Selling my Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling my Laptop

I'm selling my current laptop to a friend/co-worker because he really needs something for school. I'm trying to return it to as like new condition as possible. I have a few questions:

1. What's the best way to transfer all my accumulated files? A USB Stick, the Cloud, or something else? I can have it arranged where my new laptop and the old one will be side by side if there is a way i can seamlessly transfer from one to the other.

2. I have iTunes but in the past year my iPod has stopped working, is there a way I can transfer the new music in my current library? I currently use my phone as a music player but the program I use to "Sync" I don't believe will allow me to put it back on a fresh iTunes install.

3. IIRC, I can do a factory reset from safe mode correct, or is it a little more involved? I had an Army friend put an unlicensed copy of Office2010 on the laptop, will that be gone? I would really like to try to keep that for my friend as he will be using it for school.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

I have a laptop and netbook along with 5 flash drives 1 Triple card reader and adapter micro, SD , to usb they work well. I barely use them I need to make my Acer faster BT its primative and I've had training in virus removal so I'm good.

Comment

when i switch to a new computer i normaly use a 16gb flash drive and the cloud. i have all of my documents backed up to OneDrive since i use windows 8. i used to have google drive so i have a few files there.

use the flash drive as a back pack so to speak. you might be able to fit everything you want to keep on the flash drive in one go. then just go through your files and drag and drop what you want to keep. leave everything else

for your number 2 question you should be able to back all of your itunes stuff to the iCloud which is built into the latest version of itunes

as for your number 3. i cant really remember anymore but a little research on my ends leads me to believe this is the quickest/easiest option
      http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/r...sks-36157.html

for your ms office stuff ill have to send you a couple files to keep it so PM me
      visit vgruk

Comment

Thanks, I had to push back the Laptop purchase to next month so I'll be in touch.
        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
          when i switch to a new computer i normaly use a 16gb flash drive and the cloud. i have all of my documents backed up to OneDrive since i use windows 8. i used to have google drive so i have a few files there.

use the flash drive as a back pack so to speak. you might be able to fit everything you want to keep on the flash drive in one go. then just go through your files and drag and drop what you want to keep. leave everything else

for your number 2 question you should be able to back all of your itunes stuff to the iCloud which is built into the latest version of itunes

as for your number 3. i cant really remember anymore but a little research on my ends leads me to believe this is the quickest/easiest option
          http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/r...sks-36157.html

for your ms office stuff ill have to send you a couple files to keep it so PM me
          This.

I'm the king at messing up laptops so I always have my important stuff backed up. 16GB Gorilla Drive stick, OneDrive and iCloud. That covers everything except any programs you might have.

Comment

Working...
          X