Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brake problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake problem

Hey guys i recently did a suspension overhaul on one of my cb7's and come time to wrap her back together ive ran into a problem i cant seem to solve.

I cant get my front passenger tire to bleed correctly. I just keep getting tons of air. Brake pedal goes to the floor. I had a wet spot on my brake hose to that wheel so i replaced that and still same issue. I replaced the master cylinder and still same issue. I figured couldnt be the caliper i replaced them 6 months ago. Took it off took it back and got another one on warranty . Still same problem. Kind of out of ideas at this point :/. Anyone got ideas or possible solutions?

Bleed the whole system and see if that helps. You say you replaced the master. Are you performing the bleed in the right order? RR, RL, FR, FL

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

yes i tried the whole system upon replacing each part. I was also bleeding in the same pattern. i just joined today because i hit a stump lol. Ive been following the forums since February when i got a 92 dx then i also got a 93 ex (the car in question) ive done a bit of work on it since then because due to its age it needs it. ive used the DIY here extensively for new front struts and springs. front lbj front inner and outer tie rods. front driver axle front upper control arms. front end-link bushings. front calipers. starter,radiator more miscellaneous stuff like today the brake line and master cylinder. =) anyways back to brakes

Comment

In order to keep pushing air instead of fluid you must be pulling in air somewhere when you depress the pedal. What kind of shape are the hard lines in?

Comment

You appear to be capable of doing a lot of work on your car - don't be offended, but are you keeping the master cylinder reservoir relatively full while you are bleeding the brakes? Got a big puddle of brake fluid somewhere under the car?
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Did you bleed the master cylinder before installing? If you have drums pull em and check the wheel cylinders… Go over all the lines til you find a leak!

I kept drawing air on the front caliper of a car I was working on one time because of a wheel cylinder that looked and bled fine but had popped out just enough under the rubber cap to suck air in but not leak (this car was also not driven in a while though).
            4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately this problem is still existing and i cant figure it out. Yes i bench bled the new mc before installing and been making sure it doesn't get too low. I have disc all around with abs. The hardlines are still good and i rechecked all my lines for being tight . Im starting to wonder if its the abs system or not. When i did my suspension the lines were left unbolted from calipers and left hanging for a week. Still doesn't make much sense that its only this one tire. No leaks or puddles discovered yet. Looking at abs bleed or delete possibly. Really hate to have to put her in the shop lol.

Comment

93 Ex right? ABS is where you need to look.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

yeah 93 EX......... what should i do bleed it? or something else? my ABS dont work anyways bad wheel sensor and honestly dont care if it stays or not.

Comment

stilll aint got this beast on the road lol.... Finding a prop valve for a teg at the junk yard is turning into impossible lol. I found a cb one today though front disc and rear drums. Almost had it out didnt bring nothing to cut the lines :/. Anyways still a WIP. Need to finish up so i can drive this beast and work on the DX. DX needs a whole new suspension too and motor mounts and a headgasket

Comment

I had a old Nissan that was like this. I ended up bleeding over and over and using 3 big bottles of brake fluid before getting air out. Also have you tried to bleed your brakes with a vacuum pump yet? And I'm not sure if it happens often with honda's but I know in the gm world a lot of people have flipped some seal in the booster when bleeding with a new booster
                      1991 cb7 daily driver and huge project

http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/pu...tml?sort=3&o=1

Comment

What bleeding method are you using?? Have you checked that all bleeding valves are closed? Have you checked the lines for leaks?
                        F22B1 Swap. #StanceNation

91' Accord Project

Paint is custom faded. (Love the Frankenstein look!)

Comment

so as a little update................... still parked lol............ Found a prob Tuesday at the junkyard..... but couldnt get brake lines loose :/...... Came back next day with one of them mini hacksaws charged and ready like "YEAAAAAAAAAH I GOT THIS SHIT". Walking across the yard i see the cars gone lol. No other compatibles at the time lol. I was so crushed. Checking a few yards today for one lol. If not ill start hacking out the ABS. On a more positive note, picking up a nice kit friday for the 92. A water pump,timing belt and tensioner,Pistons and bearings,and headgsket kit for 150 . So ill be able to get her HG done soon. Still need to work on her mounts engines flopping around like a bitch.

Comment

got me a prob valve finally....its from a cb so disk front drum back but oh well its so hard finding non stripped tegs at the jy lol.....now time to get in there and get this shit done

Comment

Working...
                            X