Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1998 Honda Accord performance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1998 Honda Accord performance!

Yes i know that this a CB7 Fourm, but i figuered i could get the same with a CG, so with a CB7 for an added little boost of power i could just get a ECU from a 91 honda prelude F22 model engine (diff setup on the ecu just plugs in and there you go), i guess my question is, is there anything that easy/cheap mods other than the (headers,intake,exhaust and tranny) mods to gain more power on my 98 accord 4cyl?.

H22 swap. "More bang for the buck." There isnt much aftermarket performance for f23a1. You can do cams, if they make any. Anyways they look nice with the oem lip(front,side,rear).
    Last edited by f2156; 02-08-2012, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by f2156 View Post
      H22 swap. "More bang for the buck." There isnt much aftermarket performance for f23a1. You can do cams, if they make any. Anyways they look nice with the oem lip(front,side,rear).
      This is false but made me chuckle.

No an OBD1 ecu will not work on your car unless you modify other things, but no need to jump to OBD1 unless you need a tuneable ecu. Yes they are cams and other aftermarket support for the F23. If you go with anything aftermarket it will require a tune weither its an H or a modified F.
      Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 02-08-2012, 09:37 PM.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Honestly I would keep the F23A in there, there is a cam for it from Bisimoto as well as pistons and rods. You would need a conversion harness from OBD2a to OBD1 which can be found on several reputable sites like Phearable.Net or Xenocron.Com. If anything, swap an F22A head on there and keep your displacement, you're making roughly 140wtq right now which you wouldn't be making with the F22A stock. I'm not entirely certain on this, but I believe I read somewhere back that the F22A has a smaller combustion chamber, so your compression ratio may jump in the area of 9.8:1-10.3:1 IIRC. That would be an interesting project if I do say so myself. Might be quick enough with some bolt ons to take on an H in stock form.
        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

The P12 is in the 1992-1996 Prelude S.

And he wasn't asking about putting a P12 in his car. He was asking about simple modifications to his car similar to what F22A1/4 guys have with the P12.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

all good suggestions, but if i were to do any type of engine upgrade to that extent i would just swap out my 4cyl to a meaner V6 engine but im just looking for little upgrades maybe a manifold spacer, (cams) sound good.

Comment

6thgenaccord.com.
              wat?

Comment

Then the answer is no, so I guess at this point it's either V6 swap or stay where you are.....

At this point you need to ask yourself, exactly what do you want out of your car performance wise in terms of horsepower. My favorite saying is, "You Gotta Pay To Play." You can do I/H/E for roughly $500 or less if you grab some of the Chinese eBay brands off the web, but you won't get the same quality gains that you would from dyno proven research brands. A trans will do nothing, you can get a higher final drive ratio, but you will run out of gear at the higher speeds. You may hang around at the start of the race but once 3rd gear hits(VTEC Shift), they will destroy you. You're at the point where you're either going to "Box Or Throw Rocks". This is what separates the men from the boys in your area's local weekly car meetings, the ones who spend hundreds and the ones who spend thousands. So again I ask that you think carefully on what you want and then we'll help you devise a plan to accomplish those goals.
                Last edited by Joey GT-R; 02-09-2012, 03:21 PM.
                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Working...
                X