Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have any questions regarding the rules, or if you are unsure. Please ask here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    Where are you trying to start a new thread?
    I tried making a new thread in "Beginner Appearance" with a question about the interior's of sedan and coupe trunks. When selecting the "new thread" button, I get the following message on the next page:

"khal.lawson, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Should I move this to a pm conversation? I don't want to clutter this thread.

KL

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
    - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

There's your answer, you're not a noob anymore, you can't post there. Use the big boy forums from now on.
      Originally posted by Mishakol129
      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
        There's your answer, you're not a noob anymore, you can't post there. Use the big boy forums from now on.
        Got it. Case closed, thanks good sir. Thanks Deev.

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
        - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

Distributor delemma

Just want some opinions about replacing my distributor with a rebuilt one. I thought I had a leak from my distributor so I bought a rebuilt one. Cleaned up the site and placed a white piece of card board under distributor and drove around for a few days. No leak so I do not think I need a new distributor. My question is should I go a head and replace it anyway since the car has 170,000 miles on it and it is original, and I have the rebuilt one in hand. I read some where that after a couple 100,000 miles the original distributors crap out, so should I go a head and replace it now? 1991 Honda Accord LX Automatic 170,000 miles original owner.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
            THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CAR!

Comment

Question for Deevergoat

Forgive me if this in not the right place to ask you a question. I'm still learning to navigate around your site. Which is a great site by the way.
              Recently, my 92 ex coupe, blew a rod and the engine is toast. The front of the block looks like someone took a 357 magnum to it. I've done a lot of aftermarket upgrades to my car: suspension, intake, exhaust, headlights, wheels, carbon fiber hood, brakes, and sound system. The front end is a bit tweaked which makes the carbon fiber hood not sit properly.
              I don't know if I should buy a low mile engine to replace the old (I've heard the Japanese import engines with 60K are not the way to go) one or buy a new CB7 with a manual transmission that's straight with less miles (that could take forever). Or, find a straight CB7 with less miles and put all my performance parts on it. Thing is, most used 90-93 Accords have 280,000 plus miles on them. I'm tired of leaking oil on my car port.
              I realize this is a subjective question but any input would be much appreciated

Comment

Question for Deevergoat

Forgive me if this in not the right place to ask you a question. I'm still learning to navigate around your site. Which is a great site by the way.
                Recently, my 92 ex coupe, blew a rod and the engine is toast. The front of the block looks like someone took a 357 magnum to it. I've done a lot of aftermarket upgrades to my car: suspension, intake, exhaust, headlights, wheels, carbon fiber hood, brakes, and sound system. The front end is a bit tweaked which makes the carbon fiber hood not sit properly.
                I don't know if I should buy a low mile engine to replace the old (I've heard the Japanese import engines with 60K are not the way to go) or buy a new CB7 with a manual transmission that's straight with less miles (that could take forever) since most used CB7's have 250+ thousand miles on them. I'm tired of leaking oil on my car port. But, I could put all my performance upgrades on the new car. I'm feeling like I'm going to have to find a sweet little old lady that kept her CB7 in the garage for the last 20 years. What are the chances of that??? Or, maybe I should look into a newer car, but I loved my CB7. I look forward to your responce.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                  THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CAR!

Comment

new facebook page

will the facebook page rules be carried over from the forum? members who are beyond their 30 post requirement are eligible to join? i found it difficult to make 30 posts with out making up non sense to talk about, almost everything i have questions for is already covered in the forum or i find ways of figuring it out myself.

Comment

I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to actually go through with the new Facebook group... but if so, yes. 30 posts and/or a specific amount of time as a member here. I still haven't decided exactly how I want to do it... if it happens.

Comment

I have to make 30 posts before I can even purchase a random part from someone on here?

How do you guys even enforce that?
                        Some know me as the "Tranny Guy"

Comment

And I can't even make a post to a very technical thread.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201115

Lamezorz.

Comment

Until you reach 30 post you are limited to the beginner section. Go ahead and ask your question in Beginner Technical/Performance.

Beginner Forums (post count and account limitations are explained here!)
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157810

Comment

Originally posted by Bense View Post
                              And I can't even make a post to a very technical thread.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201115

Lamezorz.
                              That's how we enforce it.
                              If you're a true CB7 enthusiast, we value your input. However, if you're unwilling or incapable of making 30 worthwhile posts in the Beginner Forums (and reading the rules beforehand), then you probably have little to offer this community. If you have significant knowledge, you should have no problem helping out the other new members that know nothing about these cars.
                              You are welcome in this community, provided you follow the rules just like everyone else has done.

Comment

Originally posted by Tishock View Post
                                Until you reach 30 post you are limited to the beginner section. Go ahead and ask your question in Beginner Technical/Performance.
                                But I don't have a question to ask. I have answers to previously unanswered questions.

It's not like I'm some newcomer to all of this and i'm sure both of you have read my stuff before anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X