• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
    They are .

Jak we gotta talk....

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

would the front spindle from this accord bolt up to the CB chassis? found one side in the junkyard but I didn't want to grab it because I wasn't sure if it fit

2001 accord V6 coupe

www.stl-imports.com

Referral: crx08

support the import community

Comment

bringing this back from the dead...i've been reading this diy and the all prelude way and i have a few questions...
        i currently have the legend dual piston calipers along w/ 91 wagon trapped rotor (which is 1" in. bigger than sedans and coupes rotors) everything lines up perfectly and was pretty much a direct bolt-on. But, if I were to use ody RA front knuckles for a 5 lug conversion, what rotors would i need to fit the dual piston calipers? are the ody rotors the same size as the wagon rotors?
        Also, i read that the guys that went all prelude way, use a 5th gen accord dr's axle. is this also necessary when using the ody knuckles?

Comment

Just picked up '96 Odyssey spindles today (knuckle, bearing, ABS sensor, hub). I'm ordering some Brembo cross drilled rotors to go with it and some hawk pads.

I'm not sure which calipers I will be using with this set-up yet. Can I run the CB calipers with the T-25 bracket?
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
            Just picked up '96 Odyssey spindles today (knuckle, bearing, ABS sensor, hub). I'm ordering some Brembo cross drilled rotors to go with it and some hawk pads.

I'm not sure which calipers I will be using with this set-up yet. Can I run the CB calipers with the T-25 bracket?
            i used the 02 TL front knuckles complete from the j/y and found that my stock cb caliers fit the TL bracket nicely. i can't remember if it was a 25T bracket now.

i removed the ABS sensor since I don't have ABS

stayed drum in the rear just used CR-V drums with the prelude hubs

and made the swap complete by getting the donut spare from an 06 TL so I don't get stuck with a flat

can we get this thread stickied?
            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
              i used the 02 TL front knuckles complete from the j/y and found that my stock cb caliers fit the TL bracket nicely. i can't remember if it was a 25T bracket now.

and made the swap complete by getting the donut spare from an 06 TL so I don't get stuck with a flat

Well, I just priced some rebuilt Nissin '96 Odyssey calipers with limited lifetime warranty. I'll be picking them up soon as I can get to the store. I'll also be running the Odyssey caliper bracket as well. Front 5-Lug conversion using all Odyssey parts FTW. Oh yeah, and I'm probably going to get the Energy bushing set as well.........Shopping for cheapest price as we type.........

- D. Chappelle

Comment

dc2 5 lug type r's rolling throught your brain????

Comment

Originally posted by 93blackcb7 View Post
                  dc2 5 lug type r's rolling throught your brain????
                  hmmmm
                  http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post

This is the route i want to go. I found an 02 tl with just a broken stud on one side. I guess i dont need the caliper. Could you pm me the specifics on the rear. What year cr-v and hub? Which pads to use? Thanx

"Good judgement comes from experience,
                    alot of that comes from bad judgment"

Comment

Just some food for thought. The calipers of of other cars such as the TL, V6 Accord, or Odyssey have bigger calipers, and I also think the piston is slightly larger than the CB piston. I will double check when I have time to confirm.

Just as a reminder, those Legend coupe calipers are dual piston FTW!
                      Last edited by Straight Success; 06-09-2011, 11:37 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

legend calipers are garbage, the numbers fro each calipers braking is diff since u have to mount them upside down from right to left n left to right just to get the bleeder, air will go upward and ur braking will suck, theres alot of research for it on honda tech.

the odessy calipers are good enough, they the same as the v6 accord, wagons and typer's
                        knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

Comment

Originally posted by BIEN_DIESEL View Post
                          ...the odessy calipers are good enough, they the same as the v6 accord, wagons and typer's
                          I know. That's what persuaded me to go with the Odyssey calipers. Now the question is, do I want my calipers and brackets to be black or red?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I say red

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
                            Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

i have a question about this can we do the 5 lug for the rear using odyssey parts or do we have to use prelude parts

Comment

any body??? no???

Comment

Working...
                                X