Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call me crazy. But I want to do this. What would your crazy build be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call me crazy. But I want to do this. What would your crazy build be?

Hello guys. As some of you may know, probably not I am in the works of selling my CB. I've put pretty much all my time effort and mostly money into this car since last October. I haven't even had it for a year and I just can't stick with it. I'm in no position to take on a project car at the moment starting school 50 mins away form my house and trying to work to pay bills at the same time. So I have purchased a 94 civic with an LSV swap for 3000$ and it's actually going to be REALLY nice, I'll post pictures when it's done getting it's work done.

ANYWAYS BACK TO THE TOPIC.

Call me crazy but some time around next summer/next winter I want to pick up a CB9. As much as I hate my coupe for all the bs it puts me through I can't get away from loving the CB chassis dearly. So with that said my plans for this car are going to be as follows if life will let me do it.

I'm going to start off with just finding a CB9 has to be an EX model. (I despise not having a sun roof sorry lol) I plan to just fix all the body work to make it look very clean. I want to toss away the motor tranny ect. I want to completely shave and tuck the engine bay from a brake tuck to hiding the fuse box ect. I'm also thinking possibly a RHD conversion. I know that's a bit frowned upon by some of you guys because well, it's sort of useless. And as I read from deev once, it can be dangerous when driving around and I couldn't agree more. However by no means would this baby be daily driven it would be put in hiding until the weekends.

After the possibly RHD conversion and body work I really really want to go for a K series swap. I know it's going to be super expensive but I have some good friends who seem to have their hands on some K transmissions and K motors that I know aren't going anywhere anytime soon. (hence why I get the LSV in the civic) But I want to do a mild build on the K because I want it to be turboed but I would like it to be completely reliable to the point if by chance I had to daily the car I would like to beat the piss out of it. HP goals would be somewhere around 450-500 wheel. Maybe. We'll see how my life pans out by then because I still may be an inexperience driver by then.

After getting the body and motor set up I really would like to hit the interior. By that I mean you know the leather interior some JDM goodies yada yada yada.

For the exterior I really want to go all out. I want to paint this car a burgundy color in memory of my old F-150. Possibly paint the engine bay a candy purple with a gold flake in it. And paint match the valve color to the bay. I would also paint match the lip and whatever side skirts I get with the exterior. For wheels my lord do I have so many I would like, then again which one of us doesn't? But of course I would have the 5 lug conversion so maybe BBS RS's? I would like them to be painted gold whatever wheel's I get because I love the way a gold set of wheels with polished lips looks on a maroon/burgundy car. I also will be sticking to 90/91 JDM one pieces because I prefer them over the 92/93's, also no projectors sorry not a fan of the way they look haha. Fogs. Intersection lights. Side markers. Rear side markers. Rear fog. Parking pole. I really want to figure out a way to do powerfolding mirrors with heated mirrors because civics had them and damnit I will do it. Headlight washers. Hood bra. OEM gold grille. Amber corner lights. Sunroof visor. Rain guards. Everything.

Some of you might think I'm a bit crazy for this haha. And I know it's going to take a LOONGGG time and lots of money and dedication. But it's a dream and a goal that I have set for myself to complete. I really want to stick to it and complete a CB. I don't care if I have to drive to Florida to pick up the damn wagon to start this on I will do it. I also hope that I'll be able to get my hands on all the goodies I want before it's too late. Or maybe I'll just have to take a trip to japan and find the parts myself.

This is also a given but I will be doing a full suspension overhaul as well. Koni/GC SPC camber kits ect ect. Nothing but high quality parts that I will be referring to this site for. Of course many little things to go along with like the FFC radiator bracket things. Also a full big brake upgrade. Nothing but the best for this car.

Thanks for reading guys. I'd also like to hear any suggestions for it if any.

But MOST OF ALL, what would you do? I'm not just talking CB's either. I don't care if you want to build a lambo or a 69 vette a truck anything. Leave a little story down below. I really would like to see how you guys would do things to anything. It would be interesting. I don't care if you're never going to do it either, just tell me what is the craziest thing(s) you would do to a car of your choice. (money is no object either) Thank you!
    Originally posted by cb9love
    when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

My suggestion is to do it. Don't be a dreamer and look at parts and possibilities all the time. That's my problem. I think that I could always do something better with out even starting with whatever.

My crazy plan is for the CB...it's a motor build...preferably around 250V nominal and water cooled.

I want to take a stack of the Accord Hybrid IMA motors, mount them to the transmission and start shredding gear teeth because my Honda will have torque and lots of it. A stack of 6 will put me at about 600ft-lbs at 0 rpm with 225A per motor.

Then the next challenge is to maintain that torque (Constant current) as far as possible through the rev range. I'll have to design a boost converter of some sort to go to like 5-600 ish volts. At 225 amps per IMA, that will give me a theoretical max power of 810kW or 1,085 hp. In the real world, I'll be happy with 4-500 hp.

Cooling the stators and rotors are important. I was thinking maybe just submersing the internals in a water/glycol mix like how the Prius is, but I don't know how the rotor would like that...windage losses and such.

Custom endplates, shafts, bearings, controller, inverter, battery management, charger, and a metric asston of lithium cells. $$$$$$

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I for the longest time have loved and admired the late 1990's Japanese RH9 scene. There are so many 0-400m video gems on Youtube from the Option series, which is more focused on drifting than drag racing.

