Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Manufacturers List

jgdarden.com/batteryfaq/batbrand.htm

An interesting read/list on who makes and owns who and who supplies to most of the automotive world.
    Basically Johnson Controls makes everything. Did you know they are also a huge manufacturer/supplier of car interiors including Recaro?

So don't fret when choosing a battery over who makes it, just look at the specs.

I'm sure it's like this for most other makers of stuff in our lives. You go high enough up and there's really only a few companies in the whole world.
    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Tires are like that, too. Most of the tire brands you see out there are either owned by, or source their products from, other more established companies.

My General tires are made by Continental. They're not as good as Continental's better models, but for a basic all season tire, mine are damn good... and way cheaper than anything bearing a Continental logo!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Tires are like that, too. Most of the tire brands you see out there are either owned by, or source their products from, other more established companies.

My General tires are made by Continental. They're not as good as Continental's better models, but for a basic all season tire, mine are damn good... and way cheaper than anything bearing a Continental logo!
      Yup. Off the top of my head I think the only real tire manufacturers are:
      Continental
      Michelin
      Bridgestone
      Good Year
      Sumitomo
      Cooper
      Hankook
      Pirelli
      Toyo
      Yokohama
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I think some of the Chinese brands make their own as well... but I would never ride on that junk.

Comment

Nitto?

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
            Nitto?
            Falls under Cooper, I'm pretty sure.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

this is why ive always bought the everstart maxx batteries from walmart. made by johnson controls, cheap, and hassle free replacement if they ever go bad

Comment

I haven't looked, but is Johnson Controls behind Optima and the other sealed-cell batteries?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  I haven't looked, but is Johnson Controls behind Optima and the other sealed-cell batteries?
                  Yes

Comment

I believe interstate makes the honda batteries at the dealership. However it does not mean that a matching spec interstate battery is as good. They may not be as strict on specs and material quality on batteries bearing the interstate name as honda demands of the batteries with the honda sticker...
                    ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

shit, even wheels are that way. My OZ edition Eclipse wheels are made by Enkei!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

It really is like this in every industry...

Look in your fridge and pantry. Coke or Pepsi owns everything including teas and energy beverages.

There's only 3 major cell companies now. Even cellphone manufactures are down to just a few.

There's 4 major banks.

90% of the media is controlled by 6 companies.

And so on...I had to edit my post because I didn't know some companies were owned by others bigger ones.

And of course we all know the crab people really rule us all.
                        Last edited by uslspct; 03-21-2015, 01:48 AM.

MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                          Falls under Cooper, I'm pretty sure.

Toyo owns Nitto now.

MY RIDE

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                            Yup. Off the top of my head I think the only real tire manufacturers are:
                            Continental
                            Michelin
                            Bridgestone
                            Good Year
                            Sumitomo
                            Cooper
                            Hankook
                            Pirelli
                            Toyo
                            Yokohama
                            Yeah that's pretty much it. Plus Kumho and Nokian from Finland for awesome winter tires. And Hoosier.

It's also interesting to note all of those on your list were founded before WW2 and yet they're all still around. 5 of them from before 1900.

MY RIDE

Comment

MY RIDE

Comment

Working...
                              X