• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^trap speeds?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
      I'm not offended, I took it in as joking. I do agree 10k for 300whp sounds really bad but look at 98vtec's prelude. 11.8's with 300whp vs NWaccord who runs 11.3's with a lighter car and 640whp+. Double the power to drop half a second doesn't sound appealing either, lol.
      NWaccord is at a point that he can make 10's happen by adjusting a few things here and there where as 98vtec is pushed just about to its limit without dumping some serious coin-and likely still not hitting 10's.

Custom gearing in the tranny and weight reduction gets NWaccord into 10's. n2o alone could get him into the 10's if applied correctly. Do both, and he could see low 10's.

Stalled auto custom tranny+weight reduction+n2o and I think he could be knocking at the door at 10 flat or better.

Anways, for 10k you could easily duplicate NWaccords power numbers and have money left over for a custom tranny.

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      ^^^trap speeds?
      Trap speeds tell the whole story.

NWaccord has trap speeds to see 10's
      Last edited by toycar; 02-04-2014, 02:08 PM.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I am pretty sure custom gears/a rebuilt stalled auto tranny would be a pretty penny too. Not to mention those could do the same for 98vtec.

I'm thinking ~250whp is about the limit for a FWD car that will be used for anything besides drag racing.

Bottom line though if you spend 10K on a CB motor build, a K series will be the slowest/least powerful outcome, because you will spend 6-8K just getting it into the car. I dont think that is the move

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

But what he is saying and it makes sense is the K will feel more refined at 250WHP than an H22 at 250WHP. The H at that point will have a horrible idle, the shifts would be rough, gas mileage would go to hell. The K will feel smooth. Though yes you can build a faster H for same amount of money, this project my guess is not to have a super fast car (that I'm assuming will be the boost build on the F) but for a daily driver with balls that could keep up with most modern 6 cylinders. I feel as if he would not be considering this if he did not have the extra funds for this.
          Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

exactly, it is a dd, you dont need a 700whp 10sec dd. the k-swap is to have 250-260whp and be perfectly civil. turbo is more power but is not more fuel efficient. look at turbocharged direct injected 1.4's and 1.6's these days that run coil on plug and variable valve timing coupled to 6spd transmissions. they get 25city/30hwy, hell i get better than that with sohc, no variable valve timing, no direct injection and a 5spd. now if 10k will get me a 700whp h22/f22 with 30mpg cty/34mpg hwy than sure im game. last i checked 10k will not get anyone where NWaccord is. his turbo, piping, manifold and transmission rebuild was probably close to 10k then the slicks, suspension, engine management, injectors, fuel system, crankcase ventilation, camshafts and engine build are more. then there is the suspension settings to make 700whp hook without tearing the car apart, it would ride like a horse and buggy. as far as a k-series goes the 10k will easily make 250whp. like i said before, with open diff, not exactly choice gearing, soft suspension, no traction bar i run 13.791@100.1 with 206whp superflow numbers. i dont have many times when i cant get out in traffic even with 4 adults in the car with the a/c on. with a 260whp k24 im fairly certain a 13.0 is obtainable with 27-30mpg city. THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT SWAPPING A K-SERIES FOR MPG & A LITTLE BIT OF POWER, NOT A RACE CAR. if i was looking for all out power i would go boost and i would definitely stick with the f-series because power for power the f-series always wins sorry but it does. the engine i have now makes 206whp vs 187whp on the same dyno within 30mins apart. the h22 had similar mods but is factory equipped with .456"/.420" 232*/228* cams, 10.8:1 compression or higher and 1mm larger intake and exhaust valves vs 9.7:1's, .409"/.391" 217*/222* with 34mm intake/29mm exhaust valves. for those with displacement discrepancies the 2.3 vs 2.3, h23vtecs normally build roughly the same whp with slightly more torque just at a lower rpm. but i digress, im probably going to stick with the f-series for now until some more information comes to light about the intall process. there are k-series swapped members on here that im still waiting for their input.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

You could try asking some Civic guys who swapped Ks. Though different engine, the process might be very similar and there seems to be more K swapped Civics than Accords.
              Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Did you talk to Champcoupe? He had an unfinished swap and he was selling his whole car with the engine mounted in the chassis. He needed wiring, axles, and other stuff to finish it

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I think I pm'd him a while back about it and never got a response.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

He has his number on importatlanta in the parts for sale thread.

his usr there is k24cb7coupe...not sure if that's stalker-ish though

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I never really understood why gas mileage efficiency is mentioned when heavily modding a car.
                      A difference of ~4mpg (when you are already in high 20s-low 30s mpg) translates into roughly $750-$1000 savings every 50,000 miles.

Idk. I just don't see too many heavily modded cars running that many miles on the same engine setup to really see a significant saving with the increased mpg.

Comment

My k24 crv mileage sucks. City driving is 19-20 mpg. All highway is around 27. A lighter, more aerodynamic accord will have better mpg but I doubt it would be by much
                        Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

The amount of money your gonna spend doesnt justify the results you will get. H22 with s good header, cams and port work will proved better results at a fraction of the cost.
                          MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

xdd
                            Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                            93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Working...
                            X