Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Sandwich plates/adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandwich plates/adapter

What is the consensus amongst our comunity regarding utilizing a sandwich plate/adapter for the oil supply lines to the turbo and the oil pressure gauge?
    I know plenty folks used to tap lines to the pan but i do see this being easier than welding fittings into the pan, i also see a couple manufacturers are now making units with 4 fittings instead of just 2 which would allow you to use it in more than one way. Which is the most common used unit in here? Any input appreciated

Thanks

Also any better options to the GM 3 bar MAP?
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

I used a sandwich plate and I didn't have an issue with it. As for a Map sensor you can't go wrong with a 3 bar. I know omnipower makes Map Sensors as well but I believe GM has been around longer and what most people go with including myself with this new build.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

The fittings going to the oil pan or valve covers are return lines.

As far as oil feed lines go, there are a couple options. A sandwich plate is a good and easy option. There is also an available port on the block above the oil filter and one on the oil pump. The one off the oil pump would be direct off the pump and unfiltered. probably not the best option unless you run an inline filter. The port on the block above the filter is the block feed and it is filtered by the oil filter. could also T into the oil pressure sensor port.

All things being said, as I mentioned, an adapter/sandwich plate would probably be the easiest option.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
        I used a sandwich plate and I didn't have an issue with it. As for a Map sensor you can't go wrong with a 3 bar. I know omnipower makes Map Sensors as well but I believe GM has been around longer and what most people go with including myself with this new build.
        Thanks Grumpy, they one thing i saw on omnipower that got my attention was that they claim to be direct fit, so pretty much a plug and play settup. Could you tell me which brand sandwich plate did you use? I see complaints about a couple brands having burrs on the treads

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
          The fittings going to the oil pan or valve covers are return lines.

As far as oil feed lines go, there are a couple options. A sandwich plate is a good and easy option. There is also an available port on the block above the oil filter and one on the oil pump. The one off the oil pump would be direct off the pump and unfiltered. probably not the best option unless you run an inline filter. The port on the block above the filter is the block feed and it is filtered by the oil filter. could also T into the oil pressure sensor port.

All things being said, as I mentioned, an adapter/sandwich plate would probably be the easiest option.
          Yeah unfiltered anything from water to cigarrettes and everything in between is never a good idea. I am starting to buy all the independent parts so i can slap them on when time comes, that way i can avoid running around buying whatever its at hand instead of what i would prefer.

Comment

Working...
          X