Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Idle Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle Issues

So, for a while I have been having an issue with my idle. It was not revving up and down like a vacuum leak but, more like the idle was sitting too high. For example, if I was coming to a stop for a red light, the idle would stay at 1,200 RPMs even as I finally stopped.

I tried to clean everything I could think of such as, throttle body, FITV, IACV, and even tried to cap off the air boost valve. I did not clean the ERG yet though. It helped a little when I cleaned out the FITV and re-tightened the white piece inside back down, with about 1/4 turn back off. But, my idle still liked to sit at about 1,200 RPMs no matter what. I also tried to spray some carb cleaner around the IM but nothing happened to the idle. This helped rule out a vacuum leak.

I found the article about resetting the base idle. Luckily, it actually helped bring the idle back to normal (around 800 RPMs while at a stop.). So, I do not know if anyone may have a similar issue but, follow the thread on Resetting the Base Idle by HondaFan81 if you may have a similar issue because it really helped me.

"SETTING BASE IDLE PROPERLY" -> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...33&postcount=1
    Last edited by G. Wiffington; 04-24-2016, 06:13 PM. Reason: Edit title for another Link
    Keep Pushing..

That's why we put it in the thread at the top marked "PLEASE READ HERE FIRST"

Can't hurt to have yet another thread pointing to it, though. Glad it helped you fix the problem!

Comment

Haha yeah I guess I should had done a tad more research on here but hey, it's all good now! I love the info on here, you just really have to navigate to find what you are looking for. Thanks man, I appreciate it.

&& plus I just wanted to make a thread that actually says that information on here was beneficial. Sometimes I see threads where people discuss their related issues on a certain topic but never say if everything worked out in the end.

Knowledge is power!
      Keep Pushing..

Comment

A lot of people have the same issue you had. I've directed them to that thread, and they almost always say "I did that and it didn't work". I wonder how many actually read the thread and followed the steps! Idle issues are common on these engines, and there is a LOT of misinformation out there on how to fix them (some of it, sadly, is still lurking on these pages.)

We do our best to put links to some of the most commonly used information at the top of each relevant section. If there's ever anything you come across that you feel belongs in one of those index threads, don't hesitate to message me or an active moderator!

Comment

Yes sir, I agree. From what I have seen on this forum, there is a great amount of information that other CB7 Family members can use.
          I am honestly on here everyday looking across pages just because I like reading about other member's experiences.
          I wish there was a CB7 Family Chapter out here in Baltimore, Maryland!! I am trying to get my younger brother into cars so hopefully I can find a nice CB around my area to build with him. (Sorry to get off-topic haha.)

Thanks for the feedback deevergote, I appreciate it.
          Keep Pushing..

Comment

The founder of this site was actually from MD!
            There used to be quite a crowd in the mid-atlantic region.

Comment

Haha really? That is awesome!!

Yeah Maryland is the spot to be. (Lmao that was complete sarcasm.)

I feel like I used to see a larger import scene in the early 2000's when I was younger but, now I really don't see that many anymore. A few turboed Civics every now and again but, I honestly have not seen a single CB7 that has been taken under our caring car-enthusiastic wings. I swear it's like spotting a unicorn when you see a nice CB riding down the road!! Although, there is a nice rusty 1991 CB up the street from me hahaha.
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

You may still have a bit of a leak through the FITV; the internal o-ring on the yellow piston takes a compression set so that it no longer seals well. Link for replacing the o-ring: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206012 which may help with cold starts when that time comes again.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
                  Haha really? That is awesome!!

Yeah Maryland is the spot to be. (Lmao that was complete sarcasm.)

I feel like I used to see a larger import scene in the early 2000's when I was younger but, now I really don't see that many anymore. A few turboed Civics every now and again but, I honestly have not seen a single CB7 that has been taken under our caring car-enthusiastic wings. I swear it's like spotting a unicorn when you see a nice CB riding down the road!! Although, there is a nice rusty 1991 CB up the street from me hahaha.
                  The import scene isn't what it used to be, that's for sure. When it first hit the mainstream (basically, as soon as The Fast and the Furious came out), it was something special and exclusive. Then it got flooded with idiots, and the cheap aftermarket parts started popping up everywhere. The real enthusiasts got buried somewhere between the people who paid WAY too much money to follow a trend, and the people that cut every imaginable corner in order to do as many modifications to their vehicle for the least amount of money. Eventually, the automakers caught on, and started giving us cars that had all the things that we were doing on our own... turbo, HID headlights, crazy powerful engines, performance aerodynamic bits, limited slip differentials... some manufacturers, like Hyundai, even designed their ECU in a way that it was easy for an enthusiast to crack (Hyundai all but said that was their intention with the 2.0L turbo Genesis Coupe.) These days, true enthusiasts modify cars for the love of it. People who just want to go fast or look good can just buy a car that does either (many of those cars are now quite old and very cheap!)

Comment

@fleetw00d - Hey thanks man. I was curious to what the exact part numbers were for those seals.

@deevergote - Yeah definitely! I would rather work on our 1990's Hondas than these new vehicles where parts are insanely expensive & more complicated.
                    Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
                      @fleetw00d - Hey thanks man. I was curious to what the exact part numbers were for those seals.
                      Note: Those aren't Honda part numbers for the seals, Honda only sells the FITV as an assembly (you can get the cover and cover o-ring separately).
                      Last edited by Fleetw00d; 04-28-2016, 10:39 PM.
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Nice! A vietnamese troll bot

Comment

Why do they think that will be effective on an English-speaking site?

Deleted.

Comment

@fleetw00d Cool, thanks. Yeah I looked those O-Rings up. Just trying to figure where I should buy them from since they're all different sizes.
                            Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                              Nice! A vietnamese troll bot
                              Lol what?
                              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                              X