Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bad Automatic Transmission Trouble - Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Automatic Transmission Trouble - Please Help

Hey! So just recently I started having the following problems with my transmission:

- When accelerating it doesn't shift until around 4000 rpm.

- When it hits 4krpm in first or second gear it has a little slip or something and it shoots up to 4500 - 5000, then shifts into the next gear.

- When I come to a stop it seems to slip into neutral or something and the car jumps as it is presumably popping back into gear.

- If I stop going down a hill the car does its jump-pop thing and then stalls.

- When held at around 2500-3500rpm (60kmh, 70kmh, and 110kmh) it starts to rev very strangely, almost as if it's constantly trying to drop down into third, but keeps being kicked back into fourth. The tach needle bounces around between 2300-2500, and 3300-3500rpm, depending on speed.

- If I accelerate past 140kmh it does the same attempted downshift/neutral slip thing.

- Also, when I put the car in reverse it shakes the vehicle A LOT, it is super super rough at idle.

The car has only 110,000km on it, so I'm pretty frustrated about these issues... I know these transmissions are notorious for having problems but I couldn't find any other threads that described the issues my car is having. Anyway, thanks everyone who reads this; I hope you all can help me out. Cheers!

I am no expert but will try. Any codes from transmission? Check engine codes? Has Tranmission computer had any work done yet?

Comment

Computer hasn't had any work done to it as far as I know. And I'm not sure what you mean by transmission codes, sorry. Check engine light isn't on or anything like that.. no blinking D4 like others have experienced either.

Comment

What year is the car? Give ALL info you can about year etc.

Comment

Sorry, I don't know much about auto trannys but I hope the info below is helpful. I have noticed as of late that most auto issues have been resolved by repairing/replacing the TCU or testing then replacing the shift lock solenoids.

Originally posted by Dayton View Post
          Computer hasn't had any work done to it as far as I know. And I'm not sure what you mean by transmission codes, sorry. Check engine light isn't on or anything like that.. no blinking D4 like others have experienced either.
          ENG: Diagnose a Check Engine Light and S/D4 errors.
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21259

TCU Error codes are indicated by the "S" light on 90-91 models, and the "D4" light on 92-93 models. The codes can be read in the same way, with paperclip method, as the ECU codes, by counting the flashes of these lights.
          The error codes are as follows:

0-Transmission control unit (TCU) faulty.
          1-Lock-up solenoid 'A' circuit open or shorted.
          2-Lock-up solenoid 'B' circuit open or shorted.
          3-Throttle Position Sensor circuit open or shorted.
          4-Vehicle Speed Sensor open or shorted - No signal from speedometer.
          5-Shift Lever Position Switch circuit shorted.
          6-Shift Lever Position Switch circuit open.
          7-Shift Solenoid 'A' circuit open or shorted.
          8-Shift Solenoid 'B' circuit open or shorted.
          9-Counter shaft or transmission speed pulse generator open or shorted.
          10-Coolant Temperature Sensor open or shorted.
          11-Engine RPM (Ignition coil signal) open or shorted.
          12-(No code 12 used)
          13-Main shaft speed pulse generator open or shorted.
          14-Linear (line pressure control) solenoid open or shorted.
          15-Kick down switch circuit shorted.

Last edited by Tishock; 03-17-2015, 08:59 PM.

Comment

What is the condition of the tranny fluid?

Have you ever done a drain and refill on the tranny?

Are your motor mounts in good condition?

To me, it sounds like you haven't serviced the transmission in awhile (I am sorry if I am wrong) and it also sounds like the rear motor mount is busted.

Comment

Working...
            X