Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tishock View Post
    Wow, you've been busy. I've been away for while and just caught up on your MRT. Keep up the good work, sir.

Also got your PM. I thought Synchrotech would have packaged set, but I never looked in to it further. Nice to know they're available. Will definitely get a set for the next tranny build.
    I try to keep up on the projects, and gives me something to do. Ya, i guess I'm going to order the Syncrotech MS/CS gears, i'm curious to compare their findings to yours and mine. I know the last email i sent him was a long email advising him about measurements, blah, blah ,blah and how the MS gear was no different for the F22/F23 and just the CS height needs to be changed. I was expecting a nice reply with measurements but he just replied and said:

"We machine the gear to the same size as the OEM H22 gear.
    Price for the gear by itself is $150 + shipping."

lol......

Comment

haha, he did send another reply. "Yes only the one gear is shaved to fit." So he is selling the MS gear to people for no reason here.

Comment

Anyways, on with the show.

This is the fuse box extension unit I'm working on still. I used liquid electrical tape to cover any metal ends that may be showing. Although they are not touching each other i'm not going to risk it. Some electrical tape to cover the holes that are not in use too.

Then I'm using a glue gun to hold everything in place here. Here I am testing one end to see how things are going to work, and how secure it is. I also tested on another piece of the same plastic to see if the glue will come off.

Comment

So on with the show. Another challenge is the CD5 side skirts from a V6 accord. They flare out near the rear and they add style with an OEM look. But... anyone who has tried to mount these will realize it is not easy. So still not sure where I'm going with this, I'll think on it.

You basically have to make your own tabs. Cut the prior tabs off so the skirt will fit and so you can move them to the holes.

I made this device out of the old ones.

I read of one person putting screws threw the top of the skirt. You wouldn't see it with the doors closed, but you would when you open the door. Also I think the door could scrape on the screw when opening/closing.

I'm using glue to temporarily hold them in position.

Oh ya, I put the fenders back on, got everything tightened up, bumper back on, and all lights connected.

Comment

Comment

I'm looking forward to the side skirt mod, keep up the insane work your doing here.
              CB7TUNER.com
              Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                I'm looking forward to the side skirt mod, keep up the insane work your doing here.
                Ya, that didn't work out. There's no way to secure the pre-made tabs I have unless I put a screw threw the top. And the doors will rub on that screw so no go there. I'll see what I can find for flat head screws today but for now I put them back on the car simply held on by screws on the bottom side of the car and where the mud flaps screws are.

Updates time

Since the T2T4 tranny has been apart for so long i decided to put it back together, more for practice. All went smoothly except one bolt does not have a home. I actually can't remember where this goes or where it came from. Does anyone know?

Comment

Well from the help of some others, I determined this is a drain plug. Not sure where it came from yet...

Comment

See the banjo fitting for the rubber clutch flex line that's been cut? Check directly below/under where the banjo connects to the aluminum union block. It should go in parallel to the input shaft, so in your case it's aiming down towards the bench making it very hard to spot from above.

Comment

Look at the shifter mechanism on the transmission. The face of that bolt faces the bellhousing and holds part of the shift selector together.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                        See the banjo fitting for the rubber clutch flex line that's been cut? Check directly below/under where the banjo connects to the aluminum union block. It should go in parallel to the input shaft, so in your case it's aiming down towards the bench making it very hard to spot from above.
                        Originally posted by Chrisnick View Post
                        Look at the shifter mechanism on the transmission. The face of that bolt faces the bellhousing and holds part of the shift selector together.

You guys are awesome!! Even though I stared at that transmission forever, went over pictures I took, flipped it around, etc. ........ I missed the hole that this bolt goes in to!

You both were correct. Near the shifter assembly, and very hard to see!

Big thank you!!

Comment

Comment

Were you not happy with the machinists job that they did to your gears? Or is this set just to reference off of?
                            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                              Were you not happy with the machinists job that they did to your gears? Or is this set just to reference off of?
                              Reference, and i can't wait to compare Compare to my measurements and to the amazing DIY Tishock did for this mod.

Comment

Started the car yesterday after sitting for 6 months (winter). Started in 1 sec, no hesitation, no smoke, no drips, no problems at all. Really surprises me every spring when I start her for the first time. Really made me want to driver it, but she needs an inspection sticker.

The sega continues...
                                Last edited by Raf99; 07-13-2017, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X