Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BB4 Prelude Seats, What needs to be done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BB4 Prelude Seats, What needs to be done?

Hey Guys, I got some BB4 Prelude seats in good condition from the junkyard recently (also an A6 cam, yay), what needs to be done to swap them in? Has anyone else had experience with them?

Thanks!
    I'm faster then a prius

If your lucky, the rails will be practically the same. Very little to no welding at all.

To be sure, turn then upside-down and you'll see.

Comment

Accord seats are wider.
      The rails don't swap over directly.
      You can add a spacer about 3/8" to 1/2" and a longer bolt which should space the prelude seat rails enough to bolt down 3 out of 4 mounting holes. Make sure the spacers have a good mounting area. Don't do what I did and use thick nuts to space out the rails.

The 4th mounting hole will need a custom bracket or will need to be bent downward to bolt down.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        Accord seats are wider.
        The rails don't swap over directly.
        You can add a spacer about 3/8" to 1/2" and a longer bolt which should space the prelude seat rails enough to bolt down 3 out of 4 mounting holes. Make sure the spacers have a good mounting area. Don't do what I did and use thick nuts to space out the rails.

The 4th mounting hole will need a custom bracket or will need to be bent downward to bolt down.
        Ok, awesome. That's super helpful, thanks! Sounds like I have some fab work on my hands...

Was the swap worth it to you? They look like they should sit lower, and bolster me in place more when taking corners.
        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

I've done both gens of prelude seats on prelude rails and on accord rails. Both need modifications to work correctly. You should read these threads first. I fixed the pics on this thread.
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=207649

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145215

Most of the other DIYs are broken. If you have any questions let me know.

Comment

Having done this mod years ago, the one thing I recommend doing and being super careful with is the angle of the rear seatback.

I'm fairly sure it's in the linked articles, but when I did mine, they sat too reclined using the Accord rails. There have been people who have gotten around this, but it is something to think about.

Comment

Thanks for the tips dudes! Looks like this will be a fun little project.... I'll be tackling this soon!
              I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Working...
              X