Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

A couple questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple questions..

I have a 1992 honda accord EX but the engines blown, can I take a 1992 honda accord 4 door engine and drop it in with out any trouble? also what would be the easiest route to take to install new rotors? I know there sealed on or whatever but the mechanic I went to told me 500 a wheel:O and thats just labor!

research my friend..theres plenty of threads

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
    My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
    Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Well, I had more questions actually lol.
      my car randomly doesn't start?
      when the engine wasn't blown.... eh... lol.
      I took it to a mechanic and he couldn't get it to not start?
      its really annoying, I love this car but I don't know what that problem could be?

Comment

oh! and the RPM's while idling would go up to almost 3 then go back down, then back up, then back down, not really fast but not slow ether, man this car is so messed up lol. but it only happened in park or neutral?

Comment

Yes you can swap the motor with no problem if you know what you are doing. As for 500 a wheel thats just damn stupid that means it will be 2000 for the whole car and with that u can buy a new one. the idle surge is the idle air control valve most of the time but if you plan on swapping the motor you do not have to change it since your motor should come with one. As for your car not starting at random times can be several things not just one in particular.

btw Searching is a very easy way to find this out all by yourself if you would take the time to do it. And your mechanic is trying to juice you for that price of doing rotors. i would recommend getting a new one

Comment

well, he said it was sealed on or something? I don't know it would relieve alot of stress if I could figure all this out
            and I've tried searching and google said that they were sealed on too, so yeah:|
            I just need the front 2 done.

Comment

They are not sealed the are pressed between the hub and bearing witch makes them difficult to do. but it is not a job that cost what your mechanic is asking for. i have a guy who can do mine for 100.

Comment

As far as your car randomly not starting. It could be a faulty Main Relay, since it a fairly common problem on old hondas. Though, the main relay problem is mostly seen when your car is sits on the sun for too long on a hot day or if its really cold.

As for as the idle problem, it could be a Vacuum leak(meaning that there could be an air leak on your intake)... or maybe a bad Fast idle thermo valve.

You can see the diagnosis for that here:
                http://tennesseecrxgroup.com/HOWTOS/FITV.pdf
                Accord 93 LX: H23 intake mani, Ebay short ram, P12 ecu, Full exhaust. Lots of noise... and that's about it, just noise. LOL
                Mazdapeed MX-5 04: Begi Intake, Forge BOV, Ebay FMIC. Whoooooooosh... Phhhff!

Comment

I know that me and my friend tried and we couldnt figure it out:|
                  but thanks man you've been alot of help though.
                  even though this is prolly everywhere on the site...
                  where can I buy a new engine for it? should I consider ebay?
                  i cant find anything locally... I want a rebuilt one, that would be great..

Comment

I like this site

Comment

they go cheap. if your gonna get a new motor do not worry about the idle issue. also if you are gonna get a motor might i recommend the h22 swap. you will not be disspointed.

Comment

thats too complicated though I'd have to worry about v-tec and all that.

Comment

I care about looks more then performance honestly... so speed isn't that much of an issue. Honestly after going through all this i'm going to drive much slower anyway lol.

Comment

Thats cool everyone has there preference. good luck man. Just dont pay 500 for a rotor change

Comment

Thank you!
                              I still need help though
                              is there a website you recommend getting an engine from?

Comment

Working...
                              X