Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

franken motors (f20b/h22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

franken motors (f20b/h22)

ok so i got some things laying around the shop. so lets start by say i am using a F20B block with H22A head. with great success i might add. but i got the other halfs of these motors just laying around and a cd5 with a stock f22non vtec under the hood.

so what i am thinking is maybe add the two together? any ideas if this might be a way to go? Maybe if a G22 is better or adding the two F heads is best.

well bring on the ideas. but if your going to argue back it with number links or something proving your side plz. thanks!

Well there are a couple of threads on here about franken motors. Not trying to sound like a dick, but what f22 head is it? a1/6, b1, b2, b3, b4, b5, c1, c2, c3, c4, c5, d1, d2, d3, d4?

Comment

If the f22 in a non VTEC I am assuming it is a f22ax. Now you want to put either the f22 head on the f20b block or the h22 head on the f20b block.I have a little bit of a better idea for you. Why don't you just find an f20b head? Or you could look for an h22 block, or if you just want your car to run again, find an f22ax block. I found an entire f22ax long block for $200 so I'm sure you could find something cheap man.

Comment

I'm currently a owner of F20B SOHC VTEC Head and running smooth on a single Cam and i'm amazed of the power it has for a single Cam. The F20B SOHC VTEC engages much better than the F22B1 :-).

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

You shouldn't put an H22A head on an F20B block. The bore difference between the two engines should have been enough to sway you against this.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=Frankenstein

I don't understand what you thought you were benefitting by using the H22A head as opposed to the F20B head if you say you have both complete engines.

The only Frankenstein combination I would consider with all of those pieces would be the F22B2 bottom end with an F20B head. You can have the F20B pistons installed on the F22B2 rods and achieve a VERY high compression ratio.

Put the H22A head back on its block...unless of course you've ruined it by filling the oil drain hole. There was no advantage to doing what you did. If you don't have a use for one of these engines, sell it.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex13mod View Post
            I'm currently a owner of F20B SOHC VTEC Head and running smooth on a single Cam and i'm amazed of the power it has for a single Cam. The F20B SOHC VTEC engages much better than the F22B1 :-).
            Sohc don't mean shit. The f22b1 is an economy engine. A f20b is a more performance oriented engine, of course it should "feel" better. The f22b1 with equal comp ratio would probably outpull the f20b.
            Last edited by MortsAccord; 07-17-2012, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post
              Sohc don't mean shit. The f22b1 is an economy engine. A f20b is a more performance oriented engine, of course it should "feel" better. The f22b1 with equal comp ratio would probably outpull the f20b.
              There is no probably in that. It would period it would have more torque due to the slightly larger displacement and longer stroke.

And I agree with Jarret. And if memory serves the the strokes are are also different between the 2 engines. I would think you could do some real damaging doing a frank like that.

Just my 2 cents.
              The CB7 Collector.
              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
              X