93 F20B manual ecu fuse blowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 F20B manual ecu fuse blowing

Ok so my ecu fuse blew the other day. So I put another 10 fuse in and about a week and a half later it blows again. I noticed that my low gas light doesn't come on when its malfunctioning. It seems to be an intermittent problem cause a few days ago the gas light came on just above the red line. Ok weird maybe it was just a random fluke and problem went away idk. But last night the gas light didn't come on and I ran the car till it was nearly below the red line. I know the ecu fuse is on the same circuit as the fuel. Thats what I found in my research. Also other people said they had wiring problems with the o2 and that after replacing it it was fixed. Now I just replaced the o2 three weeks ago. I'm not throwing any codes still either. I need some help guys. Any ideas? Could it be something with the fuel pump level sender or something? I'm not sure where to start and this is my daily driver too.
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Any ideas are welcomed. This is my daily driver and i need to solve this problem. I was reading in the haynes manual about the ELD. ive checked the voltage and one was right the second test was wrong. im going to double check the test and make sure i did it right.

but any help is welcome guys! its gotten to the point where it is happening more often and still randomly. the ecu fuse. 10amp fuse.
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak

Comment

Ok. I replaced the underhood fuse box. So far no problem. Waiting tho cause it usually did it evrry week but before I replaced it it blew four times. It did havea code 20 so eld. So if you are having the same problem check for codes and replace the fuse box under the hood first.
      Accord SE

93se
      Members Ride

Comment

ok. so it may have been just a fluke. but i stalled in reverse and it blew the fuse again. so if your following this stay tuned.
        Accord SE

93se
        Members Ride

Comment

check all the sensor connectors. over time and swaps they twist and since the wires are old they crack so the wires that are twisted touch n boom goes the ecu fues...happened to me countless times.

my new turbo build

Comment

I'm going to look into that. Thats a good idea. I planned on pulling the engine out over xmas break. I do have some wiring that's dirty looking. Like not loomed right. But I'm gonna fix that and my ecu is bad too. So I've got my work cut out. Looking for a manuel harness too.
            Accord SE

93se
            Members Ride

Comment

was this auto to 5 speed?

my new turbo build

Comment

Yes it was. Its funny u say that cause it keeps wanting to blow the fuse in reverse. U seem to be onto something?. Please share!
                Accord SE

93se
                Members Ride

Comment

did you use the 5 speed harness? or the auto harness?if its a 5 speed harness then you would have had to cut one plug off each side of the main engine harness and wire the ones that dont plug into the car harness.if you did it that way then check your wireing if any of them touch ground even the old auto tranny shift solenoids wires they will pop the ecu fuse thats all wired together to the ecu one way or another.also did you run the wires so reverse lights work or naa?

my new turbo build

Comment

Its the auto harness. And I do have a wire cut on there and forgot what they were. I have moved them and so far no ecu fuse blow while driving foward. Ill have to look closer again trmw and ill tape them up and see how that goes. I followed the diy on the swap and I have working reverse lights.
                    Accord SE

93se
                    Members Ride

Comment

Ok so the two wires that are broken from the plug, well I tried to touch them to different parts of the car to see if it would blow the fuse...I know not the best idea but nothing happened and I don't have any exposed wires that I can see. I also tried to just jiggle wires around is certain areas to see if the fuse would blow and nothing happened. Yes I left the car running while I did this. Its been about a week and a half sense the last fuse blew. I know the problem is not fixed but I'm just babying it till I can park it and put some time into it. Also dealing with a clutch leak somewhere and my clutch fluid is black as black can be. When I figure out the solution I'll post it here for others to give them an idea if they have the same problem. Also another quick question. Could a bad ecu cause the ecu fuse to blow?
                      Thanke
                      Accord SE

93se
                      Members Ride

Comment

yes a bad ecu can do that..

my new turbo build

Comment

Working...
                        X