Want to buy a motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd ride it

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

It's cool to look at parked... but honestly, I have a feeling someone riding it would likely look pretty freakin goofy!

Still, the Ruckus modding scene is really strong.

Comment

It depends on many factors. Comfort is the number one aspect to look at. That come first; period.

Do you want to be hunched over, sitting up right, stretched out, relaxed?

If it's just for commuting, think about power delivery. Are you a person who loves torque like the kind offered from a punched out 350 cubic inch engine with a cam, do you like the smoothness of a BMW, or do enjoy the whine and power bump offered by Honda's VTEC system?

With a car, you can change many parameters to get comfortable while your driving. With a bike, it's very limited to no adjustment at all.

I currently ride a YZF-R6. I ride on both the street and at the track.

If you need more input, let me know.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post

I'd ride it
          I was picturing one like this, a little bit less radical:

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
            It depends on many factors. Comfort is the number one aspect to look at. That come first; period.

Do you want to be hunched over, sitting up right, stretched out, relaxed?

If it's just for commuting, think about power delivery. Are you a person who loves torque like the kind offered from a punched out 350 cubic inch engine with a cam, do you like the smoothness of a BMW, or do enjoy the whine and power bump offered by Honda's VTEC system?

With a car, you can change many parameters to get comfortable while your driving. With a bike, it's very limited to no adjustment at all.

I currently ride a YZF-R6. I ride on both the street and at the track.

If you need more input, let me know.
            This. Totally. And great references by the way, you said what I was trying to say but even better.

Comment

My first bike was an 78 Yamaha XS400 - pokey little bike, but antiquated. Got a Super Magna after that - much more refined, but still antiquated.

A decade went by and then I realized I got the bug again. Bought a Kawi ZX-6R (636) and effectively "learned to ride a bike again". It was easy. 15 minutes on and I got the handle of it no problem.

I eventually got a newer R6 which was a total canyon carver. Mid range power didn't exist, but the frenetic rush up top was addictive.

Decided on living instead and sold everything. Now when I have the itch to ride, I just shoot up heroin instead - it's safer. :-D
              14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
                Now when I have the itch to ride, I just shoot up heroin instead - it's safer. :-D
                I get my needles used to make sure they work.

Comment

I finally bought a bike for $500. I've been riding it but it needs some tune ups. It's a Chinese junk bike/knock off of a honda I believe? Spark plug socket is stripped, leaks oil, has a hard time starting after being cold and I have no clue where to find parts for this bike. Here is some pictures.

Manufacture picture

Co-worker wanted to take a picture and email it to my department, so I thought I would use it.

It's a YG200-9 Yingang. I thought I would learn to ride on this bike, then step up to something nicer like a honda or a yamaha like you guys listed on this thread.
                  For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Great bike to learn on. That bike you can drop and lay it down as many times as you need to in order to learn. You might be surprised at how long it will actually last. Possibly a couple years or thereabout. But in that time you will be more than ready to level up.

Comment

Upgraded!

1983 Shadow 750
                      Last edited by BreckAConner; 05-05-2015, 09:54 PM.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Same year as my V65.

Comment

Guy hid it pretty well from me, but it's leaking oil behind the water pump "weep hole" so I've got to yank the motor supposedly to fix that issue? Any suggestions while replacing this if I should replace anything else?

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by BreckAConner View Post
                            Guy hid it pretty well from me, but it's leaking oil behind the water pump "weep hole" so I've got to yank the motor supposedly to fix that issue? Any suggestions while replacing this if I should replace anything else?
                            A lot different than the Yingang isn't it?

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic. I don't work on my own bikes and I never have so I can't help you there.

9000 miles? I honestly don't know which way I'm leaning on that one...

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                              A lot different than the Yingang isn't it?

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic. I don't work on my own bikes and I never have so I can't help you there.

9000 miles? I honestly don't know which way I'm leaning on that one...
                              I flushed the oil this evening, and put 20w50 Honda oil and then used a K&N filter. I don't know if it had synthetic oil or what, but I want to see if the leak stops with the thicker oil.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

Comment

i told myself i ever were to get a bike, i might end up killing myself because the way i drive with 4 wheels on the pavement. But i still ended up buying a bike anyway. lol.

I'm all about sport bikes. Owned a GSXR 600, R6, and currently eyeballin a 2013 zx10R. But my speeding ticket record tells me no.

Cruisers are nice bikes also to go on distance riding. Comfortable as shit, compared to a crotch rocket.

Comment

Working...
                                X