**Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
        What's the point of extended top hats.
        With F&F, KSport, D2, etc (pretty much any "1-piece" coilover), they do nothing, since you adjust the height from the bottom.

But on Koni/GC, Tein, and traditional style coilovers (that adjust by lowering the spring perch), they help get back some shock travel. The spring sits the exact same way, but the center portion, where the shock tube bolts too, is extended. So say your car is lowered 3in (like mine). I have 1in extended top hats, so they make the shocks perform like they were lowered 2in, which means better performance, and comfort. Pretty much eliminates bottoming out as well.

Comment

coming out nice...keep up the good work

Comment

That last picture tho. Looks awesome! Man I need to get into the BIG break club soon. I'm still debating on the 5 lug swap.
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199269 Current Coupe.

Instagram : moii_26

Playstation Network : el_tyrone

Comment

Im really like the front brake setup and great job on the clean up work on the header.

Comment

Recent shot of the car for you guys....

Oh, and I'll just leave this here....

Last edited by Corweena; 02-28-2014, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Little update for you guys.......

And really the only new part on the car.....an OEM Honda Access Accord SiR lip. I actually picked this up so I could copy the mounting bracket design for when I mount my heavy duty fiberglass replica. This authentic ABS one is too fragile to daily lol.

Oh, I raised the car back up.....its now the highest I've been on these coils. I absolutely love driving it now, because I can beat on it, and not scrape or rub.

monster truckin'

And a shot with one of the best Accords out there, and my good friend Scanlessfool. I need to get on his paint level......someday.

That's it for now.....but stay tuned. Lots of stuff coming down the pipeline. Also picked up a rear disc conversion that will be installed later this year, when I give the whole rear suspension a refresh.

And finally, the auto tranny finally started slipping.....which now means I have a legitimate excuse to go 5-speed. Most likely going with an h22 transmission, with an Accord LX 5th gear fitted to keep RPMs down under 3k at highway speeds. I'll be so glad to get rid of this horrid slushbox.

Comment

Picked these up yesterday.....I needed a BBK-friendly wheel I could roll around on while I do some top secret work on my 5Zigens. Already got a buyer for them when I'm done with them next weekend lol. They are Enkei RP01s in 17x7.5 +32 front and 17x8 +38 rear. Tires are 235/45/17....hella beefy, just how I like it :salook:

just barely clears

Threw the SiR on for the photo since I don't DD with it.

I wasn't sure how I'd like them on the car, but they are pretty nice. My love for 5Zigens is still stronger though......stay tuned for what's happening with those

Comment

Long time no update.....last I left I had just got the Enkei RP01s. So much has changed.

Ended up trading my rims to Moises from on here.....I gotta admit they fit so much better on the CB chassis than the CD, since the CBs have smaller fenders, and subsequently, 17x8 +35s fit so much better.

Perfect fitment IMO. too bad they tucked so much on my car.

Now for me.....I couldn't stay away from 5Zigens. Now on to my second set of FN01R-Cs. This time though in a 17x8 +35 and 17x9 +20 stagger. I straight traded Moises my set for his. I'm running the same 215/45/17 Federals I had on my previous set.

They came plasti-dipped white (a nightmare to take off....still not done), and ended up being mismatching finishes underneath. I'm fine with that, since they will be refinished in the future. I actually really like the finish of the 17x8s....its like a smoke chrome or something.....and the blue decals match the brakes perfectly. I may end up redoing all the rims in that same finish. Now on to pics:

The rear fitment. I need to get a rear camber kit.....one side has -2.8 degrees, and the other has -2.1. Trying to get them as close to -2 as I can. I'm also going to be getting a slight pull on the rears, so I can eliminate all rubbing. I really like how they fit though. I'll most likely go a bit lower then, once all that is out of the way.

Some shots of the car at the annual Cali Accord Meet.

Fast forward to fall 2014.....the 5Zigen's were on their way out. Decided to take it up a notch. Wheels have been fully disassembled, and the faces will be getting powdercoated. The lips will be sanded/polished, and the inner barrels will receive a deep cleaning.

Specs are 17x8.5/9.5 staggered, but I will be swapping the lips so they sit 17x9 squared.

And they clear my brakes with the help of a 5mm spacer up front

And the bolts......144 of them cleaned by hand. Never again lol.

Comment

What are they you ask? Here's a hint......

Ok fine.......I'll tell. OG Racing Hart Tracer Type Cs....the lesser known brother of the famous Type C/C2.

And a little mock up, to make sure they clear my brakes, which they do with a small spacer.

I still had my staggered 5Zigens at this point, which were then sold in December. Because I didn't quite have all the money I needed to refinish the Racing Harts, I had some friends who were kind enough to lend me some wheels to roll on in the meantime.

Daniel (DJHizzle) was kind enough to lend me his rear Work Meister's so I could dial in my fitment since the Racing Harts were the same specs. Another friend also lent me a pair of 17x8 +25 Desmond Regamaster Marquis Promadas (and the 5-lug) as his car was not yet ready to mount them on, and he wanted to get an idea of the fitment.

Regamasters are top of my list of wheels to own after running these. I'll grab a 17x9 set someday for track wheels.

At this point, I bought 5Zigen set #3. These however, never made it on my car, as I bought them for cheap with the intention of flipping for a profit.

Daniel needed his Works back, so I had to find something to roll on in the meantime....made an hour and a half trip to San Diego, and came back with 3 wheels.....a pair of 17x8 +23 Work Ewing IIIs, and a single 18x7.5 Racing Hart C2 that I plan on making a table of. Not bad for $130.

And on the car replacing the Meisters are the Ewings.

Here I was at the pinnacle of my wheel whoring stage.

And one last shot of how the car currently sits.....which I dubbed "50 Shades of Grey" because it showcases my badly faded paint lol.

The Racing Harts are now in the process of being refinished....the wheel faces have been dropped off for powdercoating, and as soon as they are back in my possession, everything will be sent to the wheel shop to get the lips repaired and polished, and everything all bolted up together. Will update as soon as I get everything all finished up.

Comment

love your coupe maN from beginning to now!! Front brake setup looks sick aswell!!your car looks good with every wheel you've thrown on. I am trying to buy some wheels off of ebay but i'm terrified to do so due to me not knowing about offset. keep up the good work and don't give up on her!! good luck with her!!! B)

Comment

Originally posted by Agnes93coupe View Post
                            love your coupe maN from beginning to now!! Front brake setup looks sick aswell!!your car looks good with every wheel you've thrown on. I am trying to buy some wheels off of ebay but i'm terrified to do so due to me not knowing about offset. keep up the good work and don't give up on her!! good luck with her!!! B)
                            Thanks man.

If you have wheel questions, shoot me a PM. I've made it a hobby of mine to really get into wheels recently and how everything fits and how the math works out etc....

Comment

Tracers are going to look beautiful on this coupE.

Comment

Got the wheels back yesterday. Needless to say, the guy did an amazing job on them. Most people would write the lips off for scrap, but they came out looking minty fresh.

Here's a before/after comparison.

The wheels should be on the car in the next week or so. I have a set of center caps inbound from Australia, then I just need to get some decals made to complete the wheels.

Comment

Working...
                                X