Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need Help 93 Ckp Problem!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help 93 Ckp Problem!!!!!

Out of no where my boosted cb7(f22a4) wont rev past 3k.. ive replace the engine harness and 3 dizzy i even went and got another ecu hondata s300 and still nothing has changed..im lost guy and really need your help on this one.
    Last edited by No_Reservations; 02-17-2017, 03:24 AM.

Have you checked fuel pressure? Ignition coil/wires/plugs? Sounds like weak ignition, low fuel pressure, or bad fuel.
    1992 EX, 306,000 miles - Track toy - M2S4, H23A1, ST rear swaybar, Wagon brakes, GC coil sleeves, KYB AGX dampers, Stoptech pads, Toyo Proxes R1R, 2.25" exhaust

Stock F22A6
    VIR, 5/22/2016: https://youtu.be/eR5-ylSPsxk

H23A1 powered
    NCCAR, 9/4/2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI5WpxGrEpE
    CMP, 10/16/2016: https://youtu.be/DOqoe5f-GLY

Comment

Is your check engine light on? Not revving past 3k is "limp mode". If both the old ECU and the new one are working correctly and there is a problem, then both would go into limp mode. If your check engine light is on, you need to pull the error code and fix the problem. If the light is not on, the first thing you need to do is verify that the bulb isn't blown (I can't tell you how many times people have insisted that their CEL wasn't on, only to realize that the bulb was out.)

Also, unless that new Hondata S300 is tuned for your specific setup, i wouldn't run it. You're going to need to get that tuned before you can safely use it. I would also remove all turbo components until you get the engine running properly. That's just asking for a paperweight.

Comment

Originally posted by masospaghetti View Post
        Have you checked fuel pressure? Ignition coil/wires/plugs? Sounds like weak ignition, low fuel pressure, or bad fuel.
        Yes new plugs I'll check the fuel pressure today thank bro

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Is your check engine light on? Not revving past 3k is "limp mode". If both the old ECU and the new one are working correctly and there is a problem, then both would go into limp mode. If your check engine light is on, you need to pull the error code and fix the problem. If the light is not on, the first thing you need to do is verify that the bulb isn't blown (I can't tell you how many times people have insisted that their CEL wasn't on, only to realize that the bulb was out.)

Also, unless that new Hondata S300 is tuned for your specific setup, i wouldn't run it. You're going to need to get that tuned before you can safely use it. I would also remove all turbo components until you get the engine running properly. That's just asking for a paperweight.
          Yes check engine light is on code 4

Comment

Well there's your answer, fishbulb. Crank position sensor (now that I type that, I'm assuming that's what you meant by "ckp"...) would most definitely throw you into limp mode. The sensor is in the distributor on the F22A4. Therefore, if you've replaced the entire distributor, that means one of two things... 1) your replacement is also faulty, or 2) there's something wrong with your wiring. Check the wiring first. Look for damage at the plugs on both ends, and keep an eye out for cracked sheathing. Your wiring is over a quarter century old, so the sheathing may have cracked somewhere. Especially when exposed to higher underhood temps generated by a turbo system. If your replacement is under warranty, trade it in for a new one. New parts fail more often these days... especially now that they're frequently lower-quality non-OEM parts, or remanufactured units.

Comment

Okay yes I'll check the wiring more and I'll call Honda on the morning thanks for helping

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Well there's your answer, fishbulb. Crank position sensor (now that I type that, I'm assuming that's what you meant by "ckp"...) would most definitely throw you into limp mode. The sensor is in the distributor on the F22A4. Therefore, if you've replaced the entire distributor, that means one of two things... 1) your replacement is also faulty, or 2) there's something wrong with your wiring. Check the wiring first. Look for damage at the plugs on both ends, and keep an eye out for cracked sheathing. Your wiring is over a quarter century old, so the sheathing may have cracked somewhere. Especially when exposed to higher underhood temps generated by a turbo system. If your replacement is under warranty, trade it in for a new one. New parts fail more often these days... especially now that they're frequently lower-quality non-OEM parts, or remanufactured units.
                Ok I've put new plugs and coil I've checked the wires and still the something do you by any chance know if there is a relay that may cause the problem

Comment

No, there is not.
                  You checked the wires going to the distributor and ECU, right? Not the spark plug wires.

If your wiring is good, then the distributor seems to be your problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X