure and 1.6 GPM Water Flow.

Is this type of unit good for washing a car? Can the water pressure damage the paint? I assume this would be less than a self-service car wash put out.
    Looking for your help please!

It wont damage your paint, but if you have peeling paint and hit it it will take it.

Its not the best for washing your car, I mean the a regular hose and soap works just fine.

Its great for the motor though and the other yucky areas.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Yea! It would be good for car wash, don’t fear that about the paint. You just need to take care of cautions while washing your car with pressure washer:

1. Always keep the nozzle at least 6 inches away from the paint. Don't be tempted to get closer to remove a little spot. If you spray directly into an existing chip and you're too close, it can actually chip the paint. 1400psi is not likely going to cause any problem, though.

2. Never use a straight stream (if the pressure washer supports it). Same reason as above, Keep the stream in a "fan" of about 30 degrees.

3. Don't towel dry after washing with only a pressure washer. Even if you use soap, some dirt will remain and you'll end up with dirty towels and swirl marks.

You may check out www.best-pressure-washer-reviews.com/pressure-washer-characteristics.html, It has excellent reviews about the best pressure washers selected on their characteristics.
      Last edited by Amberden; 05-24-2011, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amberden View Post

2. Never use a straight stream (if the pressure washer supports it). Same reason as above, Keep the stream in a "fan" of about 30 degrees.
        I want to add to this. I was using a straight stream to wash my house. The end of the wand was a good 10 feet away and I was inadvertently blowing the paint right off my house! I should've known, a few minutes before that I hit the driveway with it and the etch it made is still there (2 years later).

Moral? Use different tips for what you want to do. NEVER spray yourself directly with any of the tips.
        Also, I have a Honda gas power washer that's as old as me.
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

a pressure washer just isn't safe to use on a car. especially one rated at 1300 psi. i've seen people blow off paint, pin stripes and rubber moldings. a regular garden hose works just fine. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Im not tryng to be a dick n all but what does this have to do with audio lol and 55 is a good deal most run for allot more!

Comment

Working...
            X