Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How much did you buy your CB7 for? And how much have you spent on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200bucks for car , 1450 for f20b lsd swap, 500 for s300 chip,130 for p06 ecu and 290cc bosch injectors,12 bucks for vtec ecu conversion components, o and cant remember how much for all the gas, but i also spend 30 a month in synthetic oil changes. i figure for 30 a month i put about 500-700 miles a month which is when oil starts gettin discolored. so eh cheap insurance .

Comment

Synthetic only lasts you a month?! You're oil's not going to stay yellow for those 5,000 or however many miles, the darkening is perfectly normal from taking on the heat of an engine. Even if you're just being super cautious, that's a bit overkill.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

bought for 800

have another 3000ish into it

Comment

bought mine 2100, 5000+ into for inspection, maintenance/repair and mods and so on
          Last edited by kosheen1; 01-31-2012, 04:24 AM.

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
          1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

1,200 was the original purchase price.

I have done the whole brakes system, (p valve, master cylinder, rotors, shoes, pads,), that was 1,200, I used all Honda Branded Parts.\

Had a set set of yokohamas put on that was about 400.00

had the Power Steering Belt and Lternator belt replaced, about 50.00 bucks

NGK platinum spark plugs, 60.00 bucks.

had the starter and distbutor replaced, that was about 300.00

battery replaced. that was about 120.00

I installed a sony deck with pioneer speakers, but I am about to replace the sony deck, I have about 150.00 in the sound system..

I have had the tie rods and ball joints on my car replaced, that was about 800.00

Then had the rack and pinion replaced, I believe that was about 600.00

Done numerous oil changes and transmisiossn fuild changes at about 28 dollars a pop...

I have done the Timing belt, water pump three times with tenisoners, and the balancer belt, it was about 7 hundred for the shop to do it, each time, using Honda OEM parts.

Then I had the struts done using the Monroe Quik Struts. 160.00 x 4...640.00 for a set plus 75 bucks in labor..thats about 705.00...

Then just had the Motors and Regulators replaced with the Honda OEM parts, and everything from the switches to the regulators and the motors to the little clips, was replaced, that was about 700.00 in parts and about 300.00 in labor. but at least I have working power windows and they work flawlessly.

Then you count in the numerous amount of trunk lids, JDM parts and other things I have on the car and in storage, and yah I think I am somewhere in the area of 6,000 dollars in all for everything on my car and sad part is that I am not even done yet..
            Last edited by RagingAsian; 01-31-2012, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Paid $2000 for my 91 EX.

Spent close to $100 on a new battery
              $40 - various maintenance
              $30 - used left driver tire
              $1 + $60 - for new VSS and to have someone else install it
              Close to $500 for registration.

That's all I can think about at the moment.

||91 Accord EX|| All of my images are hosted courtesy of imageShack.com
              Door-Sensor fix (DIY)||Interfacing Arduino to Power locks
              RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.
              "The greatest advantage of speaking the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said." - unknown
              "That's the funny thing about parts that break... they're never broken until they are!" -deevergote

Comment

Originally posted by Kamatari+ View Post
                Paid $2000 for my 91 EX.

Spent close to $100 on a new battery
                $40 - various maintenance
                $30 - used left driver tire
                $1 + $60 - for new VSS and to have someone else install it
                Close to $500 for registration.

That's all I can think about at the moment.
                I'm guessing it was your first registration? I remember paint that ridiculous price

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
                Originally posted by keepinitclean
                I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Spent $500 for mine with a bad head at 240,000 mile spent $700 on fixing the head and replaceing all broken peices on the car like headlights taillights door handles new breakes new bulbs and wipers. About to spend another $1000 on replacing the engine with a f22a1 with 90,000 miles hell ya.. and some other stuff like paint

Comment

I bought mine in 2003 for $2,250 with 180k from the orginal owner with all her recipes. It had the original clutch, never been in a wreck and the steering wheel looked brand new.
                    I did the H22a and tranny swap back in 2005, I think that ran around $3k for myself to do, bought it directly from an importer, had to get the power steering pump and hose from a junk yard, and do the timing/water and clutch before I stuck it in.
                    The a few weeks back I pulled the H22a out and just did a complete rebuild on an f22a6 I got on craigslist, might have $700 into that motor (Complete head rebuild was $300)
                    Replaced the headlamps several times for rock chips/holes.
                    Car has 350k on it now and hopefully will run past 500k easily.
                    "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

$300 for my 92 lx. Not much in it yet but in three weeks my local pick n pull yard does a free parts day. $50 for anything I can carry past the gate. They'll regret that!

Comment

I'm the 2nd owner and my dad bought it..
                        Since I got I've spent over 3,000 and am now just getting an H....

Comment

bought:$400

to get it road worthy:$1550 including price of car.

How much have I spent on it since: not enough.

Comment

$450 for the car
                            $100 for the wheels
                            $65 starter
                            $45 alternator
                            $25 for door panels and handles
                            $ for timing belt job (that my husband and I did)
                            that's about it
                            Last edited by s.green; 03-05-2012, 08:55 PM. Reason: more info

Newest addition to the family...

Comment

Traded my 93 c 1500 350. Truck straight up for my cb7 fresh rebuilt f22 traded BC I wanted a car. N he wanted a truck I think I got the better deal considering gas prices.

Comment

1992 4dr dx paid $700 w/blown head gasket, while replacing had a head stud strip, bought H22($500) installed on to have low compression in cylinder 3&4, then bought F22 vtec($350) ran for 6 months now its smoking, bought oem alloy rims($100), new tires($350), $400 on replacing shocks spring and every bearing/bushing in front end. $100 on camber kit, and now looking for another H22

Comment

Working...
                                X