• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What hood props are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post

What hood props are you using?
      They're the Legend hood struts. Same Legend that we get our lips from!
      '93 LX Wagon (On the back burner)
      '92 EX Wagon (Traded)
      '93 EX Wagon (Current DD)

Comment

Awesome, keep up the good work and way to represent on a track.

Comment

I do love some meaty tires.

Comment

Originally posted by turboHLS30 View Post
            They're the Legend hood struts. Same Legend that we get our lips from!
            thanks. I like the angle

Comment

Well, figured I'd stop in and update the build thread! Between the last update, and now, I've managed to score a job at Discount Tire! One day we were slow at work, so I decided to rebalance the RPF1's since the people who had done it before used clip weights :mad: Well when I took the wheels off, I found out that one of the rear tires had a HUGE gouge right in the middle of he tread. So I decided to take advantage of the 16x8 RPF1's, and ordered a pair of 245/45/16 Bridgestone Potenza RE11's. Not only did this fix my tire issue, but it also solved my huge size difference between front and rear. So I moved the 225/50's that were on the front to the back, and mounted up the 245/45's on the 16x8's :devil:

Also, I picked up a pair of number boards from Grassroots Motorsports! They're headquarters are 10 mins away from me, and it's always nice to stop by and look at the cool cars.

Then my water pump decided it wanted to retire, so I went ahead and replaced it, as well as the timing belt. I also replaced the cam seals, because as you can see in the pics, she had a decent oil leak on the timing side.

Then the weekend after I had my first autocross on the new tires and wheels. The car performed flawlessly, but the venue isn't the best venue we have. It's an abandoned runway, that hasn't been used in years. So there's a lot of dust, changes in pavement, and cracks with grass growing out from them. Seems like everyone was having traction issues. I managed to grab a second place spot in my class. I lost to a Focus ST on R-comps by less than a second. She's slowly progressing though! Here are some pics from the autocross.

'92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

Also finally got some free time to hit the local drag strip. This was my first time on this wheel/tire setup, and my second time at the strip since it was manual converted. My personal best before this was 14.8 at 97mph. My very first pass I managed a 14.7 at 98mph, and the whole night I seemed to hover around the high 14's and 98mph traps. Then on my last pass, I went through the traps, and put it in neutral. When the car got to idle I noticed it was making a horrible winding noise, an even shut off. I started it and limped it off the track, and the paramedic at the end of the track said he saw tons of spark coming out from under the car. So I pulled over and popped the hood and noticed that the engine was leaning on the drivers side. Turns out when I hit 3rd gear, the post mount broke in half, and the engine fell on the crossmember. The crank pulley was sitting on the traction bar, and that's what was causing the noise. On that run I managed a 14.5 at 96mph. So I'm guessing the crank pulley sitting on the traction bar created enough drag to drop 2mph, but still ran .2 seconds faster than my best. This was all with really bad 60 foot times being that I was babying it off the line. Luckily a friend had a spare post mount, and we fixed it and I was able to drive home.

Also scored a pair of blackhoused JDM 1-piece headlights

So ever since I did the H22 swap, I've been running the same H22 basemap from way back when I was auto. The basemap worked very well, and definitely did it's job. But I was ready for more power, and better gas mileage! So I scheduled an appointment with Carlos Tuning (WIKKeDV16 on some forums). We got her on the dyno and did a base tune, and she managed 209/157, which is REALLY impressive for a basemap. Then Carlos started to work his magic, and we ended up with 212whp and 161wtq. Although it only gained 3whp/4wtq at peak, it picked up 15whp and 11wtq between 3500rpm and 5000rpm. We took off my ram air intake, and put on the short ram with filter that I normally run, and it lost 8whp and 6wtq. Needless to say, that short ram is NEVER going back on! She's definitely a whole new car now. I can't wait to get back to the track and shoot for that 13.9 and 100mph run!

I'm going to compile some of my videos, and make 1 video of my recent kills, and some pulls!
                '92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

For driving hard and breaking shit.
                  Someday I will get to one of those coastal dyno's.
                  CB7TUNER.com
                  Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                    For driving hard and breaking shit.
                    Someday I will get to one of those coastal dyno's.
                    Haha, thanks man!
                    '92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

Dat toonah doe!

Love this wagon!

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                      X