INT: 10 min gauge cluster mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    Actual length? No clue. I just stuck on as much as I needed and cut off the excess.

If you want to find out, do some math.

The trim sticks on. I stuck it onto the inside edge of the black faceplate that covers the gauges.

I would leave the faceplate black, or carbon fibre like Whiteshift's above photo. Personally I don't like anything else. Looks tacky and distracting.
    Thanks. I will probably polish the face plate to shiny black like with Type G plastic DIY. I want to replace the bulbs in the cluster to LEDs. I am going to remove that over top blue plastic tint piece. Put another color clear plastic in its place, not sure of color yet and replace the 2X74 LEDs with white. Probably will put an aluminum foil behind the LEDs to make it shine in more multi directional. The rear 2X 74 and the 3X194 LED bulbs in the back, what color would you suggest? I just want to make the cluster more lively without being obnoxious. More of a classy cluster than a loud one. With color that would work well with my burgundy interior and seattle silver exterior.
    I am debating b/w making the cluster more white or just blue for back light and white on the over head.
    Is there a point to replace those 74 bulbs on the top for the brake, cruise, blinkers, CEL, ect... to LEDs?
    Now with the LED bulbs, they are uni polar, the cluster has 2 plugs, which one is the one for the power so I can test for the bulbs on before putting every thing back on?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Bad_dude; 03-22-2012, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteShift View Post
      Look sick dude.... I Love the look this give with the prelude steering wheel....

This is mine, I Have purchase them...they are designed for the 90-93 cb7 gauge cluster....

I Love your result Crazymickey.... for the HALF Price you get almost the same result.......

Great Result and Good work Dude!!!

Excellent DIY.... I think a lot of people would love this!
      Dude where can I get this? I want to do that with my cluster
      1991 cb7 daily driver and huge project

http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/pu...tml?sort=3&o=1

Comment

Working...
      X