Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 turbo kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recommend the Rev Hard tubular turbo manifold, down pipe and waste gate pictured below. Camp 1320 used to sell Rev Hard products and those mentioned above sold for under $700 a couple of years ago. I recommend purchasing your turbo of choice based on your power goals.

The hours of business were 11-7P.M. Mon-Sat for local customers that can make it through the last time I checked. They were located at 9843 Mason Ave Chatsworth CA 91311.
    Contact them on 818-335-5316

I hope this is somewhat helpful.

I forgot to mention, the pictures below are from an engine bay of a CB7.

600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmoreX View Post
      Is there a link to help better understand this turbo stuff, I do have a general idea but of course like people no two motors are alike but have many similarities. I would like a better understanding as well, as I am giving thought to boosting my H as well, I figure I will build up to it slowly but surely. I am still kinda on the fence between boost and all motor. I like the information put out here helped me get a step closer to what i was looking for.

IMO: I would like a boosted K any day tho lol
      To obtain turbo information (Tech Articles) I recommend you visit the Evan's Tuning website. There is a lot of information regarding turbo charging a Honda. In addition, I recommend you reading his Dyno library in particular the H series library. Evan's provides dynos for cars he tuned and the parts used for the horse power goals. I have included the web links below.

Evan's Tuning Dyno Library
      http://forums.evans-tuning.com/viewforum.php?f=5

Evan's Tuning Tech Articles
      http://articles.evans-tuning.com/

Below is a link that provides an idea of what you will pay for a Peakboost kit. The kit pictured is for a H22 inside a civic.

http://cheapturbo.stores.yahoo.net/pehtuki.html

Comment

Originally posted by hseriesaccord View Post
        man. i gotta admit. thats a really nice manifold. i cant lie on that one. thanks for letting me know. but now i gotta make a choice on a manifold. lol. and i know im doing a lot of research. i know about the little upgrades that i need to do. like you stated about the more fuel and better clutches and what not. i plan on doing that too. but im still doing my research and ill figure out what i want to do and ill let you know. and thanks on the manifold again. that thing is very sexy
        No prob man, let me know how it works out for you whatever you decide, and post pics of the final setup

Click picture to see my mrt
        Instagram: sikz6

Comment

Originally posted by kamaccord View Post
          I recommend the Rev Hard tubular turbo manifold, down pipe and waste gate pictured below. Camp 1320 used to sell Rev Hard products and those mentioned above sold for under $700 a couple of years ago. I recommend purchasing your turbo of choice based on your power goals.

The hours of business were 11-7P.M. Mon-Sat for local customers that can make it through the last time I checked. They were located at 9843 Mason Ave Chatsworth CA 91311.
          Contact them on 818-335-5316

I hope this is somewhat helpful.

I forgot to mention, the pictures below are from an engine bay of a CB7.

you my friend, have a nasty setup.
          R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
            you my friend, have a nasty setup.
            Those pictures are not of my car. Those were pictures of a car I came across years ago with a Rev Hard setup. I originally had planned on purchasing the Rev Hard parts and allowed someone to talk me out of it which ended up costing me far more than necessary. This is a very simple setup which will make lots of power and little to no fitment problems.

Comment

Those pictures are not of my car. Those were pictures of a car I came across years ago with a Rev Hard setup. I originally had planned on purchasing the Rev Hard parts and allowed someone to talk me out of it which ended up costing me far more than necessary. This is a very simple setup which will make lots of power and little to no fitment problems.
              Perhaps it cost more... but your setup is even better looking

Comment

sorry havent been on in a awhile. but that rev hard manifold looks like it would do good. but i also want looks when im building the motor. so when people ask what do you have under the hood. and i say h22 turboed. and they say not uh let me see...or somewhere across those lines...they'll be like man. thats nice. hahahah! and thats the same exact site a saw the peakboost kit. too bad none for the cb7. but thats pretty much where i got my set up ish. lol. i want the same turbo and manifold. but ill have to piece it all together. ive always just liked the look of the ram horn style manifolds. but still thinking about boosting. we'll see how it goes and how the money unfolds. thanks for the help guys.

