No announcement yet.

miss the good ole days on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joined here in 07 due to a senior project me and my buddy built. It was a 91 we rebuilt the whole engine in auto tech 4, head was milled, 3 angle valve job, delta cam, full bolt ons with tein springs and kyb shocks. I later bought the car from my buddy it was wicked fun got it down to a 9.7 in the 8th.

That car was my start into Hondas and the cb chassis I've had 3 or 4 since then but have moved on in life with all sorts of chassis and as an adult, but l still linger here on my very small window of spare time, due to that oh so fimiliar HONEY DO LIST it's worse than work sometimes lol.
    Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 03-04-2016, 02:01 PM.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      "back in my day, we did our engine swaps on driveways that were uphill both ways!"

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Still around, driving the absolute hell out of my 09 Civic EX. Feels like a modern CB. Just needs brake and suspension work

No way will I DD a 23+ year old car. CBs are just too old for most

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post

...All these geezers stinkin' up the joint, whining about "back in my day, we did our engine swaps on driveways that were uphill both ways!"
          back in my day, the search button here was pointless because the forum was that new. lol

Comment

Back when no section had more than one page? I bet people still asked questions that were already covered, huh?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              That's exactly what I would want! After having my CTS-V, I hate the idea of going down in horsepower. Still, turbo makes it easy to gain more power! As long as they don't blow up.

If I ever do get an S60R or V70R, I'm calling on you for help!

My fiancee's mom had a 98 S70, and just upgraded to a newer S60 (haven't seen that yet.) The S70's seats were absolute heaven.
              I really do love Volvo. Total unpretentious quality. Performance isn't quite on par with the other big Euros... but there's just something about Volvos of any year. All the others seem like they're trying too hard to be fancy, high quality cars. Brands like BMW, Audi, and Mercedes Benz definitely succeed... but they never cease reminding you how fancy they are. Volvo just IS. Even in the Ford years (which is pretty much anything even remotely relevant today in a non-"retro" sense), they were just put together well. Volvo is the Chuck Norris in a world full of John Cenas.
              Definitely im still one state away lol. You still driving up and down nj?
              miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Nah. My only client went bankrupt last year, and I decided to go back to school rather than bother finding another. I was getting sick of doing that anyway! The Fit has 390,000 miles on it now. I'm hoping to sell the beast soon and buy a 94-97 Miata... I just need to find someone who wants to pay actual money for the highest mileage 09 Fit in the world!
                I'm now working on an MBA, and working daytime hours at Home Depot to keep the lights on.

Comment

I still own 3 of my CBs, 2 Wagons and a Sedan. The red one my wife daily's. I daily a 93 Civic and just picked up a 2007 Accord SE.

I remember when Black housed headlights were all the craze. An H swap was elite status and JDM goodies all too rare.

Before me with all the Wagon's was jarhead and his pack of 6. Meets actually had more than 8 cars. Drummersteve was always blowing up engines. Guys actually made videos of their builds.

Man, the good ol' days.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                  JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Nah. My only client went bankrupt last year, and I decided to go back to school rather than bother finding another. I was getting sick of doing that anyway! The Fit has 390,000 miles on it now. I'm hoping to sell the beast soon and buy a 94-97 Miata... I just need to find someone who wants to pay actual money for the highest mileage 09 Fit in the world!
                    I'm now working on an MBA, and working daytime hours at Home Depot to keep the lights on.
                    oh damm you racked her up. would be a sweet car for someone to continue putting mileage on it. maybe honda would buy it back. lol

good luck to you with your success. i just quit my job after 6 1/2 years. couldnt deal with people anymore. decided to open up a car garage with my dad and so far its going pretty well. im always booked with work. less free time now

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                    I still own 3 of my CBs, 2 Wagons and a Sedan. The red one my wife daily's. I daily a 93 Civic and just picked up a 2007 Accord SE.

I remember when Black housed headlights were all the craze. An H swap was elite status and JDM goodies all too rare.

Before me with all the Wagon's was jarhead and his pack of 6. Meets actually had more than 8 cars. Drummersteve was always blowing up engines. Guys actually made videos of their builds.

Man, the good ol' days.
                    dang still holding onto them.

yeah i blackhoused mine too but never went jdm. didnt have much money back then. if i bought a cb7 now it would be cheap to build. i almost caved into my is300 build with probably investing 10k into it but backed out because i started to like the s60r more.

yeah i remember jarhead lol lots of cars. i went to the one jersey meet. showed up late. it was way to windy. but over 30 cb7s showed up. good times. i sold steve 2 blocks but told them i didnt know the fate of them. he just stuck one in and it was already blown. then he blammed me for it and we went our seperate ways after that.

but i sure miss my cb7. used to scare girls with it by roasting the tires lol and the rfl bov always caught their attention.
                    miss my turbo cb7
                    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Still here
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                      X