This is the first one I found that got me hooked: http://youtu.be/LEzNb5OGmAE

Here's one: http://youtu.be/a77mPPMNZ_k

Here's another one: http://youtu.be/D9zivlJNzJg

So many good ones!!!!http://youtu.be/EH7NYOwxJ68

This is my favorite: http://youtu.be/ouIjgvW0xKs

The highlight cars from that club for me are the Endless R1 Drag R33, the Advance R32, the Waste Sports R33, the Rico Racing R32, and most of all the Veilside R-1 Drag R32.

Their passion, those sounds, Almost JDM's project, and my love for drag racing leads me to envision a sedan CB with an RB 26 swap and a twin turbo HKS GT3037s setup. Imagine a CB going down the strip in 9 seconds sounding like that!!!!!
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        My crazy plan is for the CB
        Gosh, your car and mine look so much alike from the front.

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

sonikaccord:

Thank you for the reply! I for sure plan to do it. I promise you guys I will get it done. And that sounds like a very interesting setup. I would love to see that. You should invest into it. The amount of power that you would be putting down with that torque. Holy god. I couldn't imagine something like that in our chassis. But I would LOVE to see it. I'd donate every penny I have. Shit, I'd so donate my CB to the cause.

af_1132

Holy shit. I had no clue they were doing this type of thing with skylines back in those times. It's crazy. Whenever I think of skylines in japan it's the balanced cars running along long twisty tracks. Or them just going sideways at crazy speeds with crazy angle. If you were going to do an RB26 into a CB you should kick the dude in the ass that's doing the RB25! (i forget his username) I have always wanted an R34 since I was little. They just draw me in. Although I really want to pick up an R34 sedan to turn into a drift missile.

Let's see some more replies!
          Originally posted by cb9love
          when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

I love watching Kanjo videos. so I kinda want to build my CB with that in mind. but also want to have the track attack look. I know it's not detailed but yeah. :P

Comment

I would get a mitsubishi mirage and convert it into an Evo 5 clone. Ive been wanting to do that for a long time.
              Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Comment

Now this would be a hard one. If I had the chance I would love an R34 skyline. Not any skyline, but this skyline:

R34 GTR Nismo Z tuned

I doubt I would change a fricking thing on it...

Comment

A CB with a front engine RWD setup that is predominantly Honda/Acura parts. Using the S2000 transmission with a J or C series engine. S2000 rear drive train, but would probably need a custom made driveshaft. I have seen some S2000s with Honda V6s in them. So for all the major drivetrain components I could just go to Honda for the maintenance parts.
                  Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

If I ever move to Japan, I'll own a Skyline... and if I ever win the lottery I'll get myself an old Hakosuka Skyline <3.

I would keep it all OEM though, as much as I love seeing them with widebody kits and drift stance and all that... I would want it preserved.

As far as dream build goes I would want to do a RWD CB7 or DA9 build with something like a KA24 or maybe a high boost Volvo B series.
                    I'll be a dreamer for a long time though, must first acquire knowledge and some money to throw at it.

RIP my last two CB7s.
                    New rides:
                    '82 Volvo 245 drift project
                    '87 Volvo 244 daily
                    Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Wow, loving all the Skyline enthusiasts! I've always been partial to the R32 and just can't get over that car!

Originally posted by Andrewasoar View Post
                      If you were going to do an RB26 into a CB you should kick the dude in the ass that's doing the RB25! (i forget his username) I have always wanted an R34 since I was little. They just draw me in. Although I really want to pick up an R34 sedan to turn into a drift missile.
                      I have insane respect for Almost JDM (that's his username) and his crazy swap. The fact that he is even going for that swap is completely unreal. His build gave me confidence to dream about such a project.

MRT
                      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Get a cb9 chop the back top off up to the front seats. Put a rear window behind the front seats, and turn the remaining into a truck bed. Then go RWD with either a f20c or an EJ20 boxer engine out of a 90s impreza.

Alternatively, rwd a cb7 and drift the piss out of it.

Comment

For my crazy build it would have to be a 280zx with a boosted lsx swap.
                          First car i ever gave a hand on doing a motor transplant and body work on was a 280zx. ( i was in grade school i really just got in the way and asked alot of questions)
                          I have loved those cars since.
                          CB7TUNER.com
                          Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                            For my crazy build it would have to be a 280zx with a boosted lsx swap.
                            First car i ever gave a hand on doing a motor transplant and body work on was a 280zx. ( i was in grade school i really just got in the way and asked alot of questions)
                            I have loved those cars since.
                            Mmmmm, whenever Sonoma Raceway does a simultaneous drift meet with their drag racing events, you see a few V8 transplanted 180sx and 240sx monsters, so I could imagine how much more awesome a 280zx would be with a boosted lsx!!!!!!

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

I'm keeping my build plans for my current CB secret because it'll actually happen one day but a future one I'd like to do is build a VIP CB9 with a J-swap. Already know everything I'd do and the colors I want.

And sorry guys, I believe the R33 is most beautiful of all GTR's; updated front of the 32 and nicer booty than the 34.

The Facebook group

Comment

Working...
                              X