Comment

To obtain turbo information (Tech Articles) I recommend you visit the Evan's Tuning website. There is a lot of information regarding turbo charging a Honda. In addition, I recommend you reading his Dyno library in particular the H series library. Evan's provides dynos for cars he tuned and the parts used for the horse power goals. I have included the web links below.

Evan's Tuning Dyno Library
                  http://forums.evans-tuning.com/viewforum.php?f=5

Evan's Tuning Tech Articles
                  http://articles.evans-tuning.com/

Below is a link that provides an idea of what you will pay for a Peakboost kit. The kit pictured is for a H22 inside a civic.

http://cheapturbo.stores.yahoo.net/pehtuki.html

Wow - thank you is all I can say. I've been looking for a site that outlines others H turbo setups. Surprisingly a lot of these are not using sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Thanks for giving shitty advice that goes against just about everything I said. I appreciate it.

The next time you want to call someone's advice bullshit... try not giving worse advice yourself.
                    wtf are you talking about. I gave the dude some advice. I told him to plan. No offense to the OP but he said i plan to tune my car to 8psi. WTF does that mean? That mean he doesnt understand. You dont plan to tune around a psi until you know what turbo you plan on choosing and if its within its efficiency range on the power you plan on making. Choosing to boost your car and saying i plan on tuning around 8psi means squat.

Comment

Originally posted by Pazzword JDM View Post
                      well if he doesnt have the knowledge, then maybe he shouldnt even consider a turbo then, should he? dont contradict me and deev, the answers we gave were not at all bs. they were informed and based on experience from what we may have done or have seen done. later.
                      Just because you dont have knowledge does not mean he shouldnt consider a turbo. Now you are just making crap up to say. You dont even know what this guys goals are from his post and you are telling him to get these sleeve, piston etc... you dont even know his goals are what power and rpm range he is looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua View Post
                        Sounds like a scam artist trying to get him to buy stupid shit.
                        no you sound like an idiot not contributing at all to this thread.

it seems like from reading this thread 300hp im assuming whp is his goal and his budget is 4k.

that does not leave much room for motor build up unless its DIY. I dont have the knowledge of h22 but turboing a car is simple. Although h22 is somewhat of a high compression motor and usually not good for boost which is why people are telling you to lower your compression but in reality with a good tune it can be done on high compression (since your not looking for big power). But first choosing a turbo to fit your power goals (hp,spool time,eff range, do you want to run int/ext wastegate?) please dont buy crappy ass china turbos; garretts/turbonetics/ihi/bullseye/etc. Now choosing a manifold that depending on your turbo's flange. they have different styles ie equal length or log style etc.. some ppl have already mention some good manifolds peakboost/fullrace/revhard etc.. now choosing your injector size make sure you know if you have topmount sidemount injectors, 500cc should be enough for 300hp. Then there is tuning choices ecu/rom tune, piggy back, standalones. THERE ARE SO MANY CHOICES AND LOTS OF PLANNING! Check aroudn the forums see what setups are out there. I dont know much about h22 + boost but just dont listen to people who arent really helping by telling you to buy these rods and pistons etc... OF COURSE its not a bad idea but you have to plan around your budget and goals, i would hope an h22 internals can hold up to 300whp but im a h22 noob.
                        Last edited by reccakun08; 12-11-2009, 01:21 AM.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145858

buy this pull the motor out and drop it in your car. done and done.

Comment

Your right, your advice wasn't that terrible... I just didn't agree with telling him to get a kit, and I overreacted.

If you don't know what you're doing, taking the easy way out is NOT the way to ensure your motor will last. You need to understand what each and every part of the system does before you bolt it on. Even when buying a kit, you need to know what comes in it, so you know if it's right for your motor.

Most kits for the H and F series today are cheap Chinese crap. Quality companies don't offer nearly as much as they used to.

Furthermore, a kit won't sell you an ECU tune... and that is one of the most important factors in not blowing your motor up. Especially the H22, which has high compression and relatively fragile internals. A bad tune result in serious damage very quickly.

As a Beginner, he can't view classifieds... but damn... that's a good deal!

Comment

1990 Honda Accord LX turbo for sale?

I know this is fairly old, Anyone know of anyone selling a entire turbo setup for a f22a1? I got some extra cash laying around

Comment

Working...
                              X