What's your education level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
    I was pulled to the US a year after HS and went straight into the work force...got distracted, lost motivation and never went back. Financials was a major part too but not the fullr eason.
    Thank cool bro, I still gotta make it through Law school

Comment

I have an associates, and am pursuing a bachelors. I picked pursuing a bachelors.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

hs diploma.. i would gladly go to some sort of college if i ever thought of something i actually want to go to school for.. my parents said they would pay it in full of course, but i honestly cant think of anything i would want to go to school for..

Comment

I am a highschool graduate, also an ICAR/NOCTI certified Collision Repair/refinish or auto body graduate. Very proud day when I graduated collision repair! Proudest I've had I suppose... Until I get married, which is in the near future!
          "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
          Disregard females, acquire currency
          BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
            I know you've heard it before but you should really try. I finally went to a community college after 8 yrs of being tired of getting paid a shitty wage. You really can't do anything without an associates, its getting to the point where you even need a Bachelor's.

College is really different from high school I think. Way better too, teachers actually care from what I've found. If you think classrooms aren't for you maybe try a trade school?
            Trust me I think about it often but im still trying to get my life on track and once I move out il start taking classes for HVAC technician or maybe computer programmer majoring in C+ or Python.
            -Will

Comment

In 4 weeks I'll be receiving my BA in Liberal Studies and a Multiple Subject Teaching Credential. Realistically a teacher with a BA will have a hard time getting by, so I'm planning on getting a Masters in Environmental Science and Policy (yes, I'm a tree hugger). In addition to that, I'll be getting a Single Subject Credential to teach high school science.

Comment

I'm not sure where I place on your poll . . .

Your education system is confusing as fuck to me.
                I just Googled and found out a "Freshman" is 14-15, I always thought it was first year University

I finished College (US High school) when I was 17 (NZ Year 12) and achieved 6th form Cert Which I'm guessing is "US High school diploma"

I then started a training program with Honda New Zealand, and achieved a Bronze IST achievement.

I then proceeded to do a Level 4 NZQA Automotive Engineering Qualification.
                Which is one level below a NZ Diploma, But I'm not sure where it rates on your poll.

Confused much? I am
                Last edited by evil_demon_01; 04-27-2012, 04:34 AM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

As of next Thursday, I'll have a BS in Mechanical Engineering from ASU.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                    I'm not sure where I place on your poll . . .

Your education system is confusing as fuck to me.
                    I just Googled and found out a "Freshman" is 14-15, I always thought it was first year University

I finished College (US High school) when I was 17 (NZ Year 12) and achieved 6th form Cert Which I'm guessing is "US High school diploma"

I then started a training program with Honda New Zealand, and achieved a Bronze IST achievement.

I then proceeded to do a Level 4 NZQA Automotive Engineering Qualification.
                    Which is one level below a NZ Diploma, But I'm not sure where it rates on your poll.

Confused much? I am
                    So they don't have colleges(post high school) facilities?

I think it is confusing because high school is called College over there.

In the US, a Freshman is both a 9th Grader in high school or a first year College student.

As for me,

I completed a 2 year hospital based program in Radiologic Technology a.k.a X-ray Tech.....the guy who takes pictures of your mangled ass bones.

Because of the weakened economy, some hospital closings, and multiple schools taking 60+ students a year in these type of programs, there are 0 full time jobs in my field in the tri state area.

Once in a while one comes around but they are really hard to get.

Most places want per diem or part time.

I almost have a Bachelors degree, Im looking into finishing it now so I can get that phat 9/11 GI Bill.

Comment

I didn't know what we call high school was known as college in NZ!

Yeah, high school is generally from the ages of 14-18 (grades 9-12).
                      Then college/university is 18+ It's all "college" here, but a "university" is generally just a larger college... a "college" can be anything from a small 2 year community school, a 4 year school, or a graduate school. Regardless... anything after high school level is never free!

Colin, I'd say your level would probably be the equivalent of the second to last option... the career-oriented training. You got Honda-specific training, right? Not just an automotive program at a general school? It's a much more focused, specialized level of education than a general trade school (as we have them in the US) would provide.

Comment

I've had my BS in Chemistry for 6 years and I'll have my MBA with a concentration in Finance completed this December.

Comment

I have an AA which I'll agree is pretty much worthless in getting jobs. I also have a BS in Food and Nutrition (and I would never BS), but my career is in Environmental Health.

My swap thread
                          Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Associates in automotive electrical engineering at Oregon state.

Switched up my career path, got into organized crime.

Decided that wasn't working out for me, went back to college and got a Bachelors with major in Business management and minor in Business administration at Oregon State.

I have various ASE certifications and have completed the College of business administration program at the UNL campus that was provided by my company as well as several continued education courses. Ive also taken a plethera of courses on networking and network engineering for my job.

I also carry several licenses for CDL and heavy machine operations.

I am certified/licensed for ferts/pesticides as well as it was one of many things I did for my contracting company, which I am now a silent partner of.
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Undergrad...

Chemical Engineering with specialty in Management, Process, and Polymers.

Masters...

Masters of Engineering Management. Focus on Supply Chain Management, Resource Management, and Quality Control.

Graduating this May and deciding if I should work... or do another masters.

3 job offers.
                              2 acceptances to Master's programs.

I really wish I had more car knowledge though. That way I can build cars from the ground up like most of you guys seem to be able to do.
                              my 91 cb7
                              Originally posted by 4doorfury
                              I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

Car knowledge can be learned. Cars are actually quite simple in most cases. Working on a car is really just a matter of following directions!

Comment

Working...
                